close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

Top 10 - Films of 1992

1. SirPant
  2. Anthony

My Top 10 Favorite Films of 1992

Page Views
Comments
  SirPant's Rating My Rating
The Crying Game 1992,  R)
The Crying Game
A stunning film, one of my favourites of all time. People seem to have problems with the 'Secret' and badmouth it thanks to it being profusely spoofed by inferior comedies looking for a cheap laugh. If you have yet to see it, please watch it soon and without bias, it?s an absolute classic.
C'est arrivé près de chez vous (Man Bites Dog) (It Happened in Your Neighborhood) 1992,  NC-17)
C'est arrivé près de chez vous (Man Bites Dog) (It Happened in Your Neighborhood)
Benoit Poeloorde's performance is terrifying, his unpredictability makes for very tense viewing. This is a dark comedy, filmed as a documentary (with a Dogma feel about it), in striking B/W contrast, with the cast eventually becoming part of the story. It's very clever, very sick, quite funny and absolutely brilliant! That's why The Blair Witch Project ripped it off! Recommended for those of you without heart conditions!
Eddie Presley 1992,  Unrated)
Eddie Presley
This is the best example of how independent films with minimal budgets can still be great works of art. OK, so the lack of budget really shows but it takes nothing away from the story or the fantastic acting. Whitaker plays one of my favourite characters in film and he's supported by a whole host of great performers and also a couple of blink and you'll miss them cameo's. Find this film and watch it! It should be a classic by now and an independent film makers first port of call when they suffer from a lack of confidence. I love this film!!
Army of Darkness 1993,  R)
Army of Darkness
With out a doubt Bruce Campbell's best film. It's probably Sam Raimi's best too! (But only just in front of Crimewave). It's very quotable, very funny and loads of fun. Definitely in my top 10 favourite films of all time!
Glengarry Glen Ross 1992,  R)
Glengarry Glen Ross
This is acting at its finest with a dream team cast. Glengarry Glen Ross is captivating and utterly brilliant. The script, delivery, dialogue and chemistry are all there and it?s glorious! Jack Lemmon we miss you!
Bad Lieutenant 1992,  R)
Bad Lieutenant
A great film, one of Harvey Keitel's best performances! As much as I love Werner Herzog, it baffles me as to why the hell he?s remaking this?
Reservoir Dogs 1992,  R)
Reservoir Dogs
There is no denying that Quentin Tarantino is creative. I will say however that he has never produced a single original idea. Reservoir Dogs is a great film, a remake/reworking of Ringo Lam's City on Fire. I would also point out that its an improvement but there is no denying that Tarantino is a film fan who's films are so close to plagiarism, its a wonder how he's got away with it for so long. I guess its because he make great films!
In the Soup 1992,  R)
In the Soup
Steve Buscemi is always good but Seymour Cassel really steals the show in Alexandre Rockwell's cult comedy!
The Muppet Christmas Carol 1992,  G)
The Muppet Christmas Carol
I?m glad the Muppets didn?t die when Jim Henson did. His son did a good job here but it?s not quite the same! I still love the Muppets though!
Chaplin 1992,  PG-13)
Chaplin
A brilliant biography. Attenborough & Downey Jr bring Chaplin to life in this brutally honest adaption of his own autobiography. I particularly like Kline's Douglas Fairbanks in a supporting role.

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments