Rise of the Guardians Reviews and Ratings

• April 21, 2014
    This isn't the greatest film ever, it has issues and much of the time it is a contradiction to what is good about this movie. Why is the globe always focused on Australia and Europe, moreover, the representation in Australia is all wrong and 98% of the population lives on the coa... read morest. But it looks great. Why is the last believer in middle America, and why aren't they wearing shoes? The cast is perfect but Chris Pine does not match the way he looks in the movie. He looks 16 at the most and Pine has a very low voice. But the movie looks great, and overall is written well. Is it perfect and always funny? No, but it is enjoyable and has some laughs. Its good, but not quite good enough to win me over completely. That said, I did tear up once or twice.

But WTF was that song at the end?
  • April 18, 2014
    Hopefully this will become a child's classic, because it has all the makings to be one. Fun for both adults and children, this film will remain as a steadfast children's film, simply based on the fact that the makers seriously cared that they were making a film for children. The ... read moreconcept is fanciful, death is handled sensibly and carefully, there's minimal violence, and the characters are all linked to traditions and mythology that still lives on in the minds of children everywhere. The action is also handled well, and the color scheme is breathtaking. The choices for the casting of this were also really interesting: Hugh Jackman as a boomerang throwing accented Easter bunny with serious attitude. Alec Baldwin as a Russian, tough guy Santa Claus. They work so well. The story even felt original, which is hard to do with characters that have been adapted and depicted in various media. This is just the best kind of children's film, sweet, simple, and lovable.
  • April 6, 2014
    the animation was awesome... but the story was a bit mehh to me.
  • January 29, 2014
    Great family movie. A lot of action and good life lessons.
  • January 9, 2014
    Filmaccio per bimbi mentecatti, non c'e' una singola cosa che si salva. Fa venire il mal di pancia.
  • January 6, 2014
    Fun and family friendly. Our girls love it!
  • December 28, 2013
    Having not read the childrens books, I found the story strange with a very scary Pitch character. Beautiful animation tho. Not really for young children.
  • December 25, 2013
    Rise of the Guardians is a bit like a holiday Avengers movie for kids - its plot is mediocre, but the characters have true depth, and the visuals are often funny and, a lot of the time, spellbinding.
  • December 16, 2013
    I love this movie it is so great and a most see to me.
  • December 7, 2013
    I thought the film was so so. They had a good idea for a film, but didn't execute it correctly. What surprised me about the film was the dark tone, which was reflected through the villain Pitch. I can see that turning off some kids from the movie. I thought all the actors doing t... read morehe voices did a great job.
  • November 29, 2013
    Stunning visuals, great action-adventure and great voice cast. I have no problems with the portrayal of the various characters, but I did however find that the facial designs for Pitch look strangely similar to the Na'vis (James Cameron's Avatar) On the other hand, the storyline ... read morewas below average. The movie assumes that the audience knows about each character's origins, when the majority don't. Who were these characters in their past lives? What made them who they are now? And seriously, did Jack Frost's memories only consist of the last moment of his life? The flashback did not do him justice at all. At the end of the day, I only learnt a few things: do good and believe in magical characters or else. Sure, most of the characters were cute or likeable but that was all. Even the plot holes are glaring - if Pitch is gone, the world would live without fear. The consequences of that can be severe. Finally, who is the mysterious man on the moon?
  • November 22, 2013
    Fresh, funny, yet amazing animated movie based on children's belief about their guardian.. Dreamworks has did it again for making a movie that not only came from a fresh idea but also make the audiences stunned with the effects they had in here.. North (Santa Claus), Bunny (Easte... read morer Bunny), Tooth (Tooth Fairy), and Sandman with the help of a new guardian Jack Frost must save the world from the danger of Pitch the Boogeyman.. Even the voices of those character came from famous actors such as Hugh Jackman, Alec Baldwin, Jude Law, Chris Pine, and Isla Fisher, a truly Dreamworks trademark.. But I must be honest that some scenes of this movie seems flat and got me a little bored at the middle of the movie even though the stunning animation they had in here.. But overall, I must say that Dreamworks did a quite great job with this movie and I'm really curious if they're gonna make a sequel of this movie or not..

Summary

Rise of the Guardians Summary