Get movie widget Recommend it Add to Favorites

Paul Rudd, Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux, Alan Alda, Malin Akerman ... see more see more... , Ken Marino , Joe Lo Truglio , Kathryn Hahn , Kerri Kenney-Silver , Lauren Ambrose , Michaela Watkins , Jordan Peele , Linda Lavin , Jessica St. Clair , Todd Barry , Martin Thompson , Ian Patrick Williams , John D'Leo , Zandy Hartig , Keegan Michael Key , Mather Zickel , Juan C. Piedrahita , Peter Salett , Patricia French , Nina Hellman , Richard Jones , Juana Samayoa , David Cardenas , Sharon Lubin , Vester Grayson , Ronald McFarlin , Roger Pharham-Brown , Jim Moffatt , Sung-Suk Garber , Craig Wedren , Amy Miles , Charles Gansa , Roberto Zincone , Francis Capitanelli , Kerri Kenney , Ray Liotta

George (Rudd) and Linda (Aniston) are an overextended, stressed out Manhattan couple. After George is downsized out of his job, they find themselves with only one option: to move in with George's awfu... read more read more...l brother in Atlanta. On the way there, George and Linda stumble upon Elysium, an idyllic community populated by colorful characters who embrace a different way of looking at things. Money? It can't buy happiness. Careers? Who needs them? Clothes? Only if you want them. Is Elysium the fresh start George and Linda need? Or will the change of perspective cause more problems than it solves? -- (C) Universal

Flixster Users

40% liked it

41,260 ratings

Critics

59% liked it

134 critics

R, 1 hr. 20 min.

Directed by: David Wain

Release Date: February 24, 2012

Invite friends to see

DVD Release Date: June 19, 2012

Stats: 2,752 reviews

Your Rating

clear rating

Flixster Reviews (2,752)

• May 6, 2013
    Kind of painful to watch. I love Paul Rudd, but even he couldn't raise this sinking ship. The subject matter could have been really funny, but the way this storyline was presented just seemed to miss the mark every time. Pretty underwhelming film. Too bad.
  • September 27, 2012
    Little bit disappointing. Had its moments, but wasn't consistently funny. It was okay, I guess, but I wish I hadn't bought it unseen. I usually like Jennifer Anniston's rom coms.
  • September 24, 2012
    "Wanderlust" is exactly what the title suggests -- it wanders with its narrative with very little punchlines or humor to make it memorable. Paul Rudd is always good and always entertaining to watch, but with the lackluster script and boring plotline, "Wanderlust" is a pass altoge... read morether.
  • September 21, 2012
    PURE TRASH NOTHING MORE 0 Stars 9-14-12
  • August 31, 2012
    'Wanderlust'. Paul Rudd has his comedic moments, but the rest of this cult comedy is mostly forgettable.
  • August 10, 2012
    "I liked the movie. I thought is was kinda funny and had some great moments. I laughed the hardest when Paul was in front of the mirror trying to talk himself up to having sex with Eva. But that was by far the funniest moment for me and it never got any funnier. I guess I was jus... read moret expecting more laughs. I do think everyone did a great job in the movie. All the characters were a lot of fun. So didn't love it, but it wasn't awful either."
  • fb100000145236770
    August 8, 2012
    fb100000145236770
    Paul Rudd(George) and Jennifer Aniston(Linda) star in this very uneven comedy about a couple who have to downsize their lives and move from New York to Atlanta to live with George's brother. Along the way they stumble upon Elysium, which is basically a hippy community. There th... read moreey find a fresh start, with no need for jobs, money, phones, or anything else to hamper their happiness. But like all good things, it never lasts and is too good to be true. The performances are all fantastic. The supporting cast is great, especially Alan Alda as the founder of Elysium and Ken Marino(George's butthole brother). The problem is the pacing and the tone. The movie tends to drag in spots that really brings it down. It's an hour and 38 minutes which is a good run time, but it feels over 2 hours long. When the jokes hit, they hit good, and when they miss it's bad. More misses than hits here, which is never a good thing. It's still funny and worth a watch, but if you expect "Role Models" or "Knocked Up" quality comedy, you will be disappointed. Just take it for what it is, and keep expectations in check.
  • July 28, 2012
    "It sucks. It isn't interesting. It isn't entertaining. It isn't anything.
  • July 18, 2012
    Its got its funny bits but other than that its a very predictable and not alot going on. Its a very average movie and although a good, decent cast the movie just lacks in everything else.
  • July 16, 2012
    The first half of Wanderlust is great. It's really funny, the two leads have great chemistry and the editing works really well. There is also a scene with a CGI fly that is awesome. Then, pretty much exactly half way through, the story takes a huge dive and all the annoying and p... read moreredictable cliches come out the woodwork. Suddenly, all the characters change into different people making the good character development pointless. It's like it was rushed or they didn't know how to end it but it really ruined what could have been a great film. Paul Rudd's awful attempts at the already annoying 'School of Apatow/Ferrell' ad-libbing only underlines why I hate it so much. None of you are any good at it so stop trying!!

Critic Reviews

Peter Rainer
March 2, 2012
Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor

Trust me, this movie doesn't deliver on any level, high or low. Full Review

Nick Pinkerton
February 29, 2012
Nick Pinkerton, Village Voice

It's hard to remember a comedy so populated with good character bits. Full Review

Nigel Floyd
February 29, 2012
Nigel Floyd, Time Out

You know you're in trouble when not even the improvised scenes and fluffed out-takes are funny. Full Review

David Denby
February 28, 2012
David Denby, New Yorker

A messy but occasionally very funny satirical comedy... Full Review

David Edelstein
February 27, 2012
David Edelstein, New York Magazine/Vulture

Rudd might not be the subtlest straight man in movies, but, as of this moment, he's the best. Full Review

J. R. Jones
February 26, 2012
J. R. Jones, Chicago Reader

Being taken under Apatow's wing may have been a big career break for writer-director David Wain, but this lacks the sharp personality of some of his earlier movies. Full Review

Dana Stevens
February 26, 2012
Dana Stevens, Slate

[The] shaggy but agreeable Wanderlust [is] worth the detour. Full Review

Alonso Duralde
February 24, 2012
Alonso Duralde, TheWrap

The film's problems go deeper than its outdated source of mockery and its narrative sloppiness. Worse than anything else, it's just not all that funny. Full Review

David Edelstein
February 24, 2012
David Edelstein, NPR

It takes guts to do a comedy this big without gross-out slapstick, and the writers and the actors are all in. Full Review

Stephen Whitty
February 24, 2012
Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger

The leads are charming and although the plot twists are obvious, there are some funny scenes here. Full Review

Critic ratings and reviews powered by RottenTomatoes.com

Fresh (60% or more critics rated the movie positively)

Rotten (59% or fewer critics rated the movie positively)

More Like This

Click a thumb to vote on that suggestion, or add your own suggestions.

• I Love You, Man
    I Love You, Man (77%)
  • Get Him to the Greek
    Get Him to the Greek (64%)
  • Role Models
    Role Models (65%)
  • Cop Out
    Cop Out (56%)

Facts

• Wayne: Gotta put the ol'dangle bag on.
    • Marisa: [wispers] I have a dildo in here. Feel free to use it.. and know that its clean cause I run it through the dishwasher like whoopa-sadie-do... Do you like hambergers?
    • Rick: Holy shit our TV room is twice the size of your whole apartment.
    • George: Doors are bullshit.
    • Rodney: Here we go. Thank you, acid.
    • Seth: You know you can really get trapped in that web of beepers and Zenith televisions and Walkmens and discmens and floppy discs and zip drives, laser discs, answering machines and Nintendo Power Glove...
    • Linda: Wow, you know so much about technology.

Wanderlust : Watch Free on TV

Wanderlust Trivia

Movie Quizzes

No quizzes for Wanderlust. Want to create one?

Recent News

No recent headlines. Got one?

Recent Lists

Most Popular Skin

No skins yet. Interested in creating one?