Contraband
Contraband (2012)

Chris Farraday (Mark Wahlberg) long ago abandoned his life of crime, but after his brother-in-law, Andy (Caleb Landry Jones), botches a drug deal for his ruthless boss, Tim Briggs (Giovanni Ribisi), Chris is forced back into doing what he… More

Rated: R
Running Time:
Release Date: April 24, 2012
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
51%
Flixster
User Score
57%

Critic Score: 51% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews

Consensus: It's more entertaining than your average January action thriller, but that isn't enough to excuse Contraband's lack of originality and unnecessarily convoluted plot.

Tom Huddleston
Time Out

The result is unlikely to linger long in the memory, but it's enormous fun while it lasts...

Full review…
Peter Travers
Rolling Stone

Wahlberg could sleepwalk through this role, and does. See this movie and you'll surely follow his lead.

Full review…
Kenneth R. Morefield
Christianity Today

We are left to ponder why Andy is any less culpable or any more worth saving than anyone else.

Full review…
David Denby
New Yorker

A winter-season product, but perfectly absorbing once it gets going.

Full review…
Tom Long
Detroit News

"Contraband" comes off the factory floor with its engine running and ready to drive. But the ride feels overly familiar.

Full review…
Jeff Beck
Examiner.com

It may not exactly be an original story, but when a little effort is put into a film like this, it can be done pretty well.

Full review…
Glenn Kenny
MSN Movies

It's a good, chugging caper movie for the most part.

Full review…
Stephen Whitty
Newark Star-Ledger

Frankly, Wahlberg has outgrown movies like this. And so have we.

Full review…
Benjo Colautti
We Got This Covered

Contraband is a decent action film but none of the cast can do anything to elevate the material beyond what it is: a January movie from top to bottom.

Full review…
More reviews for Contraband

Flixster Audience Score: 57% Flixster User Reviews
Christian C
A good action film with lots of twists, although none are especially striking. Wahlberg continues to disappoint by playing a tough guy role when he… More
JY Skacto
There is nothing new about Baltasar Kormakur's <i>Contraband</i>, but it has enough to moderately satisfy.<p>Spanning a good 105 minutes,… More
Dean !
A good mix of action, heist and thriller with a good cast line-up make this a better than average film. It didn't have anything particularly new or… More
Dead Angel
Kate Beckinsale's character was quite different over here. Took me a while to accept it since I've seen her different in Underworld. This movie was… More
Bruce Bruce
Another great film with Mark Wahlberg in, Movie is full of action, drama and excitment. Worth watching anytime. 4 1/2 stars
♥˩ƳИИ ƜѲѲƉƧ♥
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Kate Beckinsale, Ben Foster, Giovanni Ribisi, Caleb Landry Jones, Diego Luna, J.K. Simmons, Lukas Haas, Connor Hill, Bryce McDaniel… More