close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

Most anticipated movies of 2013!

Page Views
Comments
  moviemasterfreak's Rating My Rating
Evil Dead 2013,  R)
A Good Day To Die Hard 2013,  R)
The Place Beyond The Pines 2013,  R)
The Place Beyond The Pines
The Place Beyond the Pines is the best movie I've seen this year so far and I cannot imagine another movie topping this. This film provided me one of the best experiences I've ever had in the theater. The Place Beyond the Pines is an ambitious, suspenseful, unpredictable, beautiful, emotional and powerfully acted movie that will refuse to leave your subconscious. Every actor is at the top of their game with such powerful performances. Ryan Gosling is a monster playing a character so intense that he has some of the most suspenseful scenes I've ever seen in a movie. Bradley Cooper gives an Oscar nominated performance playing a character so ambitious and so emotional that he almost made me tear up at the end. Dane DeHaan once again shows he is a star in the making with this movie. Eva Mendes, Ray Liotta and Ben Mendelsohn are all terrific. From the opening scene to the ending shot, I would not take my eyes off the screen because I was so emotionally invested with this movie and it's terrific story. The Place Beyond the Pines is a perfect example that shows why we go to the movies and is a movie that almost everyone should experience for themselves. I will for sure be seeing this movie again and I hope more people see it because this is one of the most challenging movies I have ever seen and one of the best movies I will ever see in my life.
G.I. Joe: Retaliation 2013,  PG-13)
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
I'll admit it; I kinda liked the first G.I. Joe movie. Was it a good movie? No, but it knew what it wanted to be; a dumb but fun summer blockbuster. Is G.I. Joe: Retaliation better than the first movie? Well... kind of. I will say I do like how this movie is more down-to-earth and the casting is a lot better. The biggest problem with G.I. Joe: Retaliation is that the script feels so disjointed there are certain subplots that feel rushed and don't make a lot of sense. Also, with this being somewhat of reboot; certain characters do not return from the first movie and they either don't show up or are killed off, but I felt the movie should've really went in depth to at least what happened to them. I know they want to forget about the first but give me something. Nevertheless, this movie is trying to accomplish one thing only and that is to entertain the summer audience. If you're a fan of the cartoon or the toys, then you'll dig this movie. Which by the way, I will credit Jon Chu for making this feel like a real G.I. Joe and I'm sure Paramount will want him back to do the third movie (if this movie is a success which I'm sure it will be). This movie is a lot of fun, I was expecting more though.
Oz the Great and Powerful 2013,  PG)
Trance 2013,  R)
Oblivion 2013,  PG-13)
Pain & Gain 2013,  R)
Iron Man 3 2013,  PG-13)
Star Trek Into Darkness 2013,  PG-13)
Fast & Furious 6 2013,  PG-13)
Man of Steel 2013,  PG-13)

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments