The Cold Light of Day
The Cold Light of Day (2012)

Will Shaw (Henry Cavill) goes to Spain for a weeklong sailing vacation with his family but his whole world turns upside down when the family is kidnapped by intelligence agents hell-bent on recovering a mysterious briefcase and Will… More

Directed By:
Rated: PG-13
Running Time:
Release Date: January 29, 2013
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
5%
Flixster
User Score
29%

Critic Score: 5% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews
Ben Sachs
Chicago Reader

Cavill is no substitute for Van Damme, whose self-critical performance gave the earlier movie much of its heft

Full review…
Stephen Holden
New York Times

A catastrophe worth noting only for the presence of its name cast.

Full review…
John Hanlon
Big Hollywood

A poorly-directly and terribly-executed mess of a motion picture that should have been left in the dark.

Full review…
Sheri Linden
Los Angeles Times

The script throws around phrases like "intel," "terrorist" and "rogue operative," but as time bombs go, the briefcase-versus-loved-ones ultimatum barely ticks.

Full review…
Nathan Rabin
AV Club

Defined by needless, frenetic exertion in lieu of anything resembling inspiration.

Full review…
Eric D. Snider
Pajiba

An unnecessary but inoffensive espionage thriller that you have to assume was an inch away from going straight to DVD.

Full review…
James Berardinelli
ReelViews

Charging $10 for this movie is criminal; vouchers and letters of apology should be handed out at the exit for those stalwart viewers who stick it out to the end.

Full review…
Clark Collis
Entertainment Weekly

Apes The Bourne Identity so slavishly yet so boringly it winds up with no identity at all.

Full review…
Jim Lane
Sacramento News & Review

... the kind of shoddy, low-rent stinker the robots on Mystery Science Theater 3000 used to enjoy ripping to shreds.

Full review…
More reviews for The Cold Light of Day

Flixster Audience Score: 29% Flixster User Reviews
Everett Johnson
Want a good look at actor playing the new "Superman"? Then check this out because he(Henry Cavill) is the star, and hopefully he is better at playing… More
Al S
A great surprise to watch. A tense, smart, confident and extremely exciting action-thriller. A heart-pounding and tremendously entertaining chase of a movie… More
Bruce Bruce
Excellent Movie where for once its not all about Bruce Willis, Plenty of action throughout the film, great car chase scene. Veronica Echegui is over the top on… More
Dean !
A fairly decent spy thriller in the style of the Bourne films. It's not up to that standard overall, but on a smaller budget it does a good job with plenty… More
♥˩ƳИИ ƜѲѲƉƧ♥
<b><i>The Cold Light of Day</b></i> was not what I was hoping it would be, which is a great action packed thriller. Instead it was… More
Phil Hubbs
Pretty standard affair, pretty standard plot but not quite as bad as many have made it out to be in my humble opinion. I think one issue here is the fact the… More