Gone

Gone

43% Liked It
liked it

Gone

Amanda Seyfried, Daniel Sunjata, Jennifer Carpenter, Sebastian Stan, Wes Bentley

In the new suspense thriller Gone, Jill Parrish (Amanda Seyfried) comes home from a night shift to discover her sister Molly has been abducted. Jill, who had escaped from a kidnapper a year before, is... read more read more... convinced that the same serial killer has come back for her sister. Afraid that Molly will be dead by sundown, Jill embarks on a heart-pounding chase to find the killer, expose his secrets and save her sister. -- (C) Summit

Id: 11159233

Do you want to see this movie?

My Friends Said...

Register or sign-in to see your friends' reviews !

Recent Reviews

• July 5, 2013
    Not bad..not great. Liked the ending scene. Decent movie, based on today's standards (since I think most thrillers nowadays pretty much suck). Amanda is a good actress, so that definitely made it worth the watch...
  • January 21, 2013
  • August 25, 2012
    Really surprised by the general panning this film has taken. Whilst not perfect the story whizzes along and breakneck pace and is never boring. This movie won't change your life, but for sheer bloody minded entertainment, it hits all the right spots.
  • July 27, 2012
    Heitor Dhalia's Gone is a suspense thriller with a few things to show for it.

A 90 minute story and a pace that struts along with some brisk behavior is how this picture reaches its closure. It's too bad that the final act does end up as the weak link because the initia

... read morel setup is done quite nicely. Everything in between is enough to move from point A to point B.

Given the plot, classifying this as a suspense thriller makes sense; however, on the flip side the thrills and suspense are lacking. Fortunately, there is heavy reliance and focus on the protagonist, whom is amusing to watch, to somewhat make up for the lack of excitement.

The supporting characters, including the villain, are all stark and forgettable. This is due to the fact that Amanda Seyfried steals the spotlight from anyone and everyone. Heck, she steals scenes that haven't even happened yet. This ends up working for and against this picture.

A 5 star masterpiece of a film this is not; however, Amanda Seyfried plays a big part in keeping Gone afloat.

• July 18, 2012
    Its pretty terrible, it has a lot that could work but just doesnt, a very undeveloped thriller with very undeveloped characters.
  • July 8, 2012
    Liked it. Nothing amazing and a bit silly at times, but Amanda Seyfried is good and there's just enough doubt about her sanity through this to keep it interesting.
  • fb100000145236770
    July 7, 2012
    fb100000145236770
    I'm very weird in that I will watch movies that I have no desire to see, or think look completely bad. I just enjoy movies so much I will give just about anything a chance. The first time I saw a trailer for this I thought "man, that looks downright horrible." But, when you ge... read moret free copies of the latest DVD's, you'll give anything a chance. So I popped this in, and I must say, it was better than what I expected, but not nearly as good as what it could have been. Amanda Seyfried stars as Jill, a girl has escaped a kidnapper, and continues to live life trying to overcome the mental anguish. She comes home one night to find her sister Molly gone, and immediately thinks the man who kidnapped her, took Molly. She sets off to find the kidnapper before it's too late. But, is the kidnapper real or is it all in her messed up head? I've seen quite a few movies like this, and this is a decent entry into the genre of "crazy/not crazy" thrillers. Seyfried is ok, but the rest of the cast is just "meh" and bring it down a bit. I'll give an example, Wes Bentley plays some strange cop who is very out of place with the entire movie. Also, I must say the ending is very anti-climatic. I really feel like if this were made by someone like Christopher Nolan, this could have been an amazing mind bending movie. Instead, it feels like something that will end up on basic cable in a year or so. Good for a watch, and pretty forgettable, but you could definitely do worse.
  • May 31, 2012
    Dhalia's first Hollywood film is an efficient thriller built on a constant tension and on the uncertainty surrounding a kidnapping that may only be a product of the protagonist's fear and paranoia. A solid movie, though almost mined by an implausible end.
  • May 20, 2012
    No one believes her. Nothing will stop her.

Good movie! 'Gone' kept my attention and kept me interested for the majority of its length. Fast pacing, serviceable dialog, and pleasant visuals were part of the reason. The entire film follows the protagonist, rather than focusing e... read morequal part on serial killer, but it does not detract from the depth film at all, and actually helps the pacing. Very good acting from Amanda Seyfried! Pretty good thriller, I would recommend it.

n the chilling suspense thriller 'Gone,' Jill Parrish (Amanda Seyfried) comes home from a night shift to discover her sister Molly has been abducted. Jill, having escaped from a kidnapping a year before, is convinced that the same serial killer has come back and taken Molly. Since the killer leaves no trace, the police don't have any evidence and can't help her. Afraid that Molly will be dead by sunrise, Jill sets out alone on a nail-biting chase to come face-to-face with the killer. Will she have enough time to find and outwit him, expose his secrets and save her sister?
  • September 10, 2012
    Gone is a mediocre thriller that has an interesting story, but ultimately comes up short. The film follows Jill Parrish, an escaped kidnapping victim that comes to believe that her sister has been abducted by the same kidnapper when she goes missing. Amanda Seyfried leads the c... read moreast and gives a good performance that adds a lot to the film. However, as interesting as the story is, it's written rather poorly and isn't able to build much suspense. Yet, Gone is able to manage enough intrigue and mystery to keep the film interesting.

Opening This Week

Top Box Office

Upcoming Movies

New on DVD