Halloween
Halloween (2007)

"Halloween" is an entirely new take on the highly successful film and terrifying legacy that began in 1978. While revealing a new chapter in the established Michael Myers saga, the film will surprise both classic and modern horror… More

Directed By:
Rated: R
Running Time:
Genre: Horror
Release Date: December 18, 2007
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
25%
Flixster
User Score
59%

Critic Score: 25% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews

Consensus: Rob Zombie doesn't bring many new ideas to the table in Halloween, making it another bloody disappointment for fans of the franchise.

Frank Scheck
Hollywood Reporter

The result, though undeniably preferable to yet another misbegotten installment of the long-exhausted franchise, certainly doesn't compare to John Carpenter's landmark original film.

Joshua Rothkopf
Time Out New York

As if spooked by the long shadow of suburban killer Michael Myers, the director has all but dropped his organic camera style, resulting in exactly the kind of bland, scareless remake the fans were fearing.

Full review…
Ali Gray
TheShiznit.co.uk

Anyone can trace a Picasso.

Full review…
Ben Walters
Time Out

It's inanely-scripted exploitation, sure, but this 'Halloween' doesn't trivialise; it even returns with sympathy to one victim minutes after the attack that has left her bleeding on the floor.

Full review…
Owen Gleiberman
Entertainment Weekly

It's a decent diversion.

Full review…
Charles Cassady
Common Sense Media

Teen slasher flick remake is brutal and bloody.

Full review…
Kyle Smith
New York Post

The Batman Begins of slasher movies, and one of the more frightening stabathons of recent years.

Full review…
Richard Harrington
Washington Post

Contains dialogue so nasty and stupid, you'd swear (right along with the characters) that the booker for Jerry Springer wrote it (Zombie did).

Full review…
Brett Michel
Boston Phoenix

When it comes to Rob Zombie's remake of John Carpenter's Halloween, they don't get any more unnecessary.

Full review…
More reviews for Halloween

Flixster Audience Score: 59% Flixster User Reviews
Jason Calvin
The original "Halloween" is one of my favorite movies of all time. It was the first horror movie that I witnessed, and the impact that was provided,… More
Chris Weber
First off, I AM giving this a slight recommendation. My stance on the original has been properly established (just read the review in my favorites section). I… More
Tyler Robertson
A very pathetic remake. ( A lot of remakes are.) Rob zombie decided that he wanted to direct a totally unneccesary movie. The original is the greatest horror… More
Apeneck Fletcher
Rob Zombie re-ups Carpenter's original for a new generation, underlining the monster's hard luck upbringing while deleting the story's… More
Paulo Gabuat
Too much blood made this iconic horror flick to be plainly unrealistic. There's no depth and development, but despite all that, it's still a good… More
BG Movie Reviews 2011
For those who say it's just too close to the original or it is not updated enough, I have not seen the original Halloween yet, so I am seeing this as a… More

More Like This