Share this link by email, IM, or post it anywhere

My Favorite Movies

Page Views
Comments
  fb1003038319's Rating My Rating
Dark City 1998,  R)
Thirteen Days 2000,  PG-13)
Thirteen Days
Another one of my top ten films. Totally awesome. If a movie manages to build drama out of an event that already took place, you know they are doing something right. This is a no nonsense film that tries to educate in dramatic fashion. Aside from Kevin Costner, a great cast with terrific performances. Bruce Greenwood is a terribly underrated actor. He's a very convincing JFK. Thankfully his strong performance cancels out Costner's weak one. I can't speak to the historical accuracy of the film, but it has to be very close. It comes across as very authentic and balanced. It doesn't come across as an overly pro or con JFK film, which is a good thing.
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World 2003,  PG-13)
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
One of my very favorite movies. Well written. I've never seen such an attention to detail like this. Everything about the film seems authentic. Great acting, even from the younger actors.
2001: A Space Odyssey 1968,  G)
Inception 2010,  PG-13)
Inception
Loved this movie!!! All star cast to the nth degree. Riveting and complex story that requires quite a bit of attention. I had to see it multiple times before really getting it. I didn't mind though.
Forbidden Planet 1956,  G)
The Thing from Another World 1951,  Unrated)
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 1977,  PG)
Patton 1970,  PG)
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers 2002,  PG-13)
Schindler's List 1993,  R)
Schindler's List
One of the most gut wrenching and horrifying movies I have ever seen. It's also one of the most important movies ever made. Every adult should see this.
Excalibur 1981,  R)
The Matrix 1999,  R)

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments