Carnage
Carnage (2011)

Carnage is a razor sharp, biting comedy centered on parental differences. After two boys duke it out on a playground, the parents of the "victim" invite the parents of the "bully" over to work out their issues. A polite… More

Rated: R
Running Time:
Genre: Drama, Comedy
Release Date: March 20, 2012
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
71%
Flixster
User Score
66%

Critic Score: 71% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews

Consensus: It isn't as compelling on the screen as it was on the stage, but Carnage makes up for its flaws with Polanski's smooth direction and assured performances from Winslet and Foster.

Dave Calhoun
Time Out

Brief, brutal and barmy.

Full review…
Ann Hornaday
Washington Post

What are supposed to be transgressive observations about the holy state of parenthood and matrimony instead come across as self-satisfied and shallow as the pieties Reza intends to puncture.

Full review…
Clayton Davis
AwardsCircuit.com

While the film, at a staggering and quick 80 minute runtime, plays exceedingly well off the energy of the performers, the downfall ultimately lies in a "loss of steam" vigor that is evident by picture's end.

Full review…
Ian Buckwalter
The Atlantic

Where previously we felt as trapped in Polanski's apartments as his characters, in Carnage we only ever peek in through the window.

Full review…
Joe Williams
St. Louis Post-Dispatch

If we grant that "Carnage" is a low-impact exercise in stripping away the social veneer, it's nonetheless brisk and enjoyable.

Full review…
David Keyes
Cinemaphile.org

Few recent movies have been this perceptive about such immediate human conflicts, much less this funny.

Full review…
Tom Long
Detroit News

The actors seem to have fun, particularly Foster, working against type as the thoroughly unlikable Penelope. But "Carnage" isn't nearly as bloody as it thinks it is.

Full review…
Amy Biancolli
San Francisco Chronicle

In real life, hyper-controlling metropolitan parents would not waste this much time on people they loathe.

Full review…
Justin Craig
FoxNews.com

Running a mere 80 minutes, "Carnage" still feels longer than it should.

Full review…
More reviews for Carnage

Flixster Audience Score: 66% Flixster User Reviews
Film Crazy
I really wanted to watch this movie and now that i've seen it i am not disappointed! Its going to be a Marmite kind of film, your either going to Hate it… More
Cynthia S.
I guess I am not a Roman Polanski fan...I'm still looking for the dark humor, or any humor, for that matter...
Anthony Lawrie
Carnage isn't half as witty or clever as it thinks it is. It's melodramatic, white 50 something (starring 40 somethings) middle-class rubbish.… More
Chris Weber
This is based on a play, and that's essentially how it comes off, only filmed. The plot here focuses on the aftermath of a fight between two kids on a… More
Nicki Marie
Too unsubstantial to be a great movie. Pretty much two couples in one room arguing about a physical fight their sons got into. I believe it is adapted from a… More
Lucas Martins
With very good actings by Foster and Winslet, Polanski's picture it's a exhausting and darkly funny film.

More Like This