Safe House
Safe House (2012)

Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds star in the action-thriller Safe House. Washington plays the most dangerous renegade from the CIA, who comes back onto the grid after a decade on the run. When the South African safe house he's… More

Directed By:
Rated: R
Running Time:
Release Date: June 5, 2012
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
53%
Flixster
User Score
64%

Critic Score: 53% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews

Consensus: Safe House stars Washington and Reynolds are let down by a thin script and choppily edited action sequences.

Bruce Diones
New Yorker

The film's super-saturated look and quick cutting are mere substitutes for any real sense of intrigue.

Full review…
Colin Covert
Minneapolis Star Tribune

I won't deny that the movie hooked me with sheer brute energy and dragged me along with it most of the way.

Full review…
Kenneth R. Morefield
Christianity Today

Everybody fights and everybody lies in a thriller that tries to glamorize spies while demonizing their profession.

Full review…
Nigel Floyd
Time Out

While director Espinosa hones in on the ambiguous battle between Weston's idealism and Frost's cynicism, British cinematographer Oliver Wood - who filmed the last two Bourne movies - shoots the hell out of everything.

Full review…
Richard Roeper
Richard Roeper.com

Nothing really new here, but the cast is first-rate.

Full review…
Adam Ross
The Aristocrat

With a small amount of tweaking, Safe House could have been a knockout thriller. Instead, we have a film that shares the same notions as my school report cards: ' ...has potential, just needs to focus'.

Full review…
Rex Reed
New York Observer

This is a naive director with so little insight you wonder what comic books he's been reading.

Full review…
Rafer Guzman
Newsday

"Safe House" has just enough bone density to emit some satisfying cracks and pops whenever the action gets going.

Full review…
Jeff Beck
Examiner.com

["Safe House"] becomes a prime example of why no matter how many chases and other action sequences they may throw into the mix, they can't even begin to make up for the more important elements.

Full review…
More reviews for Safe House

Flixster Audience Score: 64% Flixster User Reviews
Julie B
Eh. S'okay.
paul sandberg
While hardly breaking any new ground, Safe House has enough style and intrigue to keep you watching, in spite of knowing exactly how it will turn out (and… More
Dean !
A decent action/thriller with a few twists. You know you are always going to get a good performance out of Washington. Maybe it could have done with a bit more… More
Christian C
Engaging and exciting. Denzel Washington gives his typical, strong performance...although it is "typical" in that his character really isn't… More
Albert Kim
Bourne is black... I mean back. No wait, this is the wrong review. All jokes aside, it delivers high octane action enough to please action junkies alike. And… More
Bruce Bruce
Excellent film both Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds play a awesome part. In light of the recent invasion in to the US Embassy in Libya, this movie is… More