2. Jason

New year, new edition!
Isn't it obvious?

Page Views
Comments
  SweetyTerrorxXx's Rating My Rating
From Paris with Love 2010,  R)
The Sorcerer's Apprentice 2010,  PG)
Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol 2011,  PG-13)
The Intouchables 2012,  R)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 2009,  R)
Fracture 2007,  R)
G-Force 2009,  PG)
G-Force
Very cool!

I thought to see it in 3D, but finally went to another theatre, where it passed in 2D.

When I 1st heard about this film, I thought to Alvin and the Chipmunks, that I loved.
This movie is really different, but it has some common points.
Apart the fact that there are talking animals, they are rodents, like the chipmunks; and 3, like them.

The effects are very well done, as we never doubt that we are following guinea pigs (and mice, and a mole) who are talking and doing some secret agents stuff.
It's totally credible, although it's in fact totally UNcredible, senseless.
The Last House on the Left 1972,  R)
The Last House on the Left
Craven is a great master... but this isn't his best piece, definitely far away.
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked 2011,  G)
The Whistleblower 2011,  R)
X-Men Origins - Wolverine 2009,  PG-13)
X-Men Origins - Wolverine
A good spin-off!

Wolverine is a good character, but maybe not my favorite mutant.
I add that Hugh Jackman is an actor that I don't like a lot, but I don't dislike him too much neither.

Anyways, the movie was more or less as well as I expected. Neither better nor worse.

I have a problem with the fact that Wolverine is almost immortal, (contrary to the others mutants I know), cause it makes that we never are afraid for him, for his safety.
It makes the suspense of the movie be very small; at least considering Wolverine's life.

Otherways, it's cool that there are a lot of others mutants in thsi movie.
But sad that some die so fast in the film. I'd like to have seen more about them and their powers. For example sad for Dominic Monaghan's character, cause he's a good actor not enough used in cinema.

I hope that they'll do a lot of other movies about some other mutants.
I'm impatient to see the film on Magneto.
L'Île aux Trésors (Treasured Island) 2007,  Unrated)
L'Île aux Trésors (Treasured Island)
More or less as well as Pirates of the Caribbeans 1.
But Pirates 2 was really better, and Pirates 3, really worse.
Funny pirates' comedy with 2 great actors, Jugnot and Rouve.
Lord of War 2005,  R)
Lord of War
A very good surprise.
We don't see enough the cool Jared Leto in cinema.
Love the posters with a made-with-bullets' Nicolas Cage and set.
American Pie Presents: Beta House 2007,  R)
American Pie Presents: Beta House
Average!

I think they should stop this series; maybe they even should've stopped it after the great American Wedding.
But it seems they have, finally.
I didn't see the 4th and 5th anyways.

The spirit, the interest of the 1st trilogy is totally absent, gone, and so, this movie title shouldn't contain American Pie.
It's stricly for business, and this can't make a good movie.
Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead 2009,  Unrated)
Isolation 2006,  R)
Find Me Guilty 2006,  R)
Find Me Guilty
It's particularly for Vin Diesel that I wanna see it.
Done!
I love trailer movies, and this one is really funny (and moving at the end), which doesn't waste anything of course, it's the opposite.
Incredible thinking it's from true facts!!
J. Edgar 2011,  R)
J. Edgar
Finally an oscar for DiCap?
I hope!
Another one for Mr Clint?
Why not!
And I guess the make-up team would deserve one too...

Better than the 2 last Eastwood's movies, worst than the 2 previous ones, specially Changeling.
Really interesting anyway to learn about the sooooo famous and soooo used in movies and TV series FBI's birth.
Bedtime Stories 2008,  PG)
Bedtime Stories
Very entertaining!

Funny, full of action and love, just what we expect when we go to theatre, to change our mind, in those awful times.

As I really liked Enchanted last year, I was impatient to see the new Disney's christmas movie. I don't regrett my impatence.

It isn't a very intelligent script, but it's not what we expect from that kind of entertainment.
And anyways, it's far of a stupid story, like there are so much.
The jokes are very rarely useless or stupid.

As a scriptwriter, I'm angry that they stole my idea.
Not really in fact, but around 10 years ago, I had an idea of movie where what we wish, happens.
Anyways, my project is really different, and I should write it 1 of these days.

Life should be like this, but, as Skeeter says, in life it never finish well, goods never win.
It's sadly deeply true.

I'd have seen a longer movie, with more sequences set in different epochs of the past.

As so often in that kind of crazy comedies, the scenes involving the animal (talking of the Guinea pig here) are definitely some of the funniest ones.
Whiteout 2009,  R)
The Darkest Hour 2011,  PG-13)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 2011,  R)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
A bit under the version from Sweden!

Really faithful, near, and in the same time really different than the original one.
I really like Fincher, but he did movies a lot better.
Coming from him, I'm surprised that the film is less violent than the swedish one. Probably cause the producers wanted this Millenium to be allowed for the largest audience possible...

Anyways, still impatient to see the sequels, as well as I'd like to see the swedish ones.
Seeking Justice 2012,  R)
Mr. Brooks 2007,  R)
Knowing 2009,  PG-13)
Knowing
A bit disappointing!

The action scenes are cool, and the story isn't bad, but those aliens are annoying; apart maybe at the end, when we see them in their real shape, and that they save the children.

Otherways, this idea of a young girl (and at the end also Caleb, the hero's son) who can see in the future some catastrophes and write the numbers of their dates, the number of victims and the geographical coordinates where they'll happen is very good.
Salt 2010,  PG-13)
Snow White: A Tale of Terror 1997,  R)
Jack and Jill 2011,  PG)
La vérité si je mens! 3 2012,  Unrated)
Shanghai Noon 2000,  PG-13)
Shanghai Noon
A great western!
Fun, actionful, martial artsful, good actorsful...
Inside (À l'intérieur) 2007,  R)
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows 2011,  PG-13)
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Better than the 1st one, that already was great!

All those hyper slow motion scenes are amazingly beautiful.
The landscapes and sets are the same.
And not talking of the score, that I'll buy as soon as possible. Hanz Zimmer always make wonderful ones. By exemple Pirates of the Caribbean or Inception.
Lakeview Terrace 2008,  PG-13)
Le petit Nicolas 2009,  Unrated)
Le petit Nicolas
Very funny and cute!

I loved to read the books of Le petit Nicolas as a child (and also the unedited stories that I read recently), so, I was pretty excited learning they were doing a movie.
And a bit afraid in the same time to be disappointed of course.

Seeing the trailer some times ago, I thought it would be good, but I didn't think to laugh that much; mainly during 2 scenes, where a lot of people in the theatre laughed their ass off too.

The cast is pretty good (all those children we never saw before played well their roles).
The original story they wrote for the film is interesting, moving and fun.
The good point is that they didn't at all betray the spirit of the books. They even used a lot of supporting characters, some elements of the novels, some situations of those, and some dialogues, quotes.

So, in 1 word like in 100, I clearly recommand to watch this, if you like to laugh.
Otherways, too bad for you!
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 2012,  PG-13)
Big Miracle 2012,  PG)
Man on a Ledge 2012,  PG-13)
Safe House 2012,  R)
Slashers 2001,  R)
Chronicle 2012,  PG-13)
War Horse 2011,  PG-13)
War Horse
Deep, powerful, strong, moving, beautiful !!!
Dead Silence 2007,  R)
Il fiume del grande caimano (The Big Alligator River) (The Great Alligator) 1979,  Unrated)
The Lost World - Jurassic Park 1997,  PG-13)
The Lost World - Jurassic Park
Very good sequel.
New kind of dinosaurs, and a suspenseful scene with the 2 T-Rex attacking the caravan, cause they can't understand that the heroes r curing the baby T-Rex, and not the opposite.
The Grey 2012,  R)
Sur la piste du Marsupilami (HOUBA! On the Trail of the Marsupilami) 2012,  Unrated)
Sur la piste du Marsupilami (HOUBA! On the Trail of the Marsupilami)
Veeery funny!

More than I expected, even if I was a bit disappointing during the beginning.
I even cried laughing during some scene, as well as much of the people around me.

Just seen in avant-première, with Alain Chabat and Jamel Debouzze to answer questions after, during a big quarter.
The questions of the audience and their answers where as funny as the movie, so, as good moment from start to end, or almost.
The Devil Inside 2012,  R)
The Devil Inside
Probably the best exorcism movie I saw in a long time...

but anyways not as well as I thought.
Why do I continue to go see those films about this thing I don't even believe in (as I don't believe in anything, not even humanity...), considering I'm almost always bored watching them?
Emily Rose was crapy, The Rite average, The Last Exorcism the same, all the sequels (and prequels) of The Exorcist were shitty and annoying... only The Exorcist, the very 1st one, from 1973, is pretty good, even if it's far away of a great movie second me.
L'Opération Corned-Beef 1991,  Unrated)
Clash of the Titans 2010,  PG-13)
Clash of the Titans
I expected so much more...

I love this genre, but have been disappointed by this remake.
I really prefered Percy Jackson, that came out almost the same week, with the same hero, Percy, and so, with a lot of common points in the story; and totally totally different in the same time.

