close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

Rise of the Guardians Reviews and Ratings

• July 21, 2014
    The super high concept idea never fully forms together coherently. There's several weird choices (Santa is Russian, abominable snowman mostly instead of elves, etc) that further muddy the storytelling, such as it is. The portrayal of the Boogeyman is the only solid character, giv... read moreen more weight by Jude Law.
  • May 29, 2014
    Super cute. Kind of a movie for an older kid because of the themes but my little 9 year old cousin liked it a lot. I like that they included the tooth fairy and Sandy. :)
  • fb539215545
    May 14, 2014
    fb539215545
    Rise of the Guardians delivers a giddy, kinetic excitement as its heroes whoosh and swoop through the air, or glide and skitter on ice. I say SEE IT!!!
  • May 3, 2014
    This movie is beautiful and very entertaining. Loved it!
  • April 27, 2014
    I own this on DVD and Blu-Ray.
  • April 21, 2014
    This isn't the greatest film ever, it has issues and much of the time it is a contradiction to what is good about this movie. Why is the globe always focused on Australia and Europe, moreover, the representation in Australia is all wrong and 98% of the population lives on the coa... read morest. But it looks great. Why is the last believer in middle America, and why aren't they wearing shoes? The cast is perfect but Chris Pine does not match the way he looks in the movie. He looks 16 at the most and Pine has a very low voice. But the movie looks great, and overall is written well. Is it perfect and always funny? No, but it is enjoyable and has some laughs. Its good, but not quite good enough to win me over completely. That said, I did tear up once or twice.

But WTF was that song at the end?
  • April 18, 2014
    Hopefully this will become a child's classic, because it has all the makings to be one. Fun for both adults and children, this film will remain as a steadfast children's film, simply based on the fact that the makers seriously cared that they were making a film for children. The ... read moreconcept is fanciful, death is handled sensibly and carefully, there's minimal violence, and the characters are all linked to traditions and mythology that still lives on in the minds of children everywhere. The action is also handled well, and the color scheme is breathtaking. The choices for the casting of this were also really interesting: Hugh Jackman as a boomerang throwing accented Easter bunny with serious attitude. Alec Baldwin as a Russian, tough guy Santa Claus. They work so well. The story even felt original, which is hard to do with characters that have been adapted and depicted in various media. This is just the best kind of children's film, sweet, simple, and lovable.
  • April 6, 2014
    the animation was awesome... but the story was a bit mehh to me.
  • January 29, 2014
    Great family movie. A lot of action and good life lessons.
  • January 9, 2014
    Filmaccio per bimbi mentecatti, non c'e' una singola cosa che si salva. Fa venire il mal di pancia.
  • January 6, 2014
    Fun and family friendly. Our girls love it!
  • December 25, 2013
    Rise of the Guardians is a bit like a holiday Avengers movie for kids - its plot is mediocre, but the characters have true depth, and the visuals are often funny and, a lot of the time, spellbinding.
  • December 16, 2013
    I love this movie it is so great and a most see to me.

Summary

Rise of the Guardians Summary