close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

100 Girls

100 Girls

50% Liked It
liked it

100 Girls

Jonathan Tucker, Larisa Oleynik, Jaime Pressly, Emmanuelle Chriqui, James DeBello

A young man is looking for the woman he loves, though he wouldn't know her if he saw her in this teen-oriented comedy. Matthew (Jonathan Tucker) is a college freshman who has not been having much luck... read more read more... with the ladies since he started school. One night, Matthew is taking an elevator downstairs at his dorm when someone dashes in just as the door is closing. Moments later, there's a power outage, and Matthew and his fellow passenger are stuck. He soon discovers that he's stranded on the elevator with a woman, and they strike up a conversation; one thing leads to another, and they end up making love. However, Matthew never gets her name or a good look at her face in the darkness, and the next morning, he awakes to discover the power is back on, and the young woman is gone. Matthew is desperate to find her, certain that she is the love of his life, but all he knows for sure is that she lives in a nearby all-girls dorm -- and that she left behind a pair of panties. Posing as a maintenance man, Matthew sets out to visit every girl in the dorm, hoping to find the girl who matches up to the lingerie. Among the many women Matthew runs across in search of his dream girl in 100 Girls are Larisa Oleynik, Jaime Pressly, Katherine Heigl, Marissa Ribisi, and Emmanuelle Chriqui. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi

Id: 10897566

Do you want to see this movie?

My Friends Said...

Register or sign-in to see your friends' reviews !

Recent Reviews

• January 18, 2014
    Actually not terrible by the end. This early aughts horndog comedy starts with some terrible and trite stereotypes about college guys, college girls, and what they'd do for bad college sex - all layered with an incessantly monologuing leading doofus.

Matthew, the doofus charac... read moreter starts arcing half an hour in though, and his hopelessly romantic quest for finding The One becomes more complex and endearing as he starts earnestly exploring the tensions between the sexes instead of just subscribing to his dude-brah roommate's defense mechanism of misogyny or letting his misguided Women's Studies professor blame men for all manners of perceived patriarchal sins.

The movie still pats its male writer and character on the back for playing the hero against sexual assault and for being the first to speak of gender equality and understanding (in fair albeit elementary terms). Even though Matthew's climactic speech is very sweet (filled with both stereotypical yet comforting gender cues and genuine promises about commitment and respect), traditional gender roles are still in place: the dude makes a sweeping declaration of love, and the gaggle of girls swoons.

The supporting cast of ladies starts off without personality or each with only one, odd defining quirk, but the characters played by Larisa Oleynik, Katherine Heigl, Jaime Pressly, Marissa Ribisi, and a [Ben Wa] ballsy and sensual Emmanuelle Chriqui (whom I thought was a young contemporary of Nina Dobrev's but actually isn't), eventually round out the varying levels of estrogen.
  • August 9, 2010
    Most people have seen this because of Katherine Heigl, but believe you me, it's nothing to wave your flag at.
  • March 7, 2009
    A lot better than I was expecting. After watching a couple of awful movies I got this just to see Jaime Pressly from 'my name is earl' but clearly got sucked into the Narators and main character objective critisism and self loathing of the rules between men and women.
  • September 29, 2009
    Flat, one dimensional characters throughout. This includes the main character who just gets on your nerves talking and talking endlessly about why men and women are different, and then later about how they belong together. The writer-director seems to think all this talk passes... read more for wisdom about the millennial old arguments between the sexes. Throwing nearly every stereotypical chauvinistic assumption from both sides of the gender divide into the script does not lead to any answers. There are plot holes and ridiculous situations to fill the rest of the run time in this supposed sex farce.
  • September 8, 2009
    I've never seen a battle between a geek and a muscle bound guy resolved by purple nurples. Oh my. some of the "special effects" were interesting. I also learned something new, never start playing with a set of balls that looks like the old stress relievers in a chicks room. There... read more are some funny moments how it explores how helpless guys are with women. And wow there are a lot of stars in it too. One of the guys from CSI Vegas (Greg)was in it too which was really cool. Even when it was small part. I can't help but laugh at how the main character goes all "ESPN" when talking about how the women have all these tools to over power man. Then there is this chick that whenever she gets nervous pulls out her eyebrows. What a trip. They sure attack a lot of the stereotypes and issues, a lot of times the guys end up the bad guys. There are plenty of amusing parts, the story isn't anything to unique really. Then again there's some theories I don't agree with. Like a man being able to fall in love with a different women every day and being unable to be open emotionally. Then again most guys I know are like that so who knows. There's a touching moment about how someone that's "ugly" feels about how life can be. How they are doomed to be alone while everyone else gets to find someone special and have someone passionate about them. Feeling the happiness that everyone else feels as they have a family and everything and how the ugly people end up alone or fool themselves into being with someone just so they don't have to be alone. It's touching and insightful all at the same time. This movie is rather insightful even though most think it's masqueraded as some teen film. They really keep you guessing too. You keep thinking you know who the mystery woman is and yet it keeps changing. And wow, it is so poetic at times too, really surprising. This whole movie was definitely different than I suspected. It was touching and very enjoyable.
  • November 9, 2007
    A hilarious film!
  • July 20, 2012
    This was a reasonably good movie. It had a few raunchy moments, but overall it was sweet. It had one of the sappy endings that all romantic comedies seem to have.
  • March 15, 2011
    i guess they attempt to resolve the battle of the sexes by making the most hilariously, insultingly unfunny and blatantly sexist movie of all time.. also, stars katherine heigl
  • March 5, 2011
    Actually a deep movie. Hey guys, we uhh, need to see this one........part of a check and balance kinda sorta thing.
  • July 12, 2010
    This one started out kinda raunchy but slowly progressed to be insightful. I don't know if it was intended but if it was, it's brilliant!

Opening This Week

Top Box Office

Upcoming Movies

New on DVD