Mirror Mirror
Mirror Mirror (2012)

One of the most beloved stories of all time is coming to life in the motion picture event for the whole family, Mirror Mirror. A fresh and funny retelling of the Snow White legend, Mirror Mirror features breakout star Lily Collins as Snow… More

Directed By:
Rated: PG
Running Time:
Release Date: June 26, 2012
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
49%
Flixster
User Score
45%

Critic Score: 49% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews

Consensus: Like most of Tarsem Singh's films, Mirror Mirror is undeniably beautiful -- but its treatment of the age-old Snow White fable lacks enough depth or originality to set it apart from the countless other adaptations of the tale.

Cath Clarke
Time Out

'Mirror Mirror' is as gaudily spectacular as you expect if you've seen director Tarsem Singh's films, 'The Fall' and 'Immortals'.

Full review…
Nick Pinkerton
Village Voice

Here, the familiar tale is retold with concessions to feminist self-determination and camp humor, bending the Grimm Brothers' tale without infringing on its basic beauty.

Full review…
Al Alexander
The Patriot Ledger

You can only disappoint your fans so often before they turn and run in droves. Just ask Roberts' close friend, Mel Gibson.

Full review…
Richard Roeper
Richard Roeper.com

'Mirror, Mirror' is a trippy version of the Snow White story.

Full review…
J. R. Jones
Chicago Reader

Singh is much more skilled as a visual artist than a storyteller, and his artistic fortunes seem to rise and fall with the inspiration of his screenwriters. In this case he's lucked out.

Full review…
Ben Kendrick
ScreenRant

Mirror Mirror features over-indulgent story moments and, at times, hammy performances but still delivers a mostly fun riff on the Snow White story.

Full review…
Lisa Schwarzbaum
Entertainment Weekly

Mirror Mirror is a film that's all picture and no propulsion, each scene static in a basic set-decoration color scheme of teabag and banana.

Full review…
Peter Travers
Rolling Stone

Who wants to see a fairy tale that weighs a ton? Mirror Mirror reflects badly on everyone involved.

Full review…
Jeff Beck
Examiner.com

While it may not be as memorable as his other good projects, Singh has delivered a film that should delight audiences of all ages because of the timelessness of the story and the spin the writers have put on it.

Full review…
More reviews for Mirror Mirror

Flixster Audience Score: 45% Flixster User Reviews
Christian C
A charming, creative (and uneven) re-imagining of the Snow White tale. Entertaining performances by Armie Hammer and Nathan Lane. Julia Roberts was a… More
♥˩ƳИИ ƜѲѲƉƧ♥
"Oh my.. This movie was... stupid, silly, annyoing, and a little funny. I can't help myself, I enjoyed this a little bit. I know this is going to… More
Carlos Magalhães
Julia Roberts seems to be having a lot of fun in this amusing satire that plays with fairy tale clichés. Full of witty dialogue and with a solid script, this… More
danny d
the film is excellent on the visuals, and the first half feels like a light fare mel brooks comedy. it was witty and full of fantasy. the last half of the… More
Jim Hunter
Snow White's story gets a pseudo-feminist re-boot, but much of the story remains intact. I was ready to give this film three stars, a stretch for me… More
Cynthia S.
Funny, cute, entertaining. Definitely much more fun that I expected it to be..