The Three Stooges
The Three Stooges (2012)

Left on a nun's doorstep, Larry, Curly and Moe grow up finger-poking, nyuk-nyuking and woo-woo-wooing their way to uncharted levels of knuckleheaded misadventure. Out to save their childhood home, only The Three Stooges could become… More

Rated: PG
Running Time:
Genre: Comedy
Release Date: July 17, 2012
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
51%
Flixster
User Score
48%

Critic Score: 51% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews

Consensus: While nowhere near as painful as it could have been, The Three Stooges fails to add fresh laughs to the Stooges' inestimable cinematic legacy.

Tom Huddleston
Time Out

'The Three Stooges' is exactly the film it wants to be. Was it worth ten years of anyone's life? Probably not. Is it worth 88 minutes of yours? Absolutely.

Full review…
Nick Pinkerton
Village Voice

The leads acquit themselves in the physical comedy, resurrecting shtick honed on a thousand-and-one vaudeville stages, and recreated in as many playgrounds.

Full review…
Felix Vasquez Jr.
Cinema Crazed

When the movie works, it can derive some raucous laughter...

Full review…
David Denby
New Yorker

The movie is so infantile that it achieves a special kind of purity and gentleness.

Full review…
Eric D. Snider
Film.com

Any reasonable objections to the Farrellys' Three Stooges will not be on the grounds that it desecrates a revered comedy franchise, but on the grounds that it's not very funny.

Full review…
Will Leitch
Deadspin

It's innocent and silly and brainless and funny. This is not a dumb comedy done smartly; this is a dumb comedy done dumbly.

Full review…
Joshua Rothkopf
Time Out New York

The metafriction between these classic dupes and today's idiots chafes uneasily.

Full review…
Stephen Whitty
Newark Star-Ledger

If this is a tribute, it's a crass and clumsy one.

Full review…
Tom Glasson
Concrete Playground

Short, silly and charmingly harmless, it's likely only the Stooges aficionados will find a whole lot to love.

Full review…
More reviews for The Three Stooges

Flixster Audience Score: 48% Flixster User Reviews
JY Skacto
Bobby and Peter Farrelly bring old style slapstick comedy to modern days with <i>The Three Stooges</i>.<p>The story is simple and requires… More
Spencer S.
Not the travesty that it was advertised to be, this adaptation of the original material from the one and only Three Stooges takes a few steps in the right… More
Anthony Lawrie
Hang on, this film was supposed to be awful! I like the original Three Stooges, maybe not as much as the Marx brothers but I truly believe they were artists and… More
Mike S
Where is the duo of directors that gave us comedy gold like <i>Kingpin</i> and <i>Dumb and Dumber</i>? They seem but a distant memory… More
♥˩ƳИИ ƜѲѲƉƧ♥
"I have DVD collections of the great Three Stooges and I was looking forward to a film being made. However I was EXTREMELY disappointed with this film. If… More
Greg S
Moe, Larry and Curly try to raise money to save an orphanage, and Moe ends up in the cast of "Jersey Shore." Predictable plot, but the impersonations… More