Page Views
Comments
  jjb3332003's Rating My Rating
March of the Penguins 2005,  G)
Kingdom of Heaven 2005,  R)
Kingdom of Heaven
much better than Gladiator imho
Pride and Prejudice 2005,  PG)
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe 2005,  PG)
In Her Shoes 2005,  PG-13)
In Her Shoes
I was amazed what a wonderful movie this is, considering it features Cameron Diaz. But I should've known with Toni Collette and Shirley MacLaine being a part of it as well. It covers the whole spectrum of emotions, like any good movie should. And the Rocky allusion...well we know what I think of that. A+
The Crime of Padre Amaro 2002,  R)
The Crime of Padre Amaro
well deserving of it's best foreign language Oscar nomination
Time to Leave (Le Temps Qui Reste) 2005,  Unrated)
Time to Leave (Le Temps Qui Reste)
Francois Ozon continues to solidify his place on my list of favorite directors, adding yet another fabulous film to his resume.
Memoirs of a Geisha 2005,  PG-13)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 2005,  PG)
The Longest Yard 2005,  PG-13)
Just Friends 2005,  PG-13)
A History of Violence 2005,  R)
Prime 2005,  PG-13)
Guess Who 2005,  PG-13)
Guess Who
very cute remake
The Skeleton Key 2005,  PG-13)
The Skeleton Key
The music didn't annoy me as much as the first time I watched it. Good quality suspenseful movie. The ending would've been perfect if they didn't use it as the setup for a (probably lame) sequel.
The Squid and the Whale 2006,  R)
The Squid and the Whale
Very good coming-of-age film with genuine acting.
Douches froides (Cold Showers) 2005,  Unrated)
Douches froides (Cold Showers)
Highly complex; a true representation of real life and how quickly roles can be reversed. The characters are rich, even the minor ones. And there is an impending sense of foreboding throughout that keeps the story taut.
Hard Pill 2005,  Unrated)
Hard Pill
Being that this is an indie film, my expectations going into it were low. What a pleasant surprise! Extremely well-written and acted. The dialogue and the interaction between the people felt like real life. All of the characters were fleshed out wonderfully, and demonstrated that there is always much more to a person than meets the eye.
The Constant Gardener 2005,  R)
The Constant Gardener
slightly disappointed by this lush tale
The Girl in the CafÚ (The Girl in the Cafe) 2005,  Unrated)
The Girl in the CafÚ (The Girl in the Cafe)
How Bridget Jones 2 could be sandwiched between this and Love Actually in Richard Curtis' resume is beyond me. This was a very witty script backed by awesome directing and acting performances. An excellent dialogue-driven piece.
Rent 2005,  PG-13)
Rent
very good modern musical
Devour 2005,  R)
Devour
A pretty nifty little thriller. Skads better than fear dot.com.
The Interpreter 2005,  PG-13)
Walk the Line 2005,  PG-13)
Walk the Line
I like biopics, and this one was well-done.
Sophie Scholl: The Final Days 2005,  PG)
Sophie Scholl: The Final Days
Solid. The sun still does shine, even in the dark.
Waiting 2005,  R)
Waiting
Pretty funny.
Saw II 2005,  R)
Saw II
Just like the first one, the suspense and surprises build until the twist at the end. Unlike most reviewers, I was more surprised by this ending than the original. Both do a good job of presenting all the facts but somehow drawing your attention away before you can cogitate on it too much.
Naboer (Next Door) 2005,  Unrated)
Naboer (Next Door)
A creepy psychological thriller that packs a wallop in its short running length.
Edmond 2005,  R)
Edmond
Based on reviews I had read, I guess I expected this movie to be a bit more f'd up then it was. But instead of the movie, it was Edmond and the cast of characters he comes across in his one-night wanderings that were the messed up ones. A disturbingly real account of just how shitty life and people can be.
Fantastic Four 2005,  PG-13)
Wedding Crashers 2005,  R)
Chaos 2006,  R)
Chaos
Nicely directed action pic that could've been even better if it didn't get a bit silly and predictable toward the end.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 2005,  PG-13)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Probably the most melodramatic of the series, but still good.
The Perfect Man 2005,  PG)
The Exorcism of Emily Rose 2005,  PG-13)
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
I was disappointed that most of the action took place in the courtroom, but it was pretty good.
The Ringer 2005,  PG-13)
The 40 Year Old Virgin 2005,  R)
Hellraiser - Deader 2004,  R)
Hellraiser - Deader
This was the first movie in the Hellraiser series I had ever seen and I have to say I was pretty impressed. Up until the cheesy ending, it was full of suspense and disturbing images. In other words, elements a good horror movie should have. I am very interested in seeing the first one as I can only imagine it is the best of the series.
Lie With Me 2005,  Unrated)
Lie With Me
Based upon the number of negative reviews I've seen this movie will not strike a chord with everyone, but if you can manage to look beyond the overt use of sex you may possibly realize that it is only a means to masquerade the true message behind it - the power and ultimate frailty that comprise intimate relationshps. Excellent writing/directing from Mr. Virgo supported by some ballsy acting performances and a beautiful score.
En la Cama (In Bed) 2005,  Unrated)
En la Cama (In Bed)
Human nature and interaction, while rarely exciting, when presented right is never boring. This is a fine piece of filmmaking all-around.
The War Within (Over the Mountains) 2005,  R)
The War Within (Over the Mountains)
Great insight into the mind of a terrorist. A fabulously non-preachy political film.
Kimy˘ na sÔkasu (Strange Circus) 2005,  Unrated)
Kimy˘ na sÔkasu (Strange Circus)
Certainly strange, definitely disturbing, and confusingly thought-provoking.
Serenity 2005,  PG-13)
Don't Tell 2005,  R)
Don't Tell
A touching coming-to-terms story.
Sahara 2005,  PG-13)
Sahara
Entertaining.
Confessions of an American Girl 2002,  R)
Confessions of an American Girl
Nothing too special here. The darkness it touched upon in the middle never materialzed into anything more than haphazardness.
Monster-in-Law 2005,  PG-13)
Monster-in-Law
Pretty much your typical romantic comedy; In other words, decently entertaining. Jennifer Lopez is like Jennifer Anniston to me - highly annoying in real life, yet highly adorable on film. Hard to believe, but Jane Fonda was actually the weak link here.
Robots 2005,  PG)
Wild Camp 2005,  Unrated)
Two For the Money 2005,  R)
Two For the Money
I've seen better, I've seen worse.
Syriana 2005,  R)
Syriana
Interesting story shown from a variety of viewpoints, though a bit slow and confusing throughout.
Loverboy 2004,  R)
Loverboy
Somewhat entertaining and original; great supporting cast; nice ending.
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2005,  PG)
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
The first half was way too teeny-bopper. There were a few poignant moments, but they were all-to-brief. The second half was much better, but still full of just enough crappy music to make it all-in-all a so-so movie. Definitely a chick flick.
House of Sand (Casa de Areia) 2005,  R)
House of Sand (Casa de Areia)
While beautiful cinematographically, there wasn't much to this movie. And the sudden jumps in time and multiple-role characters were a bit annoying, even if they were meant to be symbolic.
8mm 2 2005,  R)
The Notorious Bettie Page 2005,  R)
The Notorious Bettie Page
A decent biopic. Mol is endearing as Ms. Page.
The Matador 2005,  R)
Single White Female 2: The Psycho 2005,  R)
Single White Female 2: The Psycho
Entertaining, but basically just a rehash of the much better original.
The Producers 2005,  PG-13)
The Producers
I have news for people that like the original...this version is better; good casting. Will Ferrell steals the show.
Secret Smile 2005,  Unrated)
Secret Smile
This was all right. The ending was pretty cool.
Red Eye 2005,  PG-13)
Red Eye
A little weak in execution, but an all right thriller.
Man Push Cart 2005,  Unrated)
Man Push Cart
A decent piece of filmmaking backed by a ever present feeling of despair.
Beauty Shop 2005,  PG-13)
Beauty Shop
OK; the cast is what makes it worth watching.
Sweet Land 2007,  PG)
Sweet Land
A nice story bookends a slow and boring film.
Cache (Hidden) 2005,  R)
Cache (Hidden)
A film with a lot of potential that eventually goes nowhere. And, yes, I do know about the "secret" at the end. It explains nothing. Movies that are enigmatic purely for enigma's sake are rather trite.
Drop Dead Sexy 2006,  R)
Keep Your Distance 2004,  R)
Keep Your Distance
Moderately entertaining. Everytime I thought it was getting better it took a step back again.
Carlito's Way: Rise to Power 2005,  R)
Carlito's Way: Rise to Power
If you view this movie as a stand-alone feature with no affiliation to the original then it's not too bad. The main problem it runs into is cramming what should be a three hour plotline into half that time. So, while the story is interesting, it suffers from inadequate presentation.
Silence Becomes You 2005,  R)
Experiment 2005,  R)
Experiment
The plot actually is quite interesting, but it would've been better served by a more experienced director.
Iowa 2005,  Unrated)
Iowa
Not nearly as bad as the reviews here indicate, but there wasn't a whole lot that made it good either.
The Family Stone 2005,  PG-13)
The Family Stone
Pretentious and painful. It's really hard to like a movie with a dearth of likeable characters. I would say it's damn near impossible not to like anybody Luke Wilson plays; Rachel McAdams, however. is as annoying as ever. The ending is nice however.
Shooting Gallery 2005,  R)
Shooting Gallery
What Rounders did for poker this tries to do for pool. Unfortunately it falls well short of the mark.
Standing Still 2005,  R)
Standing Still
The end was all right, but mostly this was just annoying.
Chaos 2005,  R)
Chaos
There was actually some good acting and some very realistically disturbing scenes here. The end was intense. But trying to act like it's an original piece of work...please.
Into the Sun 2005,  R)
Into the Sun
This was a garbled mess, but the end fight sequence helped.
Shadowboxer 2005,  R)
Shadowboxer
The concept sounded intriguing, but this was a bit too weird and the directing lame.
La Petite JÚrusalem (Little Jerusalem) 2005,  Unrated)
La Petite JÚrusalem (Little Jerusalem)
Boring at first, and slow-moving, but it gets better.
Are We There Yet? 2003,  PG)
Cursed 2005,  R)
Cursed
The ending got really lame when everybody was a werewolf.
A Lot Like Love 2005,  PG-13)
A Lot Like Love
Usually liking movies Ashton and Amanda are in I wanted to like this movie. After reading the promo though I was quite skeptical - with good reason. This film was horrible. I don't blame the actors as they had decent chemistry and carried out their roles, but the writing was weak, the plot ridiculous, and it made horrible use of music (ruining some otherwise good songs). There also seemed moments where the director had the actors ad-lib and the attempts at humor in these spots was just lame. Thumbs down.
The Lost 2006,  R)
The Lost
Reminded me of American Psycho, but nowhere near as well done. Concentrated more on delivering shock value than on the actual production.
Side Effects 2005,  R)
Side Effects
An extremely low-budget film that borders on documentary at times, and overly preaches often.
Snapped 2004,  R)
Snapped
Pretty dumb.
Niagara Motel 2005,  PG-13)
Niagara Motel
Boring.
The Brothers Grimm 2005,  PG-13)
The Brothers Grimm
Starts out mildly interesting, but becomes just plain silly; typical Gilliam.
The New World 2005,  PG-13)
The New World
Though often beautiful cinematographically, the English Patient-like music and the Apocalypse Now-like narative made this movie just plain laughable in it's attempt at being artistic. And the extremely boring second half reminded me just how overrated Terrence Malik is.
The Wedding Date 2005,  PG-13)
The Wedding Date
Weak story, poor casting, corny soundtrack, and awful chemistry made for a long hour and a half.
Mr. & Mrs. Smith 2005,  PG-13)
Feast 2006,  R)
Feast
L-A-M-E
Bound By Lies 2004,  R)
Bound By Lies
ah,the Baldwin brothers...such great actors.
Confess 2005,  R)
Confess
Pretentious piece of garabage
2001 Maniacs 2004,  R)
2001 Maniacs
Take it for it is - a silly horror movie - and you may be entertained.
Green River Killer 2005,  R)
Green River Killer
There are much better versions of this story than this movie.
The Slaughterhouse Massacre (Sickle) 2004,  R)

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments