Bedtime Stories
Bedtime Stories (2008)

The life of Skeeter Bronson, a hotel handyman, is changed forever when the bedtime stories he tells his niece and nephew start to mysteriously come true. He attempts to take advantage of the phenomenon, incorporating his own aspirations… More

Directed By:
Rated: PG
Running Time:
Release Date: April 5, 2009
Add Your Rating
Rotten Tomatoes™
Critic Score
25%
Flixster
User Score
56%

Critic Score: 25% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews

Consensus: Though it may earns some chuckles from pre-teens, this kid-friendly Adam Sandler comedy is uneven, poorly paced, and lacks the requisite whimsy to truly work.

Tom Huddlestone
Time Out

It descends into pathos, undermined by an insipid romantic subplot and the usual platitudinous guff about self-belief.

Full review…
Dan Kois
Washington Post

An innocuous but haphazard family comedy that seems less crafted for children than dreamed up by a team of them.

Full review…
Neil Pond
American Profile

There's nothing fresh in Sandler's role that you haven't seen in almost every movie he's ever done -- the same mumbly, underachiever-schlub notes he's been hitting for years, only taken down a notch for his first PG-rated comedy.

Full review…
Tim Grierson
L.A. Weekly

The twitchy anxiety that once powered his persona has given way to a doughy anonymity.

Full review…
James Berardinelli
ReelViews

For a creative premise, it's downright dispiriting to see such a banal interpretation.

Full review…
Mike Scott
Times-Picayune

A family-friendly Adam Sandler movie that, even with its strained plot developments, is tame without being lame.

Full review…
Richard Corliss
TIME Magazine

After sitting through this fractious fairy tale, we feel as plucked as a Christmas goose.

Full review…
Daniel Getahun
Minneapolis Star Tribune

It's a delightfully innocent movie that the actor can actually show to his two baby daughters without blushing.

Full review…
Andrew Osmond
SFX Magazine

If you are forced to attend, then at least Bedtime Stories is tolerable, and occasionally fun -- when it forgets to be dumb.

Full review…
More reviews for Bedtime Stories

Flixster Audience Score: 56% Flixster User Reviews
John Manard
I have not liked many of Adam Sandlres latest movies but this one well, i did. I laughed, thought it was funny cute, not bad at all. Was expecting a really bad… More
Directors Cat
The movie's premise is more interesting than the movie itself. It's a bit too kid friendly to be classed as a family movie and essentialy its another… More
Candy Rose
Very sweet and funny movie. Adam has to babysit his niece and nephew. He reads them bedtime stories which come true, so he tries to get them to tell stories… More
Jim Careter
I think I finally can admit that I hate Adam Sandler, he is just ot funny aymore, hell, when washe really funny.
Phil Hubbs
Well I was expecting or hoping for a witty, sarcastic Sandler film but alas as it turns out this IS actually for kids. Its very tame, very silly and… More
Bethany Murphy
Another Adam Sandler classic! The hamster was hilarious and Russell Brand was at his best. I loved it! A must see!

More Like This