Rampart
Rampart (2012)

Los Angeles, 1999 - Officer Dave Brown (Harrelson) is a Vietnam vet and a Rampart Precinct cop, dedicated to doing "the people's dirty work" and asserting his own code of justice, often blurring the lines between right and… More

Directed By:
Rated: R
Running Time:
Release Date: May 15, 2012
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
74%
Flixster
User Score
35%

Critic Score: 74% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews
Tom Long
Detroit News

Where's it all go? Nowhere, really, just down a dirty, disappointing hole. Harrelson deserved better.

Full review…
Ann Hornaday
Washington Post

"Rampart" doesn't tell a coherent story as much as swirl the drain with Dave, as his increasingly desperate efforts to save himself simply result in a cascade of self-inflicted wounds.

Full review…
Jack Giroux
Film School Rejects

A powerful portrait of a seriously damaged, both internally and externally, man.

Full review…
Moira MacDonald
Seattle Times

It's a remarkably compelling film.

Full review…
Peter Howell
Toronto Star

This isn't your average out-of-control character, and Harrelson has to work against a narrowly defined screenplay that is short on specifics.

Full review…
Glenn Dunks
Onya Magazine

[A] cop drama in the vein of Bad Lieutenant, except in this case the bad cop that is front and centre truly thinks he's doing good.

Full review…
Bill Goodykoontz
Arizona Republic

Brown is a sick man, but Harrelson makes him so interesting, so charismatic, so ... watchable, that you can't look away, even if his actions make you want to (and they will).

Full review…
Tom Huddleston
Time Out

Sure to provoke furious reactions in those unwilling to succumb to its mood of reckless abandon. But for those who can, this feverish slice of LA noir is set to be one of the purest cinematic pleasures of 2012.

Full review…
Jeff Beck
We Got This Covered

Rampart doesn't end up having as much emotional punch to it as The Messenger did, mainly because it feels as though the idea was not thought out to completion.

Full review…
More reviews for Rampart

Flixster Audience Score: 35% Flixster User Reviews
Alex roy
Captivating drama, Rampart is a surprisingly gripping film about a corrupt cop played by Woody Harrelson in a well rounded performance. The film's story is… More
Anthony Lawrie
Woody Harrelson puts in a brilliant performance and is backed up by an impressive cast. It's filmed well and I enjoyed it but there is such a huge hole in… More
c0up á
'Rampart'. A fine lesson in self-destruction that meandered too often between some nice uncomfortable moments.
Melvin White
Dave Brown: I don't cheat on my taxes... you can't cheat on something you never committed to.á "The Most Corrupt Cop You've Ever Seen On… More
Bruce Bruce
Another Bad Cop Movie played by no better actor then Woody Harrelso, don't think he had to act to hard to fit this role. Nothing outstanding here, really a… More
Nate Zoebl
Stop me if you've heard this one before. A corrupt L.A. cop (Woody Harrelson) makes bad choices, alienated and frightens his family, and looks to be on the… More

More Like This