Share this List

Share this link by email, IM, or post it anywhere

The Best and Worst of 2010

1. lesliepeterson
  2. bob

1-10 are best, 11-20 are worst. as far as i'm concerned the 10 worst could have all tied for crappiest movie of 2010, but whatever, i had to put them in some order.

Page Views
Comments
  lesliepeterson's Rating My Rating
Inception 2010,  PG-13)
Inception
'inception' has it all. so does christopher nolan.
The Social Network 2010,  PG-13)
The Social Network
right from its opening scene, the social network delivers scene after scene of near perfection. just try and keep up.
True Grit 2010,  PG-13)
True Grit
if True Grit is not the Coens at their best, i want to see more Coen brothers movies
Toy Story 3 2010,  G)
Toy Story 3
not as good as 2, but better than 1, and better than most movies that came before it in 2010
Shutter Island 2010,  R)
Shutter Island
i liked the movie's atmosphere, its acting, and its twist and didn't find much to dislike.
127 Hours 2010,  R)
127 Hours
127 hours turns the most accurate use of "between a rock and a hard place" ever into a suspenseful and weirdly entertaining film. and Franco remains likable throughout.
The Ghost Writer 2010,  PG-13)
The Ghost Writer
atmospheric, well acted and tense
The King's Speech 2010,  PG-13)
The King's Speech
the best scenes in the film are made up of Firth and Rush just talking, and the director is smart enough to give us a truckload of them.
The Fighter 2010,  R)
The Fighter
The Fighter improved my opinion of all the actors in it, especially Adams who i didn't like before. guess i saw her in the wrong movies.
Buried 2010,  R)
Buried
i initially expected an hour and a half of Ryan Reynolds banging around in a coffin, but i was wrong. great acting from him. and in terms of 2010's "confined space" movies, this one isn't as good as 127 Hours but it is vastly better than Devil.
Sex and the City 2 2010,  R)
Sex and the City 2
have you ever been reading a textbook, and then realize forgot everything you just read? that's kind of what watching this feels like. except you won't have missed anything. and it doesn't help that the four leads characters are spoiled, cocky boneheads disguised as relatable, funny people.
The Spy Next Door 2010,  PG)
The Spy Next Door
as dull and lifeless as the taste of a sleeping pill. i can't go any further into the reasons why this is an absolute atrocity, because i failed to write them down. there's that many.
Resident Evil: Afterlife 2010,  R)
Resident Evil: Afterlife
the "action" scenes are just incomprehensible scenes of chaos, but at least the actors don't get a chance to act during them. when they do, yikes.
Vampires Suck 2010,  PG-13)
Vampires Suck
so tasteless it makes Grown Ups look like Hot Fuzz
The Last Airbender 2010,  PG)
The Last Airbender
a career-ruining movie; the last straw for shyamalan, and none of these actors will ever act again (i hope).
Grown Ups 2010,  PG-13)
Grown Ups
what a turkey. could it be any lazier? i don't think so.
The Last Song 2010,  PG)
The Last Song
so what's wrong with this movie? no here's a better question: what's right with it? the answer is nothing.
Skyline 2010,  PG-13)
Skyline
how did we ever go from Close Encounters to this? did the alien genre take meth or something? it seems like the people who make skyline got most of their inspiration from Destroy All Humans.
Valentine's Day 2010,  PG-13)
Valentine's Day
it's like trying to support a stack of bricks with Popsicle sticks. this movie's plot can't support its stars. but why bring these people together? most of them aren't even talented, and the ones that are are underused.
Our Family Wedding 2010,  PG-13)
Our Family Wedding
you don't really watch 'our family wedding' as much as you stare at it with shark eyes waiting for something funny to happen. it never does.

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments