Summermovie Mania 2012

1. dan9fromouterspace
  2. dan

It's time for my annual marathon of summer-type movies YAY! Missing: Wild On The Beach,C'mon Let's Live A Little, Beach Ball, One Way Wahine,

Page Views
Comments
  dan9fromouterspace's Rating My Rating
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure 1989,  PG)
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
This most triumphant 80's comedy is EXCELLENT!!!!(insert air-guitar here).
Orange County 2002,  PG-13)
Orange County
This movie has grown on me tremendously in the last ten years, likely because i identify with the main character so much.
Surf Ninjas 1993,  PG)
Surf Ninjas
Better than it seems possible for a movie titled Surf Ninja's to be.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off 1986,  PG-13)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Ferris Bueller, you're my hero! I fucking love this movie!
The Boys Next Door 1986,  R)
The Boys Next Door
Two Catcher-In-The-Rye-type teens decide to go an after graduation psycho road trip to L.A. Charlie Sheen gets drunk , they kill some people, Charlie Sheen gets drunk, they kill some people, Charlie Sheen gets drunk, they kill..........well you get the idea.
The Three Caballeros 1944,  G)
The Three Caballeros
My favourite Disney character Donald Duck sings, dances and chases tail across the beaches of South America, awesome!
Overboard 1987,  PG)
Overboard
I know it's not very manly to say so but this is one of my favourite romantic comedys of all time.
Porky's Revenge 1985,  R)
Porky's Revenge
Not too bad considering it's the third in the series, it still has some heart and some truly funny moments.
Say Anything... 1989,  PG-13)
Say Anything...
A quintessential 80's movie. A little high handed on the drama at times, but overall almost as good as a Hughes film.
Dazed and Confused 1993,  R)
Dazed and Confused
This bittersweet chunk of teen angst was The Breakfast Club of the 90's.
Graduation Day 1981,  R)
Graduation Day
This has all the right ingredients for a low budget 80s slasher cheeseball including a young Vanna White and a woodworking teacher named George Michaels. Enjoy!
Beach Party 1963,  G)
Beach Party
I give "The Finger" to anyone who says they don't love this surfin' classic.
Paradise, Hawaiian Style 1966,  G)
Paradise, Hawaiian Style
This half-hearted attempt to recapture the magic of Blue Hawaii is not one of Elvis' better movies. He manages to carry it through tho, which is impressive.
Meatballs 1979,  PG)
Meatballs
The best summer camp movie ever. A great Canadian product this movie manages to be funny & warm-hearted without making me want to puke. NOTE one scene was actually filmed in the parking lot of the K-Mart of my hometown.
The Great Outdoors 1988,  PG)
The Great Outdoors
When you mix the comedic talents of John Hughes, John Candy and Dan Aykroyd how can u go wrong. Although a little sappy at times still a classic 80's comedy.
Yogi Bear 2010,  PG)
Yogi Bear
As a huge lifelong fan of Yogi i was anxious when the making of this adaptation was announced, but i am pleasantly pleased with the it. The extreme talents of Aykroyd and Timberlake sure didn't hurt either.
The Deep 1977,  PG)
The Legend of Johnny Lingo 2003,  G)
Ghost World 2001,  R)
Cheaper by the Dozen 2 2005,  PG)
Cheaper by the Dozen 2
I liked it better than the part one which I didn't care for. Honestly I only watched it because it was filmed near where I live but it isn't completely horrid. Alot of the premise and jokes seemed to have been borrowed from Great Outdoors starring John Candy and Dan Aykroyd which is a much better movie.
The Parent Trap 1961,  G)
National Lampoon's Vacation 1983,  R)
National Lampoon's Vacation
John Hughes gives us one of the funniest movies ever made and in my opinion the best road comedy ever.
Taken 2009,  PG-13)
Taken
YAY!!!! With this role Neeson finally redeems himself for being in Phantom Menace. Good job L.N.
The Wrong Guys 1988,  PG)
Grizzly 1976,  PG)
Grizzly
My favourite Jaws knock-off, this flick has everything i love in a 70's B-Movie. WATCH FOR: The guy in the red toque who could be Weird Al's brother mugging at the camera while his wife gets mauled, scene never fails to induce fits of laughter.
My Tutor 1983,  R)
My Tutor
Not nearly as provocative as the title would have u believe but still it's enough to fire up any young lads imagination. What's more interesting to the rest of us is the chance to see a young blond pre-back to the future Crispin Glover cutting his acting teeth, even back then he was fun to watch.
The Karate Kid Part II 1986,  PG)
The Karate Kid Part II
Pretty good sequel to an iconic 80's classic, it's fun to watch Mr.Miyagi kicking ass.
Now and Then 1995,  PG-13)
Now and Then
Stand By Me For Girls. It's ok but i struggle to sit through it because well.......i have a penis. BTW there's no way in hell i'll believe that Christina Ricci could grow into Rosie O'Donnell, that's just not a world i want to live in.
Easy Come, Easy Go 1967,  PG)
Easy Come, Easy Go
Ok Elvis romp that operates under the pretense that it's about underwater treasure hunting when it's really about how lost The King felt during the Sixties.
Surfer, Dude 2008,  R)
Surfer, Dude
It seems alot of people hate this movie but oddly enough i do not. I believe the problem is that it's packaged as a stoner dick and fart joke comedy when in fact it's more of a comedy/drama aimed at middle-agers. Think About Schmidt meets Big lebowski. It's no masterpiece but it's not that bad.
Off the Lip 2004,  PG-13)
Summer School 1987,  PG-13)
Men At Work 1990,  PG-13)
Bikini Squad 1993,  R)
Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas in July 1979,  Unrated)
Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas in July
By the time Rankin and Bass made this they must have been really scratching the bottom of the barrel for ideas having ridden Rudolph's success as far as possible. Still i can't help but like it, it's Rankin and Bass.
Gidget 1959,  Unrated)
Gidget
Is there a MST3K version? Although it is an important film in the history of beach movies, I missed the wacky humour of the Frankie and Annette era that was to follow. Guess it would help if i was a teenage girl.
The Pirate Movie 1982,  PG)
The Pirate Movie
AHOY Gilbert & Sullivan purists beware stay away, those of you who don't know who I'm talking about should turn off your computers right now and head directly back to school, as for the rest of us we can enjoy this light-hearted romp(I always wanted to say that).
Summer Rental 1985,  PG)
Summer Rental
Another John Candy classic that i watch over and over.
Flipper 1963,  G)
It Runs in the Family (My Summer Story) 1994,  PG)
The Endless Summer 1966,  G)
The Endless Summer
This is a really good low budget documentary that is entertaining for surfers and non-surfers alike. Just the idea of following summer around the planet is enough to stir the romantic in me.
Muscle Beach Party 1964,  Unrated)
Muscle Beach Party
Those krazy kids from the beach Frankie and Annette are back for more hi-jinks and this time they brought Don Rickles, Buddy Hackett, and Little Stevie Wonder(sorry flixster you're wrong that's not James Brown) along for the ride. My only real complaint is no Eric Von Zipper.
Les Bronzés (French Fried Vacation) 1978,  R)
Surf's Up 2007,  PG)
Summer Dreams: Story Of The Beach Boys 1990,  R)
Billabong Odyssey 2003,  PG)
Meatballs Part II 1984,  PG)
Stand by Me 1986,  R)
Stand by Me
Great movie, who doesn't see at least some sem
Die Hard 3: With a Vengeance 1995,  R)
Jaws 1975,  PG)
Jaws
A malfunctioning shark forced speilberg to make a better movie that made me nervous to go in the lake when i was little. da dun da dun DA DUN DA DUN DA DUN DA DUN
Caddyshack 1980,  R)
Caddyshack
Definitely on my Top 10 Comedies of all time list, everyone involved was at the top of their game, 30 years later it's still making us laugh and in another 30 years it'll still be as funny.
American Pie 2 2001,  R)
Blue Hawaii 1961,  PG)
Blue Hawaii
Once you get over the shock of the fact that you are are watching an Elvis movie it actually turns out to be quite enjoyable. The king of rock's acting ability was actually better than most musicians who have taken a stab at the silver screen.
Club Paradise 1986,  PG-13)
Club Paradise
Great comedy starring Robin Williams, Peter O'Toole, reggae god Jimmy Cliff and half the cast of SCTV.
One Crazy Summer 1986,  PG)
One Crazy Summer
One of the few movies I saw in theatre when i was a kid, laughed my ass off, still do! Features Savage Steve Hollands wacky brand of humour & lots of 80s stars.
Summer Lovers 1982,  R)
Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation 1962,  G)
Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation
Kinda stressed me out the first time i watched it, I enjoyed it alot more upon second viewing and who knows maybe the third time i'll love it. It sometimes works that way with movies.
Pee-wee's Big Adventure 1985,  PG)
Monster Beach Party 2009,  Unrated)
A Goofy Movie 1995,  G)
Happy Campers 2001,  R)
Beach Babes from Beyond 1993,  R)
Bikini Beach 1964,  Unrated)
Bikini Beach
Yay! Eric Von Zipper has returned. Originally the Beatles were slated to co-star but became really really successful and expensive so instead we are given Frankie parodying them as The Potato Bug. Another great serving of sand and surf with a sidedish of drag racing thrown in for good measure. Plus there's a guy in a monkey suit, how cool is that.
Ernest Goes to Camp 1987,  PG)
Ernest Goes to Camp
Though no where close to the genius of Pee Wee's Big Adventure Ernest ,who was also an 80s icon, manages to bring us a pretty good movie. NOTE: Was Ernest a pyromaniac? I've always wondered.
Hot Moves 1985,  R)
Top Secret! 1984,  PG)
Gidget Goes Hawaiian 1961,  Unrated)
Surf School 2006,  R)
Surf School
A surf comedy that's a tad short on surfing and jokes, other than the fact that the washed-up pro surf champ is played by a canadian (not alot of surfing going on up here). Hopefully Harland can move on to bigger and better things, he truly is a funny guy.
Flipper's New Adventure 1964,  G)
Clambake 1967,  G)
National Lampoon's European Vacation 1985,  PG-13)
Meatballs III: Summer Job 1986,  R)
Hardbodies 1984,  R)
Beach Movie (Boardheads) 1998,  R)
Les Vacances de Monsieur Hulot (Mr. Hulot's Holiday) 1953,  Unrated)
Mr. Bean's Holiday 2007,  G)
Black Sheep 1996,  PG-13)
Shag 1989,  PG)
Shark rosso nell'oceano (Devilfish)(Devouring Waves)(Monster Shark)(Red Ocean) 1984,  R)
Pajama Party 1964,  Unrated)
Pajama Party
In a preemptive strike in their war of the worlds mars sends it's most feared weapon.........Tommy Kirk. Once on earth he integrates himself into the beach party gang and puts the moves on annette. Sorry no frankie this time.
Barney's Beach Party 2002,  G)
Barney's Beach Party
Watching this is like getting drilled in the brain with a pick-axe. I had to go lay down in a quiet darkened room for two hours afterward and cry. My 5 year old on the other hand freakin' loved it.
Strawberry Shortcake - Seaberry Beach Party 2005,  Unrated)
Blue Crush 2002,  PG-13)
What About Bob? 1991,  PG)
What About Bob?
Murray and Dreyfuss play the odd-couple routine to near perfection.
Eurotrip 2003,  R)
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie 2004,  PG)
Surfing Beach Party 1983,  Unrated)
Ride the Wild Surf 1964,  Unrated)
Ride the Wild Surf
Wow a surf movie that's actually about surfin', of course romantic subplots are thrown in for good measure not to mention it stars the ever dreamy Fabian and a pretty good theme song by Jan and Dean. It's a little rough around the edges and unintentionally funny at times but holds its own as far as surf movies go.
Golf Punks 1998,  PG)
Road to Singapore 1940,  Unrated)
Paul 2011,  R)
Just Before Dawn 1981,  R)
Just Before Dawn
It's Deliverance with 5 teens a winnebago and a great kill at the end.
RV 2006,  PG)
RV
A watered down PG rated take on National Lampoon's Vacation that's held together by the ever-awesome Robin Williams, without him there would be no movie.
Beach Blanket Bingo 1965,  G)
Beach Blanket Bingo
Frankie and Annette are back (again) for more fun in the warm california sun. This installment follows the same formula as the first four of the series; the plot and jokes are goofy, the acting is sketchy and the lip-synching laughable but it comes together to form an enjoyable package. If surf movies are your thing then this is where it's at.
Going the Distance 2000,  G)
A Swingin' Summer 1965,  Unrated)
Taking Woodstock 2009,  R)
Meatballs 4 (Happy Campers) (Summer Vacation) 1992,  R)
Bikini Bloodbath 2006,  Unrated)
Bikini Bloodbath
Horrible, some of the most unambitious "film making" i've ever seen and i've seen alot of bad movies.
North Shore 1987,  PG)
Wet Hot American Summer 2001,  R)
Wanderlust 2012,  R)
Live Free or Die Hard 2007,  PG-13)
Live Free or Die Hard
YIPPIE KAI YAY MOTHER FUCKER! Abit over the top and watered down but Bruce manages to deliver a much needed 80's flavoured actioner to our post Matrix world. Way to go Bruce!
Charlie Brown All-Stars 1966,  Unrated)
It Was a Short Summer, Charlie Brown 1969,  Unrated)
Vegas Vacation 1997,  PG)
How to Stuff a Wild Bikini 1965,  Unrated)
How to Stuff a Wild Bikini
Even though things were starting to spiral downward at this point(Frankie's only in like ten minutes of the movie and Annette flirts with infidelity), this wacky teeny bopper romp is still good clean fun. At least Eric Von Zipper was still around to keep us entertained. PLUS Buster Keaton plays an alcoholic witchdoctor(at least it was a speaking role).
It's a Bikini World 1967,  Unrated)
The Scout 1994,  PG-13)
Field of Dreams 1989,  PG)
Summerhood 2008,  Unrated)
Surf Party 1964,  Unrated)
Catalina Caper (Never Steal Anything Wet) 1967,  Unrated)
Gidget Goes to Rome 1963,  Unrated)
Little Darlings 1980,  R)
Summer Holiday 1963,  Unrated)
Back to the Beach 1987,  PG)
Back to the Beach
Its 1987 and about time for Frankie and Annette to re-visit their old stomping grounds with their kids in tow. This could have been a disaster but instead turns out to be witty and fun, actually better than the original series. Although it doesn't hurt to have seen a Frankie and Annette feature before it isn't necessary as this one stands alone very well. WATCH FOR: a whole bunch of cameos by 60s and 80s stars including a performance by one of the greatest bands ever Fishbone.
A Midsummer Night's Dream 1999,  PG-13)
Grumpier Old Men 1995,  PG-13)
Key Largo 1948,  Unrated)

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments