close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

Movies of 1979

Page Views
Comments
  jjb3332003's Rating My Rating
Apocalypse Now 1979,  R)
Rocky II 1979,  PG)
Kramer vs. Kramer 1979,  PG)
The Wanderers 1973,  R)
The Lady in Red 1982,  R)
Die Blechtrommel (The Tin Drum) 1979,  R)
Hardcore 1979,  R)
The Jerk 1979,  R)
The Jerk
Not quite the classic I remembered but still very funny and cute. Steve Martin is always great.
The Muppet Movie 1979,  G)
The Muppet Movie
Cute, like anything Muppets usually is.
Manhattan 1979,  R)
Manhattan
I'm thinking I just wasn't in the mood as this is as good, or better, than the others.
(So I'm not sure if I'm losing my penchant for Woody Allen movies or if the last two I've seen have just not quite fit my tastes. There were quite a few witty quips, like there always are, but the b & w didn't seem to fit the film. It's too bad Meryl Streep didn't get more screen time than Diane Keaton or Mariel Hemingway, perhaps that would've helped...)
Moonraker 1979,  PG)
Hair 1979,  PG)
Salem's Lot 1979,  PG)
Caligula 1979,  R)
Caligula
The story is lavish, the presentation audacious, and the musical score grandiose. All backed by such fine performers as Helen Mirren, Peter O'Toole, and Malcolm McDowell.
1941 1979,  PG)
The Electric Horseman 1979,  PG)
The Electric Horseman
The second half was better than the first. And it was good to see the horse let go.
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe 1979,  Unrated)
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Not a very compelling version of this classic tale.
The Rose 1979,  R)
The Rose
Well-made and well-performed, just not really my thing, despite the beautiful titular song.
10 1979,  R)
Just a man going through a mid-life crisis - rather boring. Though Henry Mancini's Oscar-nominated score is quite good.
The Great Santini 1979,  PG)
The Great Santini
Pretty much bad all-around.
Collections privées (Private Collections) 1979,  Unrated)
Collections privées (Private Collections)
I actually liked the first story.

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments