close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

Mirror Mirror Reviews and Ratings

• July 2, 2014
    Mirror Mirror is a more gentle and child friendly take on the story of Snow White. It was easy to sit through it but it was really only one of those watch-it-to-kill-time type of movies which I guess is kind of a shame. It's a movie to watch when you have nothing else to do, but ... read moreby the end of it there won't really be much to say about it.
  • June 7, 2014
    A FUN NEW LOOK AT THE SNOW WHITE STORY . THE CAST IS ENJOYABLE AND THE STORY EVER PICKS UP AND REALLY MOVES LIKE WE HOPE WHEN WATCHING BUT THE CAST MAKES IT WATCHABLE.
  • fb100000284876382
    May 5, 2014
    fb100000284876382
    It was not what I was expecting to watch.I mean I know this wasn't supposed to be the same as the original but anyway I was hoping for better.The comedy was really annoying sometimes.
  • April 7, 2014
    Fantastic film. Juila roberts did a great job. Really put a modern spin on a great tale. Fantastic funny bits in it, really kept me gripped, really enjoyable film, that can be enjoyed by all ages.
  • March 7, 2014
    Dumb but funny at some parts.
  • February 14, 2014
    It's better than Snow Better than Snow White and the Huntsman at least, though that's not saying very much at all in itself. Lily Collins is very easy on the eyes and makes a much better Snow White than Kristen Stewart (although a cardboard cutout of Lily Collins can do a better ... read morejob of acting than Kristen Stewart). The movie at times looks very low budget in scope, and plays a lot like two episodes of Once Upon a Time thrown together. It's borderline entertainging, though, and has a few nice little moments thrown in between the tired genre tropes. I also might be being a little too lenient to the movie after the awful aforementioned Snow White and the Huntsman.
  • February 2, 2014
    This doesn't really add anything new; in particular, it's not a version where the Queen is in the right. However, there are some funny bits, so it's a bit like watching a panto (without any songs or audience participation).

Mind you, I've heard some people criticise "Sleeping Be... read moreauty" on the basis that it's a bit iffy for the prince to kiss her while she's unconscious (i.e. without her consent). This film goes a step further, by having Snow White kiss the prince while he's physically restrained (tied to a chair) and begging her to stop. There are sort of extenuating circumstances, but it's still a bit too "rapey" for my tastes.

I think the costume designers were trying to make effective use of colour, e.g. a ballroom scene where most people are wearing white/grey and only the Queen and the Prince are wearing different colours, so they really stand out. It works, but I think they could have been a bit more subtle about it. By contrast, look at "A Cinderella Story", where Sam (Cinderella) is the only person who wears blue clothing, and I didn't notice until it was pointed out.
  • February 1, 2014
    What it has is visuals and occasional sense of humour on itself it makes up for with a lack of coherence, absence of interest and need for this type of re-interpretation.
  • January 26, 2014
    wow ummmn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch.....its got a good cast of actors/actressess thorughout this movie......i think that julia roberts, lily collins, armie hammer, nathan lane, jordan prentice, sean bean, play good roles/parts t... read morehorughout this movie......i think that the director of this drama/adventure/sci-fi/fantasy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.......its got good special effects throughout this movie.......YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THORUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENS AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE....i think that the dwarves were really good throughout this movie.....i think that julia roberts was brilliant throughout this movie as the bag guy throughout this movie......i think that sean bean was good thorughout this movie as the king throughout this movie......its got good special effects throughout this movie......i think that the fight scenes were good throughout this movie.......i think that nathan lane was brilliant throughout this movie......i think that the sword fights throughout this movie were really good thorughout this movie..........i think that this is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie.....i think that the fight scenes were really good throughout this movie.....its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......i think that nathan lane was so brilliant throughout this movie.....i think that the special effects thorughout this movie were really good......i think that this is a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie.....i think that this is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie......
  • December 22, 2013
    Entertaining, colorful. Nothing great.
  • fb570532819
    November 17, 2013
    fb570532819
    Released in the same year as Snow White and The Huntsman, which is better, the latter, but not by much. This does start off promising enough, with a tongue in cheek monologue from Julia Roberts Evil Queen but it drops in quality from there. The lowest point being a (puppy) love s... read moretruck Armie Hammer, actually acting like a dog, very cringe worthy to watch. Obviously this is aimed for kids, but the point of kids films is that there should be something for adults to enjoy and it fails. Unfunny, Unimaginative, very dull and a pathetic attempt to bring the classic fairytale to modern audiences, well unless you're under 5 years old then its a masterpiece. Pass!
  • October 22, 2013
    Had a nice giggle throughout the movie. Totally enjoyed it.
  • October 20, 2013
    ENTRENIDA HISTORIA DE BLANCA NIEVES....JULIA HACE UNA MALVADA MAGNIFICA
  • August 16, 2013
    Film carino ma adatto ad un pubblico pił piccolo. Si lascia guardare a differenza delle sopracciglia di Biancaneve...
  • August 13, 2013
    So much better than that shit with Kristin Stewart!!
  • August 9, 2013
    Pretty funny. Poor acting by everyone except Julia Roberts, but many more laughable lines than I expected, and a rather interesting twist on the original.

Summary

Mirror Mirror Summary