close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

Top 10 - Films of 2007

1. SirPant
  2. Anthony

My Top 10 favorite Films of 2007

Page Views
Comments
  SirPant's Rating My Rating
Le Scaphandre et le Papillon (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly) 2007,  PG-13)
Le Scaphandre et le Papillon (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly)
The diving bell and the butterfly is one of my favourite books so I was really concerned when I heard that they were making it into a film. My concerns soon disappeared within the first few minutes, the brilliant use of first person camera really set the scene and tone and gave an insight to what it was like, albeit visually but that was Schnabel has done. It?s not really a book that can be adapted in the classic way, this film needed much more care and that?s exactly what it received. An extraordinary book, visualised into an extraordinary film. This film has jumped straight into my top 10 favourite films of all time. Read the book first though!!
Persepolis 2007,  PG-13)
Persepolis
Simple but beautiful animation telling a truly original and heart wrenching story of one girls struggle. A Fantastic and important film, please go see it!!
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days 2007,  R)
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 days really reels you in with it's hypnotic voyeurism. It's brutal realism is uncomfortable viewing at times but is utterly captivating throughout. The long takes only emphasises how great the acting is, particularly from Anamaria Marinca in the lead role. The hotel scene is uncompromising, stunning and cinema at it's best. Cristian Mungiu is a director to look out for, just as he gets you used to being a fly on the wall he rolls up a newspaper and smacks you round the head with it, in what is now one of my favourite endings to a movie ever. Brilliant cinema.
The Darjeeling Limited 2007,  R)
The Darjeeling Limited
Wes Anderson just keeps getting better and better. Beautifully shot and with superb sets and locations, this is another original film about family relationships and personal discovery, its what Anderson does best. Brody, Schwartzman and Wilson are all equally brilliant. Its a must see!
No Country for Old Men 2007,  R)
No Country for Old Men
Its great to have the Coen brothers back on the big screen and this film does not disappoint. Although the Coen style humour is toned down in this film, it suffers from nothing less than being pure genius. After all its not their story but its a brilliantly realised adaptation.
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters 2007,  PG-13)
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
This is a great documentary! It?s got drama, comedy, corruption! It?s a classic tale of good vs. evil. It?s like starwars but with geeks and nerds. Steve Wiebe is great hero character but Billy Mitchell has to be one of the greatest villains in cinematic history! He's like the wicked witch of the west, surrounded by his flying monkeys. This is an ace film, you should watch it this evening! :o)
La Vie en Rose (La Mome) 2007,  PG-13)
La Vie en Rose (La Mome)
A brutally honest portrait of a troubled singer, Edith Piaf's life was a strange mix of success and tragedy but at no point does the film sugar-coat her or cover up the fact that a lot of it was just down to her. The jumping between different stages in her life was a little annoying at first but it becomes apparent as to why they chose to do it that way at the heartbreaking and astonishingly moving conclusion. A powerful biopic, the best I've seen in quite a while and highly recommended!
Zodiac 2007,  R)
Zodiac
A really enjoyable thriller! Fincher's direction is a joy as he paces the story of the Zodiac investigation with great dignity and detail. Not for people who like their thrillers slap-dash and fast-paced, neither is this for people who are expecting a Se7en sequel. Great style, great acting, great film, some dodgy blue-screen moments, but still, great film.
The Counterfeiters 2007,  R)
The Counterfeiters
An excellent German thriller based on a true story. The cast is fantastic, particularly Markovics, as is the direction. Brilliant considering is was made on a shoe-string. Highly recommended!
Eastern Promises 2007,  R)
Eastern Promises
David Cronenburg back on form after the terrible History of Violence. Well acted and well shot. Thank fuck for that!

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments