close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

Movies of 2007

Page Views
Comments
  jjb3332003's Rating My Rating
Fracture 2007,  R)
Music and Lyrics 2007,  PG-13)
Music and Lyrics
When I first saw that Drew and Hugh were in a movie together I thought they would be so cute together. When I read reviews they seemed less than glowing. But I loved this movie, and I loved the two of them together. And both of them are actually not bad singers.
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street 2007,  R)
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
You can't go wrong with a movie based on romance, tragedy, and vengeance!
The Kite Runner 2007,  PG-13)
The Kite Runner
Wonderfully gripping multi-level story magnificently directed by the man who brought life to such classics as Finding Neverland and Monster's Ball (and who also brough ruin to the James Bond franchise in Quantum of Solace). Great acting, cinematography, and insight into recent Afghan history and culture.
Into the Wild 2007,  R)
Into the Wild
I'm always amazed at actors who completely transform their bodies for the screen and Emile Hirsch does such a job here. It was interesting to see all the different types of people he came in contact with on his journey and I particularily enjoyed the scene toward the end where we see how everybody's life he touched felt at his not being a part of theirs at that moment. Perhaps a bit slow for many viewers, and certainly depressing at the end, but a solid movie in all aspects and one which I recommend.
300 2007,  R)
The Reaping 2007,  R)
Blades of Glory 2007,  PG-13)
Blades of Glory
as funny as I thought it would be!
The Simpsons Movie 2007,  PG-13)
The Simpsons Movie
Just like a long episode - that's a good thing.
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry 2007,  PG-13)
Disturbia 2007,  PG-13)
The Lookout 2007,  R)
The Lookout
Don't let the teeny bopper start fool you; this is a solid piece of filmmaking. The actors were all fabulous - in particular Matthew Goode, who is unrecognizable as a smooth-talking baddie. And Joseph Gordon-Levitt sure reminds me of Heath Ledger here. I really liked the ending. Nice job, Scott Frank.
Shrek the Third 2007,  PG)
No Country for Old Men 2007,  R)
No Country for Old Men
Though I have enjoyed the more recent Coen Brothers films, nevertheless they are allocated a greater share of accolades than they typically deserve. This was no exception. That being said, this was certainly a gripping movie with powerful acting - in particular Javier Bardem and Barry Corbin. I thought the ending was weak however.
Vacancy 2007,  R)
Vacancy
Could have been a classic horror movie if it weren't for the fact the ending sucked ass.
Rise of the Footsoldier 2007,  R)
Rise of the Footsoldier
Gritty. The British version of Goodfellas.
Dead Silence 2007,  R)
Bridge to Terabithia 2007,  PG)
American Pie Presents: Beta House 2007,  R)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 2007,  PG-13)
Meet the Robinsons 2007,  G)
License to Wed 2007,  PG-13)
License to Wed
A typically cute romantic comedy.
Good Luck Chuck 2007,  R)
Knocked Up 2007,  R)
Once 2007,  R)
Once
At first I was a bit bored, but the touching music and sincerity of the characters drew me into their dream-like world.
The Hunting Party 2007,  R)
The Hunting Party
Quite good, especially if you believe governing authorities have their own agendas besides the will of the people they represent.
3:10 to Yuma 2007,  R)
3:10 to Yuma
Even though it felt like an 80's "bring 'em back alive" Vietnam movie as it went along, the story was good. James Mangold delivers yet another solid and steady directing effort. And, though I questioned the decision to cast Crowe and Bale, they both turned in great performances.
Ratatouille 2007,  G)
The Bourne Ultimatum 2007,  PG-13)
The Bourne Ultimatum
I rewatched all three Bourne movies in succession and, while the first two held up, this one fell flat. Partly this was due to inferior directing and scoring, partly due to annoying characters, and partly due to just feeling like they stretched the plot too thin.
Because I Said So 2007,  PG-13)
War (Rogue Assassin) 2007,  R)
War (Rogue Assassin)
The middle and ending were weak; otherwise tough, gritty, and action-packed.
Hairspray 2007,  PG)
Halloween 2007,  R)
Halloween
decent remake of the original - but it's rob zombie so expect much more gore and nudity
The Last Mimzy 2007,  PG)
Kickin' It Old Skool 2007,  PG-13)
Kickin' It Old Skool
If you are a fan of the 80's then this movie is for you. A great selection of music, a dose of feel-good, and stupid humor make this a poor man's Napoleon Dynamite.
The Air I Breathe 2008,  R)
The Air I Breathe
A movie that gets better as it goes. I like stories that tie unrelated characters together. Brendan Fraser's character was extra cool.
Joshua 2007,  R)
Joshua
A bit of The Omen with a dash of Rosemary's Baby in this tale of an extremely dysfunctional family and their evil spawn.
The Good Night 2007,  R)
The Good Night
This movie grew on me. I thought Jake Paltrow did a good job directing. Martin Freeman basically reprises his role from The Office - which isn't a bad thing. The scene in the bookstore when Simon Pegg's character says "Why are we in a fucking hobbit hole?" is a bit of a prescient moment.
No Reservations 2007,  PG)
You Kill Me 2007,  R)
Ghost Rider 2007,  PG-13)
A Mighty Heart 2007,  R)
A Mighty Heart
About like I expected - rather slow and unexciting. I didn't care for the jumpy directing style. But it was insightful from the foreign culture aspect.
Shanghai Kiss 2007,  Unrated)
Shanghai Kiss
Dislikable characters drag this movie down for most of it's running length, but it gets better at the end.
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium 2007,  G)
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
This movie is probably even better than I give it credit for. It walks the line between being both a good kids' movie and delivering a universal message. There are many fine quotes and scenes throughout. Zach Mills manages to not be annoying, as so many young actors tend to be, and Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman, and Jason Bateman are all endearing in their respective roles.
Alvin and the Chipmunks 2007,  PG)
Alvin and the Chipmunks
I thought this was better the first time I saw it, but it's still cute, mindless entertainment. Good casting job.
Balls of Fury 2007,  PG-13)
The Stone Angel 2007,  R)
The Stone Angel
What could've been a decent story a la "The Trip to Bountiful", "Away from Her," or "The Straight Story" is instead marred by weak directing and rambling writing. Cole Hauser has great presence though.
The Darjeeling Limited 2007,  R)
The Darjeeling Limited
It had it's funny moments, but overall this film is just all right.
La Ragazza del lago (The Girl by the Lake) 2007,  Unrated)
La Ragazza del lago (The Girl by the Lake)
Pretty boring, and the inspector was a rather unlikeable liar.
The Game Plan 2007,  PG)
Awake 2007,  R)
Awake
Somewhat original and moderately entertaining, but mostly transparent and silly.
Broken English 2007,  PG-13)
Broken English
I found this neither romantic nor comedic. The characters were pathetic and annoying, and the story fragmented.
Spider-Man 3 2007,  PG-13)
Spider-Man 3
The tormented character scenes (especially Dark Parker) were the highlights, sandwiched between cheesy cgi-based fight scenes. Kirsten Dunst...yuck, yuck, YUCK! And the editor missed an opportunity to save a minute of airtime and a bit of my stomach contents by leaving in the camera girl at the end.
Charm School 2007,  R)
Charm School
Moderately entertaining, but a bit too silly for my taste. It gets cute at the end, though ridiculously so.
P.S. I Love You 2007,  PG-13)
P.S. I Love You
It's always hard to like a movie when the main character is unlikeable. And, though there were some funny moments, the writing wasn't the greatest either.
Are We Done Yet? 2007,  PG)
Are We Done Yet?
Silly and so unrealistic but rather cute - good tunes too.
Blood Car 2007,  Unrated)
Blood Car
A dark comedy that goes beyond the genre by delivering a fine satirical message.
La Terza Madre (Mother of Tears: The Third Mother) 2007,  R)
La Terza Madre (Mother of Tears: The Third Mother)
This was silly, with some terrible acting; atrocious in Argento's case.
The Brave One 2007,  R)
The Brave One
*Yawn* If you're gonna do vigilante do it right. What a pretentious piece of crap.
Nightwatching (Nocna straz) 2007,  R)
Nightwatching (Nocna straz)
Yet another artsy fartsy movie about an artist.
Believers 2007,  R)
Believers
It's really hard to root for meatheads. The ending was pretty cool though.
Alpha Dog 2007,  R)
Alpha Dog
This movie was a mess; awful directing.
Gimme Skelter 2007,  Unrated)
Gimme Skelter
You can do a lot worse than this for a B-movie thriller.
Invasion of the Pod People 2007,  Unrated)
Invasion of the Pod People
Fragmented and nonsensical.
Detective Story 2007,  Unrated)
Detective Story
Nothing special here.
Waitress 2007,  PG-13)
Waitress
One of those movies that thinks it's cute and cool and simply isn't.
Pool Party 2007,  Unrated)
Pool Party
So bad it's funny
Recon 2022: The Mezzo Incident 2006,  PG)
Recon 2022: The Mezzo Incident
Another good movie to watch with a few beverages. So bad it's entertaining, especially the music.
Buried Alive 2007,  Unrated)
Buried Alive
This was lame.
Afro Samurai: Resurrection 2009,  Unrated)
Afro Samurai: Resurrection
Stylish, but not much substance.
Bee Movie 2007,  PG)
Bee Movie
Other than the general message that "bees are good," this was about as bad as I thought it'd "bee."
Disengagement 2007,  Unrated)
Disengagement
Poorly-directed political garbage. A wonderful cure for insomnia. Juliette Binoche was surprisngly BAD.
7 Angels in Eden 2008,  Unrated)
7 Angels in Eden
lame.
Happily N'ever After 2006,  PG)
BloodRayne II: Deliverance 2007,  R)
BloodRayne II: Deliverance
How the infamous Mr. Boll continues to get work is beyond my understanding.
Transformers 2007,  PG-13)
Transformers
Bay, LeBeouf, Fox...I was expecting to hate this. Considering they were just the tip of the iceberg of annoying factors I would say my expectations were met in spades. I have not been so utterly bored in quite some time.
Southland Tales 2007,  R)
Southland Tales
I don't even know if I will watch this whole thing; it is absolutely awful. Annoying actors, horrible writing/directing, and extreme pretention rule the day here.
Hack! 2007,  R)
Hack!
Was actually somewhat funny in the beginning but turned just plain stupid.
House on Hooter Hill 2007,  Unrated)
The Woods Have Eyes 2007,  Unrated)
The Woods Have Eyes
Some of the worst acting I have ever seen.
Hatchet 2006,  R)
Hatchet
This was really weak.

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments