close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

Lottery Ticket

Lottery Ticket

44% Liked It
liked it

Lottery Ticket

Bow Wow, Brandon T. Jackson, Naturi Naughton, Loretta Devine, Ice Cube

A kid from the projects scores the jackpot in the lottery and fights to protect his ticket over the course of a treacherous holiday weekend in this all-star comedy featuring Ice Cube, Charlie Murphy, ... read more read more...Terry Crews, and Loretta Devine. With the Fourth of July fast approaching, Kevin Carson (Bow Wow) purchases a pair of lottery tickets and settles down in front of the television to catch the winning numbers. When Kevin realizes he's just won 370 million dollars, he knows his neighbors will all come knocking the moment word of his massive windfall gets out. And he's right, too; before long, the local thugs are looking to take the ticket by force, and the sexiest girls in the neighborhood are begging to bear his children. Unfortunately for Kevin and his grandma, the lottery-claims office doesn't open until Monday, and over the next 72 hours there are more than a million ways the winning ticket could fall into the wrong hands. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

Id: 11117965

Do you want to see this movie?

My Friends Said...

Recent Reviews

• fb100000145236770
    February 24, 2011
    fb100000145236770
    Very predictable, and pretty generic. But the movie has a few very funny one-liners, and a pretty good performance by Bow Wow. Not the best out there, but I've seen comedies that are a lot worse than this for sure.
  • December 25, 2010
    A very unfunny and boring movie. It was an interesting concept but a bad execution. I only laughed 3 times the whole movie. D
  • November 6, 2010
    Moral: "Money Doesn't Change You, It Changes the People Around You!"
    It was entertaining and fun, not alot of comedy involved but it was a good movie.

Kevin Carson is a young man living in the projects who has to survive a three-day weekend after his opportunistic neighbors fin... read mored out he's holding a winning lottery ticket worth $350 million.
  • fb733768972
    November 4, 2010
    fb733768972
    Lottery Ticket has wit, heart, a cool story, and a lot of emotion. This film is about a regular kid from the poor town in the projects who wins the lottery and just wants to make his town a better place, but when greed and girls come into his life he gets sidetracked. His ticket... read more is stolen and he has to get it back before he loses it to the biggest jackass in the town. It seems like a basic story, and that is okay, because they do the absolute best they can with what they have to work with here. The Lottery Ticket is a fun entertaining movie that is surprisingly worth seeing!
  • August 22, 2010
    blech! i hope the cast got paid up front.
  • November 30, 2012
    Lottery Ticket tries to be funny, but ends up failing.
  • August 24, 2010
    Never have I seen a lottery ticket bring so much joy, hunger, mistrust, and greed to a single story. This is something for you to see if anyone wins the Lottery...LOL! In this movie ther were some good laughs...and a scene where a man actually squeeeeealssss...yup see this...it i... read mores a good one!
  • July 7, 2011
    "Money don't change you...it changes the people around you."

Lottery Ticket stars Bow Wow as Kevin Carson, an eighteen-year-old high school graduate who lives in the hood and works at Foot Locker, but dreams of becoming a shoe designer. Things become complicated when he wins a... read more lottery jackpot of $370 million.

In spite of trying to keep his good fortune a secret, soon the neighborhood flocks to his home seeking a piece of the pie. People who had previously ignored him now shower him with attention. But for Kevin the real trick will be making it through the Fourth of July holiday weekend when he can go to the Lottery office and turn in his ticket that could potentially change his and his grandma's life forever. All he has to do now is avoid a thug out for his blood, figure out who his real friends are, and make nice with the local kingpin.
  • fb1025970122
    August 23, 2010
    fb1025970122
    Honestly, this was better then I expected it to be. It looked like a run of the mill comedy with a great African American ensemble cast. I don't point that out because I am white, but because it is one of the strengths of the film. Not just the cast, but the environment in which ... read morethis is set. If it were not for the environment, this movie would not exist. Taking place in what is 'the hood' somewhere in the southern region it seems is the story of a young man who gets lucky, wins big and learns a whole bunch of lessons in the three days before he can actually claim the cash that help him make the right decisions when he actually does get the money. Bow Wow is good here, considering i haven't seen him much since 'Roll Bounce', which I enjoyed thoroughly, he has grown as an actor and as a presence. Here, he is easily likeable and gives us a character that we can easily root for, someone we wouldn't mind seeing win the lottery. if it can't be me, I'm glad its him. His best friend, as in 'Roll Bounce', is again played by Brandon T. Jackson who is one of the most promising young actors in Hollywood today. Not only is he hilarious in nearly every scene, but when his role calls for its dramatic moments, he truly makes you feel them. The rest of the cast is filled out in what are almost cameos-Loretta Devine is hilarious as Bow Wows grandmother, Mike Epps is a scene stealer as the local preacher and Terry Crews, Charlie Murphy and Ice Cube all are in fine form here. On a side note it was nice to see Jason Weaver getting some work. As for the story, it is predictable but fun and even though we know the lesson our main character will learn and overcome the film has a great pace and flow to it. It never lingers too long or flies by at a speed we aren't able to absorb whats going on. It is honestly the best thing the film has going for it, props to the editor. Though I still don't see the reason for Keith Davids character except to support the montage of Bow Wow and his friends actually spending some money, I guess that was necessary, but hoped they could have pulled this off in a less cliche manner. As said earlier though, this rose above my moderate expectations and while it never becomes something more than an average comedy, it is easily seen as a movie that anyone could enjoy. Everyone's a winner with this one...except for this review which just received the cheesiest final sentence ever.
  • October 29, 2010
    Purchased a "Lottery Ticket", definately didn't hit the jackpot.

Opening This Week

Top Box Office

Upcoming Movies

New on DVD