So, if you have to choose, then, watch Percy Jackson instead of Clash.
Jeremiah Johnson 1972,  PG)
Tears of the Sun 2003,  R)
Tears of the Sun
Very good underrated and not enough known Bruce Willis' movie.
The presence of Monica Bellucci is another good pretext to watch it.
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close 2012,  PG-13)
John Carter 2012,  PG-13)
1408 2007,  PG-13)
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 1999,  PG)
Le Chef 2014,  PG-13)
The Woman in Black 2012,  PG-13)
Planet 51 2009,  PG)
The Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior 2008,  PG-13)
Zathura 2005,  PG)
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale 2006,  PG-13)
Cargo 2010,  Unrated)
Coogan's Bluff 1968,  R)
100 Women (Girl Fever) 2002,  R)
The Hunger Games 2012,  PG-13)
This Means War 2012,  PG-13)
The Last Airbender 2010,  PG)
American Pie Presents: Book of Love 2009,  R)
Shutter 2008,  PG-13)
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island 2012,  PG)
Wrath of the Titans 2012,  PG-13)
Torque 2004,  PG-13)
Fortress 1993,  R)
Men in Black 1997,  PG-13)
Men in Black
Very fun
Will Smith rules
Tommy Lee Jones is good too
Mirror Mirror 2012,  PG)
Battleship 2012,  PG-13)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time 2010,  PG-13)
We Bought a Zoo 2011,  PG)
Marvel's The Avengers 2012,  PG-13)
The Cold Light of Day 2012,  PG-13)
Men in Black II 2002,  PG-13)
Men in Black II
Good sequel, but under the 1st for me.
The Musketeer 2001,  PG-13)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning 2006,  R)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
Really better than the previous one!

But still under the original one.
Anyways, really better also than the 3 sequels made in the 80''s & 90's.
StreetDance 2 2012,  Unrated)
Legion 2010,  R)
Priest 2011,  PG-13)
Lockout (Unrated) 2012,  PG-13)
Contraband 2012,  R)
Children of the Corn 1984,  R)
The Monitor (Babycall) 2012,  R)
American Reunion 2012,  R)
American Reunion
After 9 years without a good American Pie, finally this one arrives.

Considering the original cast's back, I was pretty confident to see a good movie, but with sequels, specially so many years after, we never know what can happen.
Not as funny as the 1st trilogy, but way better than the stupid sequels made just for money, just to use a good concept, to use this license till its death.
The Cabin in the Woods 2012,  R)
Creep 2005,  R)
Gone 2012,  PG-13)
Prometheus 2012,  R)
Sun cheung sau (Godly Gunslingers) (The Sniper) 2009,  Unrated)
Men in Black III 2012,  PG-13)
Maman 2012,  Unrated)
Frontière(s) (Frontier(s)) 2007,  NC-17)
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted 2012,  PG)
Dark Shadows 2012,  PG-13)
Kalifornia 1993,  R)
Snow White and the Huntsman 2012,  PG-13)
Gamer 2009,  R)
The Strangers 2008,  R)
I Am Number Four 2011,  PG-13)
Assault on Precinct 13 2005,  R)
Assault on Precinct 13
The original was great!

This remake is shi... great too!
Lol
No but seriously, reeeeally different, and reeeeeally cool.
You don't breathe a moment, you can't pretend to have been bored, you are often surprised, you don't guess all that'll happen, you suspect a lot of people, you dunno you are or not the betrayers...

The actors are good, so, you believe in their characters, and you penetrate completely the story.

The music is cool (specially the excellent rap song of the credits), the sets are really nice, a lot of stunts, effects, explosions, gunfights, suspens, tension... all that makes a to-see actioner.

If I had anyway to point a bad side, it's some of the dialogues.
Tooo predictable, pueril, cliché, stupid... but it concerns only a few part of them, so, it's not that bad.
Astérix et la surprise de César (Asterix and Caesar) 1986,  Unrated)
The Mask 1994,  PG-13)
The Mask
1 of the best comedies ever, easily.
Greaaaaaat Jim Carrey in his probably best role, and discovery of the cute C. Diaz.
A mix between Tex Avery & Looney Tunes, but with real actors.
The Perfect Storm 2000,  PG-13)
The Perfect Storm
1 of the most expansive movies ever.
So, I bet the producers have lost money, cause it's not 1 of the most seen movies ever; not at least of the year...
TMNT 2007,  PG)
TMNT
An excellent movie with the characters I loved when I watched them in a TV series, during my childhood.
Saw 3D 2010,  R)
Saw 3D
A real game of massacre!
I counted 22 deaths.
As much as in several previous episodes of the series.
I didn't remember that Hoffman was so prolific in this opus.
On the other hand, I sadly reminded myself that Gordon was the new killer at the end. Beside that, knowing that they had already decided not to make more Saw, I find mean and that it's a pity to finish with an opened end, which frustrates us even more not to know the sequel. Well, we never know, they could wait to think that there will be again enough spectators to go to see a new movie of the series in theaters to produce a new 1... I hope.
Clearly, since the 1st trilogy, the series lost quality (even if I would make an exception for the 5th, which is over the 4th, 6th and 7th in my opinion, but anyway under the 3 first ones), but it is not grave, it stayed all the ways widely over many movies of genre (as we say), and I am anyway really disappointed that they stopped, even if I can understand, considering that it was winning less and less money, being more expensive in the same time, with the addition of the 3D. Well, I am in lack, in November, that will make the 2nd year in a row that I have to compose without my annual favorite meeting.
: (
The pair at the origin of Saw (the scriptwriter-actor Leigh Whannel, who plays the photographer in the 1st movie & who cowritten it with his director James Wan, with whom he also cowrote the 3rd, whereas he wrotes n°2 without him, in other words, the best are signed by the same scriptwriters-creators) offered us since the excellent "Insidious", in a very different type. Thus we can trust them to continue to enchant us.
What is magnificent with this series, it's that there is all the time flashbacks, surprises, twists, climax, suspens, winks, elements of the previous movies which are linked ones in the others, binding very strongly all movies some with the others, giving us strong revelations which amaze us, which strengthen the interest of movies, which change our visions of the previous movies, or the one we just watched when we see those again, which really involves us in the so complex intrigue, tortuous, which is used as vertebral column to the whole work.
You really need to hang on to follow everything, to understand all the ins and outs of this heptalogy, thus I hope it'll soon become an octology, even if that should not be for tomorrow, if that arrives one day.
To conclude, I'm going to name Charlie Clouser, so much the score (principally the main theme) which he composed is a masterpiece.
This main music of Saw, every time I hear it, I love it to death.
Quite a lot of movies, TV programs, advertising used this piece of anthology since then, proving which magnificent partition it is.
The Girl Who Played with Fire (Flickan som lekte med elden) 2010,  R)
The Girl Who Played with Fire (Flickan som lekte med elden)
Really under the 1st one, and even under the remake, who was just a bit worse than the original one.
Anyway still really impatient to see the 3rd one, specially as the 2nd and the 3rd are one unique story cut in 2.
Thirteen Ghosts (13 Ghosts) 2001,  R)
Thirteen Ghosts (13 Ghosts)
Good script!
Sadly, something's missing...
Les Ripoux (Le Cop) (My New Partner) 1984,  R)
Ripoux contre ripoux (Le cop 2)(My New Partner II) 1997,  Unrated)
Ice Age: Continental Drift 2012,  PG)
The Dictator 2012,  R)
The Closet (Le Placard) 2001,  R)
The Closet (Le Placard)
1 of the numerous excellent comedies of Francis Veber, with the same idiot and clumsy (so, touching) character, François Pignon, played by different actors, during decades.
Daniel Auteuil, Thierry Lhermitte, Gerard Depardieu, some of the best french actors ever.
The Spiderwick Chronicles 2008,  PG)
The Spiderwick Chronicles
An interesting kind of fairy tale.
Creatures r good.
The Last Legion 2007,  PG-13)
The Last Legion
A good mix between King Arthur and The Eagle!

The Eagle is really newer anyway.
Peplums, movies set in the Middle Ages are some of my favorite genres.
I've always preferred battles with swords, bows and spears, with horses and battering rams, ladders and catapults, with halberds and crossbows, chainmails and great helms.
I anyway love tons of modern movies and gunfights in them.
But I'd've loved to live in those dark times of chivalry.
This kind of movies always make us travel.
It offers us beautiful landscapes, no ugly things, great costumes, make-ups, sets, musics, adventures, action, drama, emotions, crazy battles...
This 1 isn't a great great film, but it's anyway really enjoyable to watch, better than some, worse than others.
I was afraid it'd be less good, so, it was a pretty good surprise, although I expected it to be good.
Mercury Rising 1998,  R)
Mercury Rising
A veeery cool story!

This movie is 1 of the most touching that my hero made.
With Armageddon, Tears of the Sun and The Sixth Sense.
Let's admitt that films with kids often are moving!

This movie is anyways underrrated, not enough known I think.
It deserved a greater success, even if it's loved.

The casting is very good, and I wanna make a special mention to Miko Hughes, the young boy, who, although his talent, totally disappeared since.
Already 11 years passed, and I didn't hear about him for anything. He didn't have the same popularity than the other kid discovered with BW almost in the same time, I named Haley Joel Osment, in The Sixth Sense.
I just checked imdb, and saw that Miko has an uncredited role in Tropic Thunder; maybe even cut off the last editing.
I also saw he made a lot of movies and series since, but no 1 out of those movies came here, and Roswell, Boston public or Vero Mars aren't series I watch.
Anyways, I think I could see him in the next years.

The idea of the autistic kid who decipher a top secret government code has been used several times since, in movies or series, so, this film definitely inspired a lot of people, and it's normal, as the script is very well.
I sadly don't have any of these titles in mind now.
Oh yes, it's not the same, but I guess we can say that Knowing, with Nicolas Cage, is a bit inspired by Mercury Rising. But some films are more than it.

Anyways, a great entertainment for the family. Not children, but teenagers and adults, all ages.
Get Smart 2008,  PG-13)
Get Smart
I laughed so much!
Love Me If You Dare (Jeux d'enfants) 2004,  R)
Death Sentence 2007,  R)
The Poseidon Adventure 2005,  Unrated)
The Poseidon Adventure
Really under the 2 cinema's versions!

Cheap effects, cheap dialogues...
What saves the movie is 1st a pretty good cast, 2d, the originality of it compared to the 1st story, adding the terrorists in it.
Astérix et le coup du menhir (Asterix and the Big Fight) 1989,  Unrated)
Astérix chez les Bretons (Asterix in Britain) 1986,  Unrated)
Jerry Maguire 1996,  R)
Jerry Maguire
A beautiful story!
Fun, moving (I cry a few times each time I watch it), very well written, with some excellent dialogues and a good cast.

Renée Wellweger is beautiful, as usual.
Tom Cruise in 1 of his best roles.
Cuba Gooding Jr is cool too, even if I never really liked him.
Bonnie Hunt is an annoying sis for Renée's character.
Jonathan Lipnicki is funny and cute; thanks to the dialogues.

Yesterday it was on TV, but, as I saw it several times before, I didn't follow it a lot, being here, and on phone during a moment. But I regret now, not to have followed. Hope i'tll be soon again on TV.
Dr Seuss' The Lorax 2012,  PG)
Les Kaïra 2012,  Unrated)
Derailed 2005,  R)
Derailed
Another one I rated "not interested" I dunno when, and found great just now on TV, having of course totally forgotten I rated it that way months or years ago.

I guessed the fake Lucinda Harris was LaRoche's accomplice (even if I didn't at this time guessed she was using her boss' name) way before it's revealed, but otherwise, there are good surprised, things unexpected, and it's really well written and thrilling.
We of course hope it finishes like it does, and so it's great, but we often doubt it'll finish that good, and nobody guessed LaRoche was alive at the end, apart liars.
Domestic Disturbance 2001,  PG-13)
A View to a Kill 1985,  PG)
Haywire 2012,  R)
The Raid: Redemption 2012,  R)
The Amazing Spider-Man 2012,  PG-13)
Brave 2012,  PG)
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 2012,  R)
Point Break 1991,  R)
The Bucket List 2007,  PG-13)
The Pink Panther Strikes Again 1976,  PG)
First Blood (Rambo: First Blood) 1982,  R)
First Blood (Rambo: First Blood)
Good actionner!
The sheriff is an asshole.
Conjurer 2008,  R)
Dragon Wars 2007,  PG-13)
Crocodile 2000,  R)
Prom Night 2008,  PG-13)
Battle in Seattle 2008,  R)
Battle in Seattle
Fucking hippies!
Shoot them all!
Step Up Revolution 2012,  PG-13)
Lay the Favorite 2012,  R)
Sammy's Adventures 2 (Sammy's avonturen 2) 2012,  Unrated)
The Dark Knight Rises 2012,  PG-13)
Uncommon Valor 1983,  R)
Dinocroc vs. Supergator 2010,  Unrated)
Rambo: First Blood Part II 1985,  R)
Rambo: First Blood Part II
A very good sequel, better than the 1st. I love war or action movies in the jungle.
Citizen Kane 1941,  PG)
Citizen Kane
Hell, buy eyes, ears and tastes people!

I can't understand how this movie can be considered as the best ever by so many people, critics...
I didn't want to see it, but finally just did on TV, in the middle of the night... and I was bored most of the time.
I mean, nothing's happening in this film where there isn't action at all.
I don't swear only by action (even if that's what I prefer, cause I don't see the interest to pay to see people tasking when I can see them for free every day going outside), but then, if nothing really happen at any time, then or the dialogues must be great, really funny, to make a good comedy.
There are anyways some drama or dramatic comedies without action I found great, but they are rare, and this is an annoying piece, with almost anything making it special, interesting, cool...
To forget!
Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice 1993,  R)
Atomic Twister 2002,  Unrated)
Detonator 2003,  R)
A Better Way to Die 2000,  R)
Death Warrant 1990,  R)
The Delta Force 1986,  R)
Land of the Lost 2009,  PG-13)
The Land That Time Forgot 2009,  Unrated)
King of the Lost World 2005,  R)
Vertige (High Lane) 2009,  Unrated)
Derailed 2002,  R)
Total Recall 2012,  PG-13)
Mulan II 2003,  G)
The Expendables 2 2012,  R)
ParaNorman 2012,  PG)
Underworld: Evolution 2006,  R)
Lawless 2012,  R)
Hostage 2005,  R)
Hostage
A great, excellent thriller with the best of the best, Bruce Willis.
Ben Foster is also very good, as the killer.
The Bourne Legacy 2012,  PG-13)
Date Night 2010,  PG-13)
Oceans (Disneynature's Oceans) 2010,  G)
Oceans (Disneynature's Oceans)
A beaaautiful wonderful documentary set in deep blue sea!

Directed by a really good specialist of this, who made documentary about insects and birds previously, respectively in 1996 and 2001. I named Jacques Perrin, who's also actor since he was a child, in 46.
The one about birds, Le Peuple Migrateur, has been nominated for an oscar in 2003.
Oh, and no, it's not him but another french who directed the so famous La Marche de l'empereur (March of the Penguins), who won the oscar of best docu in 2006.

Watch it people, really!
You'll discover amazingly strange fishes you dunno, and see some so beautiful images of the animals you love (like dolphins, whales, sharks, seals...) like you never saw them before.
For example you see hundreds of dolphins together during long minutes.
They took years to shoot it, in seas of countries all around the world, as you can see in the credits.

I almost never go to see docu. in theatre (I only saw Microcosmos (the 1 with insects) Bowling for Columbine and Capitalism: A Love Story) till now (not even any of the other Moore's works), although I see some beautiful trailers sometimes, so, even if you aren't a docu. on theatres fan, like me, you must watch it.
Les Seigneurs 2012,  Unrated)
Resident Evil: Retribution 2012,  R)
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves 1991,  PG-13)
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
1 of my 10
Probably the movie I watched the most
Gorgeous (Boh lee chun) 1999,  PG-13)
Savages 2012,  R)
Taken 2 2012,  PG-13)
Secret of the Wings 2012,  G)
Ted 2012,  R)
Astérix and Obélix: God Save Britannia 2012,  Unrated)
2012 2009,  PG-13)
Oliver & Company 1988,  G)
Skyfall 2012,  PG-13)
Centurion 2010,  R)
A Perfect Plan (Un plan parfait) 2012,  Unrated)
Paranormal Activity 4 2012,  R)
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader 2010,  PG)
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Under the 2 first movies, but pretty good anyways.
The Unborn 2009,  PG-13)
The Unborn
Yeaaaaah!
I love horroooooor!
Lol

Another very good horror movie, as we have so many since years; also some decades ago.

Even if I don't believe in anything (and so, of course, not in possessions, exorcisms, ghosts, devil...), I love movies involving those kind of elements.
Not all of them, of course (for example, one of the worst crap ever is The Exorcism of Emily Rose), but often.
I'm curious anyways about how you, believers see these movies.
But it's not easy to tell, and anyways, I'll never be able (like all UNbelievers [fun to use the prefix UN talking of The UNborn]) to exactly understand how you feel seeing those.

I really didn't imagine to see the so famous monster of the nazism, the Dr Mengele, involved in this story, making it seems more true, realistic; fixing it in our real world.
It's well known that this man made a lot of experiments on jewish people in camps during WWII, but curiously, the story of The Unborn never happened in any way.

So, as I saw Watchmen a day, and The Unborn the day after, I saw Carla Gugino twice in a row, in very different movies.
I just realized it seeing the cast here, cause, even if I know her pretty well, I didn't realize she was in The Unborn. We see her only a lil, but, anyways...

So many odd things in this movie.
I'm sometimes disturbed by too strange things in movies, but no problem here: More cause they mainly are nightmares, or hallucinations.
Talking about weird things, I anways loved Silent Hill for example, even if I'm not a fan of the games. I'm way more into Resident Evil games, books, and also movies, even if they aren't masterpieces.

You like horror?
You like mystery?
You like possessions, exorcisms?
Then, run in a theatre to watch it.
The Stepfather 2009,  PG-13)
Okami kodomo no ame to yuki (The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki) 2012,  Unrated)
The Thing 2011,  R)
Mr. Popper's Penguins 2011,  PG)
Knock Off 1998,  R)
Maximum Risk 1996,  R)
Inglourious Basterds 2009,  R)
Inglourious Basterds
Excellent!

Probably the best Tarantino!
The challenger for this title would be, - in my opinion -, Jackie Brown.

A lot of violence and some trash things (as usual with Mr Tarantino).
A lot of dialogues too (also as usual with Quentin's movies).
But, contrary to Death Proof, in this case, not too much too long dialogues, and anyways never annoying, not even when we miss a bit of action.

Otherways, a very good casting, playing well their roles.
An interesting story, with some surprises, unexpected things. We couldn't guess how it ends, making the film be more interesting and nice to watch.
Argo 2012,  R)
Looper 2012,  R)
Chaos 2005,  R)
Skyline 2010,  PG-13)
Skyline
Simply a masterpiece!

A movie like there are a few times a year.
1 of the best sci-fi movies ever!
Not far of the level of the Star Wars and Alien series; in a totally different genre. At least compared to Star Wars, cause the end of this film make think to Alien a bit.
This is a better movie than the excellent War of the Worlds (Spielberg's one; didn't see the old 1), The Day the Earth Stood Still (remake as I... same) Starship Troopers (the 1st, as the 2d is average), Men in Black (same than 4 ST)... better than the good Independence Day, Mars Attacks, Knowing... and of course way better than the average or bad Sunshine, Solaris (remake, with Clooney, 1 of the most boring movies ever) etc etc etc... No, I won't name all the sci-fi movies I saw in my life, don't worry. Even if you insist!
:P

The effects are great, the creatures are great (some of the best aliens I ever saw), the story is great (big applauses to the 2 scriptwriters, from who I'm impatient to see a new film), the music is great, the cast and the sets good.
Mix all that and you obtain a masterpiece!

It's a movie a bit scary, desperate, as it seems during most of it that you can't kill the aliens, nothing seems to be able to destroy them, as even a nuclear bomb isn't enough, as they can repair themself, regenerate also if you take out of them their brain.
So, it has suspense, lot of action, no dead time, not the so often useless happy ending, and that makes it be even better than it could've been if everyone was safe at the end.

Oh, and critics suck!
Come on you stupid dudes!
How can only 15% of you like it, when 75% of Flixster users did?
O_O
Same for the 3 of my "friends" (meaning the people who requested me and that I accepted for nothing, as most of you never wrote me any word nor took 1 min to play the quizzes I create 1stly for ya and share several times) who put 1 or 1,5 to it.
Go buy tastes people, seriously!
Willow 1988,  PG)
Willow
1 of my fav. childhood's movies.
A great heroïc fantasy, full of adventure, action, magic, touching moments...
A wonderful kind of fairy tale.
Slumdog Millionaire 2008,  R)
Slumdog Millionaire
Maybe better than I expected!

I was a bit against this movie, for having stolen so many oscars that the masterpiece Benjamin Button could've had.
But I was anyways very curious about it.
Danny Bolyle didn't make only wonderful movies, but he anyways never disappoited me too much.
And this 1 is 1 of his best movies ever.

Very violent (sometimes more psychologically than physically) in some scenes, but I knew it before to go to see it.
My mother who read the book didn't want to come to see it.
I told her after that I understood, considering she read those violent scenes, she didn't want to see them on screen.
But anyways, that's not a gore movie at all (and even if it was, yummy, I love them! Lol), and that's something to watch at least 1 time in your life.

I watched so many times this TV game, so, that's pretty cool to see it in a movie.
And the way the story's told is very good, using so much flash backs, sets in different periods of the hero's past.

The dive in the shit is the winner of the most disgusting scene in a movie I saw; at least since a very long time.
Yuck!
Awful!

Awful in a different way, are most of the movie's characters, making us not be very optimists about humanity.
More when all those are people existing in so many copies all around the world, and humanity produce even waaayyy worst creatures.
The pollution we find on the web is a baby game compared to what some are able to do, often without even the beginning of a good reason or excuse.
Anyways, let's stop the philosophic's minute!

