The Fugitive
The Fugitive (1993)

This 1993 box-office smash partly adheres to the 1960s TV series on which it is based and partly goes off on several tangents of its own. Harrison Ford stars as Dr. Richard Kimble, convicted of murdering his wife. While being transferred to… More

Directed By:
Rated: PG-13
Running Time:
Release Date: November 24, 1998
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
96%
Flixster
User Score
88%

Critic Score: 96% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews

Consensus: Exhilarating and intense, this high-impact chase thriller is a model of taut and efficient formula filmmaking, and it features Harrison Ford at his frantic best.

Clifford Terry
Chicago Tribune

Working from a tight script by Jeb Stuart and David Twohy, director Andrew Davis has fashioned a crackling, intelligent thriller.

Full review…
Gene Siskel
Chicago Tribune

I've already seen The Fugitive twice. I'll probably see it again.

Full review…
Bill Clark
FromTheBalcony

In many ways The Fugitive represents the pinnacle of a genre not much in style any more: the suspense/action picture.

Full review…
Jeff Shannon
Seattle Times

The film is little more than a well-oiled machine that serves a strictly limited function, but like a precision timepiece, it is a thing to marvel at, even under close scrutiny.

Full review…
Steven Rea
Philadelphia Inquirer

Thoroughly engaging, edge-of-the-seat entertainment.

Full review…
Matt Brunson
Creative Loafing

Directed for maximum impact by Andrew Davis, this contains enough suspenseful set-pieces, clever red herrings and spectacular stuntwork to satisfy most thriller aficionados, yet what really makes the movie work are the performances by Ford and Jones.

Full review…
Peter Travers
Rolling Stone

For dynamite suspense loaded with thrills and wicked fun, you can't beat The Fugitive.

Full review…
Jay Boyar
Orlando Sentinel

While there are actors in this film, there isn't much room for acting. The rapid editing and near-absence of dialogue reduces the actors to action figures with colorful labels pasted on their foreheads.

Full review…
Felix Vasquez Jr.
Cinema Crazed

An action film heavyweight and purely excellent masterpiece...

Full review…
More reviews for The Fugitive

Flixster Audience Score: 88% Flixster User Reviews
Chris Weber
Somewhat based off of the 1960s TV series, this is the story of Dr. Richard Kimble, a vascular surgeon accused of murdering his wife, He claims a one-armed man… More
Alex roy
Director Andrew Davis' The Fugitive is a solid action packed thriller about a reputed doctor who gets falsely accused of murdering his wife. He escapes… More
Candy Rose
Harrison is brilliant in this movie. Great storyline about a doctor who is framed for his wife's murder. He escapes from a prison van during a road… More
Jim Careter
The Fugitive is a great action film and it was awesome, I highly recommend it.
Tyler Robertson
Harrison Ford is one of those actors who can take any role, no matter how ridiculous it is, and turn it into something worth watching. He works in every movie… More
Lorenzo von Matterhorn
<i>"A murdered wife. A one-armed man. An obsessed detective. The chase begins."</i> Dr. Richard Kimble, unjustly accused of killing his… More

More Like This