Captain America
Captain America (1990)

After a scientist creates superhuman warrior Red Skull for the Nazis during WWII, she defects and does the same for the U.S.-- injecting a polio victim to transform him into the titular heroic beefcake. Forty years after a confrontation… More

Directed By:
Rated: PG-13
Running Time:
Release Date: July 22, 1992
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
9%
Flixster
User Score
16%

Available Online

Buy & Rent

Buy SD $9.99 -
- -

Critic Score: 9% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews
Frank Lovece
Entertainment Weekly

The movie isn't merely wrong for kids -- it's just all wrong.

Full review…
Felix Vasquez Jr.
Cinema Crazed

Near as awful as previous versions, but it still manages to be lousy.

Full review…
Rob Gonsalves
eFilmCritic.com

One of the dumbest movies of all time.

Full review…
Lawrence Cohn
Variety

Salinger has some good moments dealing with the cultural shock of his Rip Van Winkle reawakening, but film never takes flight under Albert Pyun's leaden direction.

Full review…
Sean Axmaker
MSN.com

... a real stiff, a corny piece of nostalgic pulp with cheap action, cheesy dialogue and a charismatically challenged leading man.

Full review…
Scott Weinberg
eFilmCritic.com

This is what superhero flicks looked like before someone got a clue.

Kevin Carr
7M Pictures

For as charming as a piece of 90s nostalgia this movie is, as a whole it's not that good.

Full review…
TV Guide's Movie Guide

Historically, Captain America has always been at something of a loss without a war to fight, and the tale's abrupt switch from anti-fascist heroics to ecological concern takes some force out of the character.

Full review…
More reviews for Captain America

Flixster Audience Score: 16% Flixster User Reviews
Alex roy
In terms of low budget cult films, this film is entertaining, but obviously leaves a lot to be desired. This film is not as awful as what everyone has said, and… More
Jason Spencer
A little cheap but it was a good adventure anyway.
Tim Salmons
I haven't seen this since I was about 10, so I can't give it a fair review. I remember my dad and I being very fond of it, and I remember that it was… More
Lafe Fredbjornson
A cheap-as-heck Captain America movie done muchly at a Yugoslavian castle. The movie has a very European feel to it, which makes it very un-American. There are… More
Luke Baldock
Back in Marvel's early 90's days. This God awful, pathetic, cheap, and cheesy film plagued the world. It's horrible. Not just the cheap costumes… More
Mark Evans
Ok but when's the big budget version coming?..how about an Avengers movie?

More Like This