To conclude, even if Benjamin Button deserved a lot more oscars, and more important ones, this Slumdog deserve the ones he won.
The Fast and the Furious 2001,  PG-13)
The Fast and the Furious
Worst than the 2d one, but better than the 3d.
Impatient to see the 4th anyway, cause Vin Diesel will be back, and he's the main reason for the 1st, to be good.
Immortals 2011,  R)
Mindhunters 2005,  R)
The Matrix 1999,  R)
The Matrix
A revolution, in all points of view
Teeth 2007,  R)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 2012,  PG-13)
Apollo 18 2011,  PG-13)
Apollo 18
Really less good than I thought, but anyway interesting.
Knight & Day 2010,  PG-13)
The Weather Man 2005,  R)
The Weather Man
1 of the rare movies of the great Nicolas Coppola I didn't see before.
I could not have seen it for what I can say now.
I really more wanna see The WICKER Man, with the specialist of the "Man" movies.
Indeed, he shot The Weather and The Wicker Man, but also Family Man and Matchstick MEn.
This one is better than Matchstick, but a bit worst than Family Man, and I bet a lot than The Wicker Man.
Maybe I'll see soon... I hope, but there are billions of movies I need to see more, so...
The Impossible 2012,  PG-13)
More Than Honey 2013,  Unrated)
Sexy Beast 2000,  R)
Sexy Beast
well well, that's made!
Another myth which collapses.
Well, myth is very exaggerated in this particular case, but let's say that this movie was on my list of movies to see since I had noted it, before its release, more than 12 years ago.
It didn't came out to theatre here, and it is not too bad, as it's better to see it " for free " on TV, considering the very low quality of the film, in spite of an interesting casting let's admit.
I'm not a fan of them, but it's necessary to recognize that Ben Kingsley, Ian McShane and Ray Winstone are not whoever nor bad actors.
Anyway, so much talking (a little as in a Tarantino's piece, but in worst indeed, even in really worst if we set as references the excellent Jackie Brown or very good Inglourious Basterds and even the pretty good Kill Bill movies and the average Deathproof), making us pray to see the famous hold up before the end.
And even during it, - which lasts a very short time in the movie -, there's almost no action as everything takes place like clockwork.
Even when that guns down a little, it's made so that we could fall asleep by seeing it, in front of the lack of punch with which it's made and the missing of conviction of the interpretations, in spite of, once again, the level of the casting.
In brief, to channel-flick; what I perhaps should 've made, but I almost never make it, even when it's much less good; as much as that's possible.
Virtuosity 1995,  R)
Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer 2007,  R)
Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer
Not the best (far away, although it's really good), but maybe the funniest horror movie of history.
I laughed so much so many times...
:D
Really better than I thought!
Screamers 1996,  R)
Trouble with the Curve 2012,  PG-13)
Silent Hill: Revelation 2012,  R)
The Order 2002,  R)
Inception 2010,  PG-13)
Inception
That's official people, we hold the 21st century's Matrix!

Indeed, as these movies are extremly different, as there are a lot of themes, of common points with the masterpiece Matrix is.
Speaking about masterpieces, this is definitely also one, which is, once again, not at all a monstrous pumping of Matrix.
A very original, complex film, one of the most crazy and extremist in certain senses that I saw; and I see hundreds of movies a year since decades.

And one more masterpiece for Mr Nolan, one. After Batman Begins, and more The Dark Knight.
Memento and Insomnia were strongs also.
There is thus hardly The Prestige that disappointed me in his filmo.
I didn't see the 2 he made before Memento.
Not a lot of people saw them, or even heard about.
Very impatient I am of his future Batman, the 7th of the series, planned for 2012. Long wait still... :(

Also an huge compliment to Hans Zimmer, for his great music, going so well with the film.

Finally, I'd conclude by saying that I rate movies on 5 on papers since soon 11 years, and, in very very rare cases, I put 5,5/5.
As you understood, it's the case for Inception.

Run see it!
Resident Evil: Afterlife 2010,  R)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 2012,  PG-13)
Boogeyman 2005,  R)
George of the Jungle 1997,  PG)
George of the Jungle
Kinda funny!
Not great!
Save the Last Dance 2001,  PG-13)
Save the Last Dance
The music is excellent
Good rap
Wreck-it Ralph 2012,  PG)
End of Watch 2012,  R)
Martyrs 2008,  R)
Martyrs
1 of the most violent movies I ever saw. Physically and psychologically.
The french version of Saw, or Hostel, but worse.
The people playing the supporting roles aren't good actors.
Gwoemul (The Host) 2007,  R)
Life of Pi 2012,  PG)
Urban Legend 1998,  R)
Urban Legend
Great idea of script
3:10 to Yuma 2007,  R)
3:10 to Yuma
A wonderful western.
1 of the best I ever saw.
The only pb is Russel Crowe.
Dumbo 1941,  G)
Dumbo
Not seen since a long time, but it's a very good Disney.
Dumbo's cute!
Gridiron Gang 2006,  PG-13)
Lucky Luke 2009,  G)
Lesbian Vampire Killers 2009,  R)
Infestation 2008,  R)
The Game 1997,  R)
The Game
Good idea of script!
Surprising end!
The biggest pb is the presence of Sean Penn in it.
V for Vendetta 2006,  R)

Comments (1)

Post a comment

Recent Comments

1. SweetyTerrorxXx
    SweetyTerrorxXx posted 19 months ago

Oh shit, 1 less than last year (as you can see on my other list).
    Hell, I wanted to see way more (specially as I own 700 movies and watch only some tens of them each year, so, I watched only 1 time most of them, even some I wanna rematch since 10 years and more).
    But that's really incredible that I watched the same number of movies 2 years in a row, just with 1 of difference.
    O_O
    I thought last weeks I'd like to see at least 1 more, or the same number, but that's too late now, I won't succeed.
    Anyway... happy new year to the good people, awful new year to the others.