Best movies 1991

1. rojastortu
  2. Luis Diego

In order the best films I saw from 1991!

Page Views
Comments
  rojastortu's Rating My Rating
A Brighter Summer Day 1991,  Unrated)
A Brighter Summer Day
The lost 4-hour long Chinese epic that can only be found on google video, is a summary of everything cinema is all about. A cruel and captivating story about growing up in a hostile environment.
The Silence of the Lambs 1991,  R)
The Silence of the Lambs
A true experience when the writter, director, and performers are in a great mood. Anthony Hopkins and Jodie Foster are perfect as the characters, and Jonathan Demme can't get you out of your seat. Best movie 1991... and maybe the best thriller out there! I applaud the whole cast and crew for their audacity in managing the emotions of people and controlling the nerves of the viewer to create one of the most emblematic film of the 90's.
Delicatessen 1991,  R)
Delicatessen
Great film made in Jeunet's (and Caro's) vision on magical surrealism and a well made cinematography-art decoration mixure to create a unique atmosphere, such as the work in Amélie. They directed it to perfection, though it has some similarities to Gilliam's Brazil, it's kinda unique in its style. It also treats a fashionable theme nowadays: the apocalyptic future that is aheading some years from now, when food will be even more important than a human life, and insanity is all over the place. Very good.
Terminator 2: Judgment Day 1991,  R)
Beauty and the Beast 1991,  G)
Beauty and the Beast
This is one of the movies I grew up with, along with The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Aladdin, etc... But this is one of my favorites, it wasn't for nothing it became the first animated film to be nominated for Best Picture in the Academy Awards. One of the greatest love stories ever made, sincere and full of emotions. This movies is the perfect portrait of the real effects women have on men, even the hardest of us falls in love and shows up the romantic side. With great great music and songs, all unforgettable (Belle, Be Our Guest, Beauty and the Beast, etc) and one of the most magical and greatest scenes ever on animation: the dinner musical for the song "Be Our Guest", amazing! A perfect movie for all ages and that will last for many years.
Thelma & Louise 1991,  R)
Rock-A-Doodle 1992,  G)
Boyz n the Hood 1991,  R)
JFK 1992,  R)
Bugsