Push
Push (2009)

Lucky Number Slevin director Paul McGuigan takes the helm for this action thriller concerning a group of telekinetic American ex-patriots who band together in an attempt to take down the clandestine government agency that's genetically… More

Directed By:
Rated: PG-13
Running Time:
Release Date: July 7, 2009
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
23%
Flixster
User Score
42%

Critic Score: 23% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews

Consensus: The sci-fi thriller Push is visually flashy but hyperkinetic and convoluted.

Tom Huddlestone
Time Out

Silliness rules the day: plot holes abound and are plugged with techno-pounding action sequences and more nonsensical guff. As a TV pilot, this might have worked; as a film, it's loud, confusing and inane.

Full review…
Roger Ebert
Chicago Sun-Times

Push has vibrant cinematography and decent acting, but I'm blasted if I know what it's about.

Full review…
Perri Nemiroff
CinemaBlend.com

jThe script has no deep meaning and the film does just what it was intended to do: take an audience on a fantastical journey with loads of action.

Full review…
Hank Sartin
Time Out New York

Paul McGuigan's jittery editing and shaky cameras make the action confusing rather than thrilling, and nothing can save this movie from the screenplay's nearly incomprehensible twists.

Full review…
Mick LaSalle
San Francisco Chronicle

There are many problems with Push, and most are the usual boring things: unnecessary plot loops; long, dumb musical interludes; a charmless script; and ostentatious action sequences in which the only person excited is the cameraman.

Full review…
Brian Orndorf
BrianOrndorf.com

Push is an empty calorie extravaganza and demands a crooked concentration it doesn't earn to sufficiently piece this mess together.

Full review…
Christopher Orr
The New Republic

Belle... is blank as a page, and the intended romantic chemistry between her and Evans is never in evidence.

Full review…
Claudia Puig
USA Today

A silly movie that is partially engrossing and plenty convoluted.

Full review…
Sam Bathe
Fan The Fire

Set and filmed on location in bustling Hong Kong, the tight urban street and winding alleyways suit the film perfectly, but this is not enough to save Push from the Oscar season garbage dump.

Full review…
More reviews for Push

Flixster Audience Score: 42% Flixster User Reviews
John Manard
You know I really didnt hate this movie or really like it. I think my daughter liked it more when she came in and out of the room watching bits and pieces.… More
Apeneck Fletcher
Young people with magic powers avoid gloomy (dastardly?) secret government types in Hong Kong. Not bad, and the big Asian town provides a needed break from the… More
Directors Cat
[img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon13.gif[/img]
Jim Careter
Push would've been better if it had just been more interesting and fun. The story was boring and all it was is the director trying to make a big film… More
Sanjaya 丘耀文
Nothing special, the directing style kinda make the story a little confusing to be consumed..
JY Skacto
Thanks to its marketing, <i>Push</i> is somewhat of a mislead; however Paul McGuigan offers up enough to make it a watchable motion… More

More Like This