Rock of Ages
Rock of Ages (2012)

Rock of Ages tells the story of small town girl Sherrie and city boy Drew, who meet on the Sunset Strip while pursuing their Hollywood dreams. Their rock 'n' roll romance is told through the heart-pounding hits of Def Leppard, Joan… More

Directed By:
Rated: PG-13
Running Time:
Release Date: October 9, 2012
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
41%
Flixster
User Score
54%

Critic Score: 41% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews

Consensus: Its exuberant silliness is almost enough to make up for its utter inconsequentiality, but Rock of Ages is ultimately too bland and overlong to justify its trip to the big screen.

Anthony Lane
New Yorker

Rock of Ages is not a spoof, but it might as well be, given how little there is to root for.

Full review…
Richard Roeper
Richard Roeper.com

Every time an actor belts out a hit, you're reminded that the original, however cheesy, was better.

Full review…
Glenn Dunks
Trespass

Oscar-worthy costume design by Rita Ryack ... enliven the proceedings that are constantly mired by Tom Cruise's unattractive vanity mugging, off-putting gay jokes and questionable taste in choreography.

Full review…
Glenn Kenny
MSN Movies

...a cinematic endeavor that, for all intents and purposes, is asking the consumer to put down his or her money to watch movie stars do karaoke.

Full review…
Christopher Orr
The Atlantic

The movie's supporting stars are always, inevitably, winking at the audience, but it's unclear whether the dewy-eyed leads even know how to blink.

Full review…
Kimber Myers
The Playlist

Rock of Ages will make you want to raise your arms...and then immediately plunge your fingers into your eyeballs for salvation (you can go back for seconds to rescue your ears).

Full review…
Laremy Legel
Film.com

Cruise, as Stacee Jaxx, is the living embodiment of a rock god.

Full review…
Lisa Kennedy
Denver Post

Pour some sugar on it, indeed.

Full review…
Al Alexander
The Patriot Ledger

Feelin' the noise ain't the same as feeling something for the characters, most of whom fail to amp it up in the soul department.

Full review…
More reviews for Rock of Ages

Flixster Audience Score: 54% Flixster User Reviews
Candy Rose
Musical about a country girl wanting to make it big in Hollywood. It's a bit like Coyote Ugly. Good cast and music. Tom Cruise is an aged rocker off his… More
paul sandberg
Today marks the passing of my favorite film critic Roger Ebert. Not only were we very simpatico in our tastes, but I always found his commentary (and blogs) to… More
JY Skacto
Adam Shankman's choice of music in <i>Rock of Ages</i> brings the noise, but not much else.</p><p>The story is predictable and the… More
UUd Irawan Yudha Ariyanto
awkward drama musical humor.
♥˩ƳИИ ƜѲѲƉƧ♥
<b>Rock of Ages</b> was a complete silly, fun, good time. I had no intentions of seeing the movie. I probably never would have if it wasn't for… More
Nate Zoebl
Earlier this year, Rock of Ages came and quickly left the box-office, failing to make a splash with the American public despite a healthy enough run on Broadway… More