close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

My Favorite Films

Page Views
Comments
  fb100005121576675's Rating My Rating
The Lion King 2011,  G)
The Lion King
The Lion King is undeniably one of the best films ever made. It's my favorite movie of all time, and rightfully so. The music, characters, story, and animation are what stand out for me. A near perfect film for everyone to enjoy, literally.
Life of Pi 2012,  PG)
The Last Lions 2011,  PG)
African Cats 2011,  G)
Out of Africa 1985,  PG)
Titanic 1997,  PG-13)
Titanic
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this movie yet. Everything in this film is great, some may gripe that it is too long, but there isn't one scene in this that I would cut out. So there isn't really anyway to shorten it. The mixture of romance and disaster is what makes this so good as well as the fantastic job done by everyone involved in making this. Titanic is one of the reasons why movies are made. I would be in heaven if people made movies like this every day. Titanic is one of my top ten favorite films ever. 5/5
Beautiful Creatures 2013,  PG-13)
Horrible Bosses 2011,  R)
Fried Green Tomatoes 1991,  PG-13)
Remember the Titans 2000,  PG)
Remember the Titans
This movie is an entirely new direction for Disney to go. It has nothing to do with princesses or any fantasy. It deals with a sport and it isn't just about the sport. The sport gives the means to tell the story. Football is a lot of people's favorite sport, but this movie is really well done. Disney has shown that it can do something out of the ordinary and still make it great. It will teach a lesson about an important life lesson. You will need to see this to know what that is. My favorite sport movie is Remember the Titans. 4/5
The River Wild 1994,  PG-13)
Die Hard 1988,  R)
WALL-E 2008,  G)
Forrest Gump 1994,  PG-13)
Forrest Gump
This movie is what put Tom Hanks on the map. He owns the role of Forrest Gump like a pro. Another great performance was by Gary Sinise, he helped make the film even more enjoyable. As a result, this is one of the greatest movies ever made.
Jaws 1975,  PG)
Jurassic Park 1993,  PG-13)
Flicka 2006,  PG)
Flicka
Before I saw this film I didn't think I was going to like it. But when I watched the whole thing. It was surprisingly emotional, and I liked this film because of that.
The Passion of the Christ 2004,  R)
The Passion of the Christ
This movie is gruesome, and true. Everything that happens in here, pretty much happened. Maybe not exactly the same, but close.
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close 2012,  PG-13)
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
A film of raw emotions. And dealing with a dilemma that seems so unreal. A young boy having to suffer with the seemingly unreal event that changed his life forever.
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial 1982,  PG)
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
Spielberg's best film, in my opinion. And John William's best score, in my opinion. One of the best films ever made, in my opinion. Anyway, it's fantastic. No other word describes.
The King's Speech 2010,  PG-13)
Click 2006,  PG-13)
Click
This films is good, and I laughed in it. Also, it is better then Jack and Jill by far. Sandler isn't my favorite actor, but he does a good job in this.
The Longest Yard 2005,  PG-13)
The Longest Yard
I like this because it has some heartwarming stuff in it, and I like that. Stories about stand for what's right is golden to me, and this does it like a pro.
The Waterboy 1998,  PG-13)
The Waterboy
This is my favorite Adam Sandler film. His performance is quite outstanding. It seems he really cared about his character portrayal and the movie in general is really good.
The Shining 1980,  R)
The Shining
Still to this day this is the best Nicholson film ever, combined with the genius of Kubrick. This is what movies are all about.
The Bucket List 2007,  PG-13)
The Bucket List
Not just a movie for old folks, but a movie for everyone to enjoy. I fell in love with it the first time I saw this. Both Freeman, and Nicholson give great performances. And the scenery involved is outstanding.
Twister 1996,  PG-13)
Twister
A childhood favorite, I always love this film. The action is good, but some of the effects look obviously fake, but it 1996 what do you expect, Avatar?
Face/Off 1997,  R)
Saving Private Ryan 1998,  R)
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted 2012,  PG)
The Cable Guy 1996,  PG-13)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 1975,  R)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
One of the best if not the best Nicholson film in existence. Enough said.
My Sister's Keeper 2009,  PG-13)
My Sister's Keeper
I really don't know why people don't like this. It's a sad, but beautiful film with superb performances by everyone especially Baldwin, and Breslin. People who dislike just don't have a heart apparently.
It's Complicated 2009,  R)
It's Complicated
This movie is just downright funny. And awkward at times, but I forget about it because of the comedy and the performances by Streep, Baldwin, and Martin.
Homeward Bound - The Incredible Journey 1993,  G)
Bolt 2008,  PG)
How to Train Your Dragon 2010,  PG)
Toy Story 3 2010,  G)
Sling Blade 1996,  R)
Jerry Maguire 1996,  R)
The Blind Side 2009,  PG-13)
The Mummy 1999,  PG-13)
The Mummy
The action and suspense is good, but what really did it for me was the soundtrack by Goldsmith, such beautiful music involved in this. And the mummy is well done.
The Green Mile 1999,  R)
The Green Mile
I'm telling you. Every single actor in here do a great job. Not once did I see any weak acting. The Green Mile is a masterpiece having one of the worst on-screen deaths. It is an emotional rollercoaster full of tension, and mystery. Based on the Stephen King novel this book to film adaption does not disappoint.
The Mask 1994,  PG-13)
The Mask
Absolutely one of the best films from the year 1994 starring the comedic master Jim Carrey. His crazy acting style made him perfect for the role. In a way, he made this movie work, he brought talent and wit to make this one heck of a fun ride. I also like the feel of a cartoon, The Mask isn't perfect, but it is still very fun indeed.
Star Trek Into Darkness 2013,  PG-13)
Star Trek Into Darkness
I never grew up watching Star Trek, but knowing who popular it is, especially the films I had to check it out. This had a surprising amount of pretty much everything. It had action, heart, and drama. The acting was good, especially Pine and Quinto who seemed to give all of their effort into their performances. So now I respect the Star Trek franchise, and enjoyed this epic film.
Cast Away 2000,  PG-13)
Cast Away
I am a huge fan of Tom Hanks. He is such a good actor that he makes it look easy. In this film not much dialog and this is still a great film. It goes to show that you don't need words to make a great film. Tom Hanks is a master in his role. All in all if you like survival films, or you like Tom Hank's acting talent, then this is for you. 5/5
Argo 2012,  R)
Argo
A film filled with suspenseful and nail-biting effects with Ben Affleck directing this film. As a whole the film is one of the best of 2012 the mixture of mystery, suspense, and surprise really works in this resulting in a good film. It is worth watching for sure and I recommend it to anyone.
42 2013,  PG-13)
A movie at it's finest. 42, is a film that teaches you to not judge another person by their skin color. It is pointless, and you'll see it here in this movie. Jackie Robinson starts out playing and getting teased and bullied by other "white" players. No matter how much people teased him about his skin, he fought for the right to play the hard way. And he deserved it, too. The movie is about as true as you can get, and it will emotionally grab you, for anybody who knows Robinson's history, and supports this kind of thing will enjoy this movie. I never knew who Jackie Robinson was, until I saw this and it changed the way I look at life in a way. Harrison Ford is in this and he is still a great actor, his performance was the best of anybody in this. Boseman was also fantastic, having to act through some of the scenes is remarkable. As a whole, this is my favorite movie so far in 2013, everyone, and anyone should watch this instant classic. 5/5
True Grit 2010,  PG-13)
True Grit
This is one remake that doesn't disappoint. But who really does it for me is Jeff Bridges, his talent fit perfectly with the role of Rooster Cogburn. Better then Wayne? It depends on what you like, but they are equally great. Also, westerns aren't always about shootouts and guns and such. Although this does have that in it, but there is more then that. A great manhunt, and a wonderful journey along the way. Along with great acting, this is the best western in a long, long time. 4.5/5
Carrie 1976,  R)
Carrie
Carrie has to be one of the strangest films I've seen and very disturbing as well. The reason why it is strange to me is virtually everything in this. From the music, and camera work, to the story and mind-boggling unexpected scenes that left me in distraught. Heck, this film was full of them. Once again Mr. Stephen King manages to yet again crawl under my skin with is haunting and brilliant imagination. That, mixed with DePalma's directing and Spacek's acting talent results in me curling up in my blanket and begging for mommy. As this film truly does bring the most disturbing scenes in cinema history, at a prom? This film Carrie gets a well-deserved 4.5/5.

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments