Final Destination 5
Final Destination 5 (2011)

In Final Destination 5, Death is just as omnipresent as ever, and is unleashed after one man's premonition saves a group of coworkers from a terrifying suspension bridge collapse. But this group of unsuspecting souls was never supposed… More

Directed By:
Rated: R
Running Time:
Genre: Horror
Release Date: December 27, 2011
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
61%
Flixster
User Score
52%

Critic Score: 61% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews

Consensus: It's still only for the gore-thirsty faithful, but Final Destination 5 represents a surprising return to form for the franchise.

Tom Russo
Boston Globe

Stabs at the dramatic don't amount to anything that makes us care, even for Bell, who has been solid on AMC's The Walking Dead and in the chairlift chiller Frozen.

Full review…
Eric D. Snider
Film.com

The death sequences are fun; unfortunately, nearly everything in between is tedious and mechanical.

Full review…
Steve Newton
Georgia Straight

Though not a great horror film by any means, Final Destination 5 succeeds as a comedic splatter fest solely by sticking to Stephen King's old motto: 'If in doubt, gross 'em out.'

Full review…
Nigel Floyd
Time Out

It sticks to gimmicky scenes in which twentysomethings are dispatched in ingenious ways, but first-time director Steven Quayle delivers cheap fun that will keep fans happy.

Full review…
Liam Lacey
Globe and Mail

Director Steven Quale stages the death scenes with intermittently effective black humour to juice up a premise that, essentially, has all the suspense of watching the line at an abattoir.

Full review…
Ben Kendrick
ScreenRant

Final Destination 5 benefits from smart 3D, but even in 2D, the set-pieces will satisfy -- presenting some of the most outrageous kill sequences in franchise history.

Full review…
Bruce Diones
New Yorker

A surprising infusion of energy and macabre humor reanimates this horror franchise.

Full review…
Lisa Schwarzbaum
Entertainment Weekly

Under the direction of James Cameron protegé Steven Quayle, the visual effects from Ariel Velasco Shaw (who has crafted mayhem on everything from 300 to Freddy vs. Jason) ensure that no industrial hook through a skull is left unimagined.

Full review…
Ali Gray
TheShiznit.co.uk

It's testament to the 2000 original that there's still so much mileage left in the 'death is coming for you' concept 11 years later.

Full review…
More reviews for Final Destination 5

Flixster Audience Score: 52% Flixster User Reviews
Nicki Marie
Funnily enough, I didn't hate this. I am still not sure why...
Dean !
A decent entry into the series, a step up from the 4th. I didn't get to see it in 3d but imagine it was pretty good. Very big opening scene, and plenty of… More
Lanning : )
I am constantly amazed when I see folks knocking this series. Unlike me, they must have no sense of humor. For me, this series represents some of the greatest… More
Sophie Burgess
Supposedly finished with the last movie, this is a decent whack at the original format. Although pretty much all the deaths were foretold in the trailer, there… More
Jason Owens
Always been a fool for this series, and this fifth installment is no exception.
Lewis C.
It's not often that the fifth entry in a series is one of the best efforts, but Final Destination 5 pulls it off. It's still mostly the same scenario… More