Comments
  jjb3332003's Rating My Rating
The House of the Spirits 1994,  R)
The House of the Spirits
great period piece set in civil war-torn Chile
The Piano 1993,  R)
Mr. Wonderful 1993,  PG-13)
Mr. Wonderful
I knew before that I liked this movie, I now realize I love it. Any story based so much on everyday life laced with an intricacy of characters always arouses a certain level of emotion in me. Mr. Minghella brings his magic touch to the screen here, as he so often did.
The Man Without a Face 1993,  PG-13)
The Man Without a Face
It took a awhile for this to become the movie I thought it was going to be. A mix of The Elephant Man, Karate Kid, Hearts in Atlantis, and Dead Poets Society. All-around good acting and a fine directorial debut by Mel Gibson.
The Remains of the Day 1993,  PG)
Mrs. Doubtfire 1993,  PG-13)
Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story 1993,  PG-13)
Rudy 1993,  PG)
Short Cuts 1993,  R)
The Joy Luck Club 1993,  R)
The Joy Luck Club
great chick flick
What's Eating Gilbert Grape 1993,  PG-13)
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
A very moving account of a family's ability to maintain unity throughout trials and tribulations.
Sleepless in Seattle 1993,  PG)
So I Married an Axe Murderer 1993,  PG-13)
Untamed Heart 1993,  PG-13)
Body of Evidence 1992,  R)
Body of Evidence
Despite being a blatant rip-off of Basic Instinct, I don't understand the bashing of this movie, Like it's predecessor, it manages to overcome a weak leading actress by relying on a tight script, highly-capable leading actor, and steamy sex scenes..
The Firm 1993,  R)
The Fugitive 1993,  PG-13)
Philadelphia 1993,  PG-13)
Ethan Frome 1993,  PG)
Cool Runnings 1993,  PG)
Grumpy Old Men 1993,  PG-13)
Huevos de oro (Golden Balls) 1993,  Unrated)
Huevos de oro (Golden Balls)
I really liked this movie. Though not a gangster flick, it reminded me a bit of Scarface, showing the rise and fall of Benito's personal and professional life and aspirations. It was very artistically presented and set to a good musical score. It also featured a strong cast of some recognizable Hispanic performers long before they found mainsteam US exposure.
Free Willy 1993,  PG)
Point of No Return (The Assassin) 1993,  R)
Groundhog Day 1993,  PG)
Nowhere to Run 1993,  R)
Tombstone 1993,  R)
Sommersby 1993,  PG-13)
Sommersby
Despite being corny at times, any movie using honor as a key element is a good thing. James Earl Jones is awesome here. I still need to see the original - The Return of Martin Guerre.
Shadowlands 1993,  PG)
Shadowlands
Interesting and sad story with an all-star cast and some memorable quotes.
Excessive Force 1993,  R)
The Cement Garden 1992,  Unrated)
The Cement Garden
A bit disturbing but a good movie nonetheless. I especially liked the detached narration while Jack read his book.
Schindler's List 1993,  R)
Poetic Justice 1993,  R)
Homeward Bound - The Incredible Journey 1993,  G)
Homeward Bound - The Incredible Journey
Good non-cartoon family fun. Very cute, though Michael J. Fox's readily distinguishable voice was more of a distraction than an asset.
Searching for Bobby Fischer 1993,  PG)
The Nightmare Before Christmas 1993,  PG)
The Nightmare Before Christmas
A couple of good songs by the minor characters and a moderately interesting plot, but it feels too much like a ripoff of The Grinch and is a bit too hokey at times to make this any more than mildly entertaining.
Carlito's Way 1993,  R)
Carlito's Way
Sorry, dude. Trying to remake Scarface just doesn't work this time. I think De Palma had a midlife crisis when he hit 50 because all the movies I've seen him do since then have typically been overdramatic. Throw in a poor choice of music, the horrible acting job by Penelope Ann Miller, and the just plain annoying narration and this is the result. Sean Penn's performance, as always, was stellar.
Hot Shots! Part Deux 1993,  PG-13)
Hot Shots! Part Deux
Some funny parts, some stupid parts. Overall, good mindless fun.
Trauma (Dario Argento's Trauma) 1993,  R)
Trauma (Dario Argento's Trauma)
The story was somewhat interesting, but the execution was lacking.
Much Ado About Nothing 1993,  PG-13)
Much Ado About Nothing
What can I say, it's Shakespeare. Keanu Reeves and Denzel Washington were horribly miscast but, thankfully, Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh shine in their roles.
Amityville - New Generation 1993,  R)
Amityville - New Generation
Not too bad, considering it's the 7th film of the franchise.
Dangerous Game 1993,  R)
Dangerous Game
I'm typically not a fan of movies about movies, but in this case the benefit is not having to take Madonna's performance seriously.
Woman Of Desire 1993,  R)
Woman Of Desire
A rather humdrum thriller. Bo Derek is quite hot here though.
Fit to Kill 1993,  R)
To Sleep With a Vampire 1993,  R)
Demolition Man 1993,  R)
Demolition Man
I remember seeing this when it first came out, thinking it wasn't half-bad. What the HELL was I thinking?! This movie was everything that is bad - horrendous casting and acting, god-awful script, stupid plot, and blatantly commercial product-placement. About the only thing it didn't do wrong was leave itself open for a sequel.

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments