Total Recall
Total Recall (2012)

Welcome to Rekall, the company that can turn your dreams into real memories. For a factory worker named Douglas Quaid (Colin Farrell), even though he's got a beautiful wife (Kate Beckinsale) who he loves, the mind-trip sounds like the… More

Directed By:
Rated: PG-13
Running Time:
Release Date: December 18, 2012
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
30%
Flixster
User Score
47%

Critic Score: 30% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews

Consensus: While it boasts some impressive action sequences, Total Recall lacks the intricate plotting, wry humor, and fleshed out characters that made the original a sci-fi classic.

Tom Huddleston
Time Out

'Total Recall' is Hollywood at its worst: pointless, witless, and so very unnecessary.

Full review…
Richard Roeper
Richard Roeper.com

Casting and visuals are an upgrade, but we get far too many action sequences and not enough of the mind games.

Full review…
Eric D. Snider
EricDSnider.com

A generic, inconsequential sci-fi caper that looks slick and has a famous title, and offers little else, no matter how many nipples the whores have.

Full review…
Rafer Guzman
Newsday

"Total Recall" is a toned-down, smoothed-out version of an amped-up, bug-eyed classic.

Full review…
Christopher Orr
The Atlantic

I was no particular fan of the first Total Recall, but I confess that this flat, by-the-numbers remake made me a tad nostalgic for its bombastic preposterousness.

Full review…
Will Leitch
Deadspin

It would rather be a blockbuster than a mind-bender. It turns out to be neither.

Full review…
Dana Stevens
Slate

This is a taut, serviceable sci-fi thriller with a couple of neat visual ideas, and if you're not familiar with either the Schwarzenegger version or the original story, the brain-bending twists alone will take you a reasonably long way.

Full review…
Lisa Kennedy
Denver Post

Whatever tug Total Recall has on the imagination comes from the vague sense we've seen it all before. And seen it better: from Christopher Nolan's Inception to Ridley Scott's Blade Runner.

Full review…
Catherine Bray
Film4

More or less serviceable action thriller with some nice ideas for visual set pieces, but did it really have to be as long as it is?

Full review…
More reviews for Total Recall

Flixster Audience Score: 47% Flixster User Reviews
Wildaly M
You can skip this one.
Film Crazy
Such a shame and waste of a unique plot and talented cast couldnt pull this action packed mess together! The action should keep you entertained to a degree but… More
Lanning : )
I'm a big fan of the original. Arnold's humor is my favorite part. This new one takes itself very seriously. That's not good. <p>The… More
Cynthia S.
Okay, technically this may just be another adaptation to the same written work, rather than a remake. It might even be a more faithful adaptation. However,… More
Dean !
A very decent film in it's own right, and no it's not a straight remake! If you watch the first film again today it sure does look dated now. The main… More
♥˩ƳИИ ƜѲѲƉƧ♥
"<b>Total Recall</b> was a action packed blast. I like movies with a lot of action. It leaves less room to get bored with the film. I love me… More