In order of most nominations

Not including Foreign film, Documentary and Short film

Page Views
Comments
  Wazzuprg's Rating My Rating
Lincoln 2012,  PG-13)
Life of Pi 2012,  PG)
Life of Pi
An inspiring and touching story about hope and God. The cinematography and the settings are beautiful and give the ambiance a magical feeling. Great character development and a surprisingly moving relationship between a man and a tiger. Overall I loved the message of the film and I think this is the kind of movie spectacle that one wants to experience on the cinema.
Silver Linings Playbook 2012,  R)
Argo 2012,  R)
Argo
Ben Affleck really knows how to tell an interesting story. The characters are great, the events keep you thrilled with how will it all turn out. The script carries the film, I loved the movie references as well, and there was some effective humor in the right times. Take a break from your average Hollywood explosion and CGI fest with a story so incredible you won't believe it actually happened.
Les MisÚrables 2012,  PG-13)
Django Unchained 2012,  R)
Django Unchained
An exciting and really entertaining revenge western with some spectacular performances from all involved, specially from Dicaprio and Waltz. It┤s stylish and with just the right amount of over the topness. Tarantino once again brings a movie that┤s badass and fun to watch.
Zero Dark Thirty 2013,  R)
Skyfall 2012,  PG-13)
Skyfall
The latest James Bond installment is definitely one of the best, thanks to a better story, witty dialogue and an awesome villain. What really works in this movie is the character development. There┤s more emphasis on the motivations behind everyone involved on the mission. The director also brings back the charm that Bond required, and the acting is pretty great overall. But, as expected, Javier Bardem steals the show with a great performance as Silva, probably one of the most memorable villains in Bond history, although I think he needed more screen time. Needless to say the chase scenes and action sequences are nerve wracking, as well as the cinematography. All in all this is the perfect movie to watch if you like action movies with a good plot behind them.
Amour 2012,  PG-13)
Beasts of the Southern Wild 2012,  PG-13)
Anna Karenina 2012,  R)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 2012,  PG-13)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
The return to Middle Earth is a wonderful adventure that preserves the magic of this world and brings new excitement to the franchise. Let me start with the visual effects and the 3D, because honestly it's by far the best I've ever seen. There is so much detail in every frame and scene that you feel more involved with the enviroment. The cinematography is amazing and the new creatures are fantastic, as well. This time around the story focuses on Bilbo Baggins and a group of dwarves, while the dwarves may not be as interesting as the fellowship, they are likeable characters and bring more humor to the movie. Actually The Hobbit had way more comic relief than The Lord of the RIngs, thanks to the new characters. While it may have taken a little for the story to take off, I think every minute that we get to pass in this fantastic world is enjoyable. The Hobbit is no Lord of the Rings, we already know that, but it's really awesome nevertheless. Get ready for a new epic journey that is a pleasure for the eyes.
The Master 2012,  R)
Flight 2012,  R)
Snow White and the Huntsman 2012,  PG-13)
Snow White and the Huntsman
An entertaining retelling of the classic fairy tale with a great visual style. Charlize Theron was pretty great as the Evil Queen, but the rest of the cast was average. The story is pretty straight forward and it gets slow at times because of the underdeveloped characters. But despite the lack of substance, there are some good looking locations and cinematography.
The Impossible 2012,  PG-13)
Marvel's The Avengers 2012,  PG-13)
Marvel's The Avengers
All your anticipation will be rewarded. Everything worked perfectly, every character, every line, it was all worth it. There was even a good timing for some comic relief. Tony Stark is a scene stealer every time, yet the movie had a good balance between every character and just seeing them interact was really entertaining. The visual effects and action sequences are from the best I've seen and Hulk was actually way cooler than I expected him to be. What else can I say? Go check it out for yourself!
Prometheus 2012,  R)
Prometheus
An outstanding and original sci-fi movie that keeps you at the edge of your seat at every scene. I still feel uncertain to know if this is somehow related to Alien (There's only one scene at the end that hints that) but I will say that Prometheus takes an entirely different route in a good way. The characters are more interesting, specially David, who is played marvelously by Michael Fassbender, and the story is much more complicated and intriguing. Visually it;s stunning and there are some really intense moments through the whole film. It may bring more questions than answers but that's what makes that the movie stay with you afterwards. When a movie manages to get so many emotions out of you that's when I know I am in front of one I won't forget.
Wreck-it Ralph 2012,  PG)
Wreck-it Ralph
My favorite animated movie of the year. From it's amazing and colorful visuals to it's moving story, this is a fun movie for the whole family to enjoy. Sonic and other iconic characters from real videogames make some cool cameos, but they are not an essential part of the movie. The film doesn't rely on them, instead the heart of the film is with some original and memorable characters that work great when put together. All in all Wreck-It Ralph is full with details and references for nostalgic retro gamers, and is a heart warming experience for all ages.
ParaNorman 2012,  PG)
ParaNorman
An interesting plot with likeable characters, good looking stop motion and some pretty funny humor as well. This animated movie is very dark and maybe not suitable for the little kids, but older kids will have a blast. A story about being different that has some emotion and feels relatable, despite having zombies and ghosts.
The Pirates! Band of Misfits 2012,  PG)
Frankenweenie 2012,  PG)
Brave 2012,  PG)
Brave
I went with low expectations, but still I was a little disappointed considering this is a Pixar movie. The story and the characters just were not that interesting to me. Yes, It's a very cute movie and it succeeds in the emotions, plus the animation is great, but the plot was really predictable, and it felt unoriginal. The kids will love it though, specially girls, but I feel they could've done much more with the medieval setting to make this movie less forgetable.
Hitchcock 2012,  PG-13)
The Sessions 2012,  R)
Ted 2012,  R)
Ted
Typical story for a comedy, but the humor is really good. There are some hilarious references, and overall the dialogue is pretty funny. There's also a good relationship between the characters and basically the movie is everything you would expect from a teddy bear that does sex and drugs, altough with some heart on it. If you are looking for plenty of laughs with friends this is a great choice. Plus the ending is just priceless.

HIGH 7/10
Chasing Ice 2012,  PG-13)
Mirror Mirror 2012,  PG)

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments