Killer Elite
Killer Elite (2011)

A match-up made in tough-guy heaven -- Jason Statham, Clive Owen and Robert De Niro star in Killer Elite. Based on a shocking true story, Killer Elite pits two of the world's most elite operatives - Danny, an ex-special ops agent (Jason… More

Directed By:
Rated: R
Running Time:
Release Date: January 10, 2012
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
25%
Flixster
User Score
43%

Critic Score: 25% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews

Consensus: A rote, utterly disposable Jason Statham vehicle that just happens to have Clive Owen and Robert De Niro in it.

Andrew O'Hehir
Salon.com

I had a reasonably good time, on the whole...

Full review…
Tom Long
Detroit News

Statham is just good enough to make one wish he'd challenge himself.

Full review…
Will Leitch
Deadspin

It doesn't ask much of the audience, and nor should it: This is a series of pictures of men planning, running, punching, shooting, kicking and scowling at each other.

Full review…
Richard Roeper
Richard Roeper.com

Jason Statham cements status as top-level action star.

Full review…
Ian Buckwalter
NPR

Jason Statham is enjoyable enough to watch that he can occasionally make one forget just how silly and dull a movie like Killer Elite really is.

Full review…
Ben Kendrick
ScreenRant

A cartoony and messy narrative that is mostly style over substance.

Full review…
Peter Rainer
Christian Science Monitor

De Niro, in what amounts to an extended cameo, is radically miscast. That's still no excuse for his nonperformance, which is beyond lackluster.

Full review…
Stephen Whitty
Newark Star-Ledger

The movie's not stupid. And that makes it more than bearable and often a little fun.

Full review…
Jeff Beck
Examiner.com

"Killer Elite" came close to earning a recommendation, but because of the problems with the script and a bit of a drawn-out storyline, it didn't quite get there.

Full review…
More reviews for Killer Elite

Flixster Audience Score: 43% Flixster User Reviews
Daniel Perry
Some exciting bits and a superficially intriguing plot, complemented by passable acting from Statham and Owen (not to mention De Niro, on his way into the… More
Al S
An excellent and explosive action film that puts story, substance and characters before the spectacle. A strong, edgy, solid and powerful movie. It packs some… More
xGary Xx
A retired black ops killer for hire is pulled back into the business when his friend is held hostage by an oil sheikh seeking retribution against the SAS for… More
Mark Walker
Jason Statham is normally a 'type-cast' kind of actor that I normally steer clear of. It's not that I dislike him personally but his films tend… More
Carlos Magalh„es
With a a messy script full of expository dialogue, confusing motivations and plot holes, this uninteresting and generic movie is also only able to move forward… More
Cynthia S.
Not sure what all the bad press was about...this was rather good. Probably, the most I have enjoyed Robert De Niro as of late. This was apparently a true story… More

More Like This