close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

Best Movies Ever!

Page Views
Comments
  nmweinstein's Rating My Rating
Forrest Gump 1994,  PG-13)
Forrest Gump
Wonderful movie! One of the best movies I've ever seen!

10/10
The Dark Knight Rises 2012,  PG-13)
The Dark Knight Rises
Now this is what I call the best conclusion to a trilogy ever! This was in many ways the best of the three batman movies, and it's also the Best Movie of 2012 period. This movie also has the honor of being my 200th Flixster review.

Ok then, so this movie is set eight years after The Dark Knight, Gotham has been "prospering" now that Gordon has told a lie to all of Gotham that Batman is a criminal and the city goes forward with the Harvey Dent act (which I forgot what exactly that was but I'm assuming it means arresting many criminals). Now a new terrorist leader Bane has risen to power along with a massive army and take over Gotham, Now it's up to Batman and the police to save Gotham before its too late. Now I don't want to spoil anything about the story because there are so many good twists and turns to it. Now I will get to the many things that made this movie a huge sucess.

ACTING: The acting was absolutely wonderful, everyone played their part extremely well in this movie. Christian Bale played Batman the best in this movie. He really stepped up his performance in this movie, though I didn't think there was enough of him in the movie surpisingly. Micheal Caine was a great Alfred as usual, Tom Hardy was a really good Bane (that was such a creepy voice Bane had) and Anne Hathaway=Genious as Catwoman, great job on your part. Also Joseph Gordon Levitt was terrific as John Blake, he was in it way more than I thought he would be and if you ask me he was the real star of the movie. Everyone else, not one dull moment.

DIRECTING: Christopher Nolan did a remarkable job directing this movie (and writing it). A lot of credit really should go to him for all the wonderfully crafted and extremely well done scenes (which was pretty much all the movie). Also wonderful cinematography. This also has a very sad depressing tone to it that worked very well in the movie. If you thought Batman Begins and The Dark Knight was sad and dark, wait till you see this. Nothing short of excellence in terms of the directing.

OTHER STUFF: Excellent editing, also very good lines and really great twists. Also nice touches with the Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow cameos. This also has a beautiful score by Hans Zimmer.

Overall, this was an excellent way to conclude Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy. Christopher Nolan tied everything up so well and ended the series on a great note. This makes The Avengers look like nothing (no offense Marvel but The Avengers was an awesome movie though) Like I said before this is easily the Best Movie of 2012 period.

Also this review is dedicated to the innocent lives lost and hurt in the Colorado midnight shooting. It is very tragic something like that would happen especially at an amazing place like the movie theater. My heart goes out to you guys and I hope the state can recover easily.

10/10
Batman Begins 2005,  PG-13)
Batman Begins
I really liked this movie. It was a dark, fun, well written movie. Its a very good story and a very good movie.
10/10
The Dark Knight 2008,  PG-13)
The Dark Knight
I liked this movie alot. One of the best superhero movies Ive watched! Rest in Peace Heath Ledger, you were amazing.
10/10
Iron Man 2008,  PG-13)
Iron Man
This movie was awesome I saw it twice in the theater back in 2008. This movie made me love Iron Man. Also I have such fond memories of watching this. Great Times!
10/10
Almost Famous 2000,  R)
Almost Famous
Man what a movie! Almost famous is a brilliant and excellent film with a wonderful cast, great directing and one of the best scripts ever written period. I really enjoyed this movie and how it was filmed also. Though the camera was a bit shaky, every shot was really done and really terrific. All the phone call gags in this film were awesome, and the best phone call gags in a movie I've ever seen. The movie also has some really great rock music in it! I especially loved that scene where everyone sings Tiny Dancer in the van. Overall, this was an excellent movie and this beats School of Rock in my book as the greatest rock movie ever. Well done Cameron Crowe!
10/10
Toy Story 3 2010,  G)
Toy Story 3
I loved this movie definitely one of Pixar's Best! This movie brought back so many childhood memories. This was terrific in every way! Also, how could you not be crying in the last 20 minutes of the movie. An amazing conclusion to this excellent trilogy.
10/10
Star Trek 2009,  PG-13)
Star Trek
I loved this movie. Now I was never a fan of Star Trek but I really enjoyed this. Everything about it was so well done the camera work, acting, special effects, script, and directing are all spot on. JJ Abrams did a wonderful job making this movie. Overall awesome movie, and I can't wait for the sequel.
10/10
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 1977,  PG)
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
Wonderful Movie! Probably my favorite movie ever! Brilliant in all standards! It is a marvelous movie!

10/10
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back 1980,  PG)
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
Another wonderful movie! I absolutely loved it!

10/10
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi 1983,  PG)
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
Wonderful ending to such a wonderful trilogy of movies. Star Wars is awesome!

10/10
Looper 2012,  R)
Looper
Now heres my full on review that this movie truly deserves.
This past summer, there have been tons of great flicks like The Avengers, Prometheus, Madagascar 3, and my favorite of all, The Dark Knight Rises. But even though they were all great, theres still something sorely lacking in Hollywood these days and that is originality. That being said, this was a complete breath of fresh air into the action sci-fi genre, and is definitely one of the most unique movies I've seen in a long time.
Now, the story is set in 2070, and the story follows Joe, a hit-man who kills people from the future and one day he stumbles upon the future version of himself and once he gets away, this turns into an insanely complicated, but awesome plot! Thats pretty much what i'll say about this without giving too much away, but my advice, its a must watch!

The acting is awesome in this movie, Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays his character as if he's a younger Bruce Willis and man did he pull it off so well it was so freaking awesome. Bruce Willis did a really good job too, though he is more secondary of a character in this(well JGL and Bruce Willis are the same character but the younger version is featured more), his character is so well developed while at the same time kicks tons of ass.

The directing and writing was one of the best things about the movie, Rian Johnson did a terrific job with this and you could tell the guy was so passionate about this project. This also had wonderful cinematography and lighting. It had a very movie like look to it and that alone deserves a round of applause. The script was also very hooking and very engaging and it's very unpredictable.

Overall, this was a genius movie and one of the best movies of the year. it's compelling, engaging, and very well acted, written, and directed. Well done Rian Johnson! Well done!

UPDATE 1/1/13: You know what, I just watched this again, I loved it more. This has got to be one of my favorite movies ever. I tie this with The Dark Knight Rises as my favorite movie of the year!
10/10

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments