My 6 Favorite Films of 2008

1. mwytrykus
  2. Mike

Page Views
Comments
  mwytrykus's Rating My Rating
The Dark Knight 2008,  PG-13)
The Dark Knight
Seriously, was anyone expecting my favorite movie of 2008 to be anything else? Not only is this my favorite movie of the year, it is the best movie of the year. Period. This film is a masterpiece and needs to win all kinds of Oscars. It would be a dishonor to the memory of Heath Ledger if he does not get the Best Supporting Actor award. This film will stand for years to come as the definitive live-action rendition of Batman, the Joker, et al. Brilliant performances, a great script, fantastic directing - the film is near perfect. Comic book movies do not get better than this and the bar for all future superhero films has been raised.
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 2008,  PG-13)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I do not care what anyone has to say about this movie. I do not care about your gripes about the flying fridge, Shia's Tarzan syndrome, or the Close Encounters ending. I loved this movie. I saw it three times at the theatre and left humming along to that grand Raiders March each time. I for one would love another round with Dr. Jones while Harrison Ford is still able of sound mind and body.
WALL-E 2008,  G)
WALL-E
Another fantastic effort by Pixar. Who would have thought the love child of R2-D2 and Johnny Five would yield one of the most adorable movie characters ever? The visuals here are just stunning. Pixar can do no wrong, they just can't.
The Incredible Hulk 2008,  PG-13)
The Incredible Hulk
Most people prefer Iron Man, but my love of the Hulk knows no bounds. That, along with all the great nods to the TV series, made me enjoy this movie a bit more than Iron Man. And it is far superior to Ang Lee's version.
Iron Man 2008,  PG-13)
Iron Man
Robert Downey, Jr. IS Tony Stark. Awesome flick.
Cloverfield 2008,  PG-13)
Cloverfield
I love the whole Godzilla meets Blair Witch thing this movie has going. Ironically, a movie that was shot on video (or at least appears that way) is better viewed in the theatre. Watching it on the big screen plus the wacky camera angles and POV make you feel like you're almost there. I'm just a sucker for giant monster movies.

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments