Share this List

Share this link by email, IM, or post it anywhere

Best Picture Nominees 2013

1. bartonsa
  2. Samuel

The nine films in the running for the highest film honor there is.

Page Views
Comments
  bartonsa's Rating My Rating
Amour 2012,  PG-13)
Amour
Everything about this movie, even the slow pace that should deter most from "Amour", makes it that much better. A spectacular film.
Argo 2012,  R)
Argo
A fantastic recreation of one of the most famous events in CIA history. If you didn't like this film, Argo fuck yourself.
Beasts of the Southern Wild 2012,  PG-13)
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Most of the movie goes in no real direction, but the emotional payout at the end, helped immensely by Quvenzhane Wallis' wonderful acting, makes it all worth it.
Django Unchained 2012,  R)
Django Unchained
Much of it is just a fun ride, but the very drawn-out ending and some just plain bizarre moments prevent this great film from being excellent.
Les Misérables 2012,  PG-13)
Les Misérables
The best musical I've ever seen. That may not say much, but it's still a fantastic feat. On a related note, Anne Hathaway's about to win an Oscar.
Life of Pi 2012,  PG)
Life of Pi
Emotionally wonderful, visually breathtaking, and always inspiring, literally everything about "Life of Pi" is amazing. The best movie of 2012.
Lincoln 2012,  PG-13)
Lincoln
Daniel Day-Lewis's acting almost makes the entire movie, but Spielberg's superb directing, plus some great supporting performances, is what makes "Lincoln" fantastic.
Silver Linings Playbook 2012,  R)
Silver Linings Playbook
The laughs in this film are great, but the fantastically acted characters are what makes this movie so wonderfully enjoyable.
Zero Dark Thirty 2013,  R)
Zero Dark Thirty
The tone of the movie itself - which, contrary to popular belief, is non-bias - fits the situation well, but I was definitely expecting more from Jessica Chastain.

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments