Favorite Movies of 2008

Page Views
Comments
  TheKingOfComedy83's Rating My Rating
The Dark Knight 2008,  PG-13)
The Dark Knight
Christopher Nolans second entry in his batman trilogy is not only my favoite movie, but has to be one of the most beautifully put together movies in cinema history. From the breathtaking prolouge to the final Harvey Dent/Two-Face confrontation. The Dark Knight is a nonstop thrill ride that is much more than your average superhero movie. What Christopher Nolan has crafted here is not only the best superhero movie ever created but quite possibly one of the best action movies out there. This is a masterful piece of filmaking that displays a flawless tale of good vs evil. In my opinion, The Dark Knight surpasses its predeccesor and goes far beyond expectations. Everything that made Batman Begins so great is displayed once again but even bigger and bolder. In my eyes, a movie cant get any better than this. A stellar cast, brilliantly written script and incredible directing all contribute to this movies greatness. There are so many things I can say about this movie that has been said a million times already but i will go ahead and say them anyways. First off Heath Ledgers performance as The Joker is nothing short of amazing. The whole cast was great and delivered excellent performances but Heath Ledgers has to be the most intense. He dissapeared under the clown shoes and makeup and gave us one hell of a performance. The Joker is not your average villian, hes a smart, humorous, crazy psychopath that will stop at nothing. I personally believe that Heath Ledgers Joker has to be one of, if not the best villian of all time. Heath Ledger displays pure evil in a way that has never been done before. Its a shame he passed away because his performance was truly jaw dropping. He deserved every ounce of that Oscar and it really angers me when people say he only won it because he died. Another notable performance is Christian Bale as Batman. I believe that his performance, not just in this movie but, in the whole "Dark Knight" trilogy is truly underated. Everybody always talks about Heath Ledger but Christian Bale gave us three phenomal performances and and hardly gets any recognition for it. Another thing worth mentioning is Hans Zimmers score. The movies' soundtrack is just beautiful in every sense of word and was only topped two years later with "Inception". Not only is the soundtrack amazing but the sound editing is truly the best ever put in film. As far as the plot goes, The Dark Knight boasts an excellent story. The plot has numerous things going on and it is very hard to tear your eyes away from the screen. Some people argue that the whole crime/mob idea is boring and unnessesary. I disagree and say that it adds more depth and realism to the story. One thing that really stunned me was the cinematography. This movie was expertly crafted and no other director could have made it as well as Nolan did. Example would be the Swat team raid on the building. The camera angles and the stunts were just made in perfection because, unlike many other high budget directors... cough... cough... Michael Bay, Christopher Nolan actually takes him time with his movies and doesnt overload them with fancy special effects. If you want a masterful superhero/action movie then definitely check this out because you will not be dissapointed. This is Christopher Nolans masterpiece as it has never been topped by any of his following movies. He has nearly equaled them with "Inception" and "The Dark Knight Rises" but they failed to capture the intensity that The Dark Knight had. Christopher Nolan has already made infleunces on many directors all because of this. When I came into this movie, I knew I was going to be in for a treat because of the critical praise but man was I blown away. I had no idea how a movie can surpass such hype expectations and even surpass its predeccesor. I loved Batman Begins but this just succeeded it on many levels. The Dark Knight was overlooked at the Oscars and The Academy for some reason doesnt appreciate Nolans talents. He brought life back to the once dead franchise and gave us three flawless epics that will remain as one of the greatest trilogies of all time. The Dark Knight made it possible for a superhero movie to be very highly accepted and will remain as the best in not only the superhero genre, but the action genre for many years to come.
Iron Man 2008,  PG-13)
WALL-E 2008,  G)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button 2008,  PG-13)
Slumdog Millionaire 2008,  R)
Gran Torino 2008,  R)
Changeling 2008,  R)
Taken 2008,  PG-13)
Tropic Thunder 2008,  R)
Wanted 2008,  R)

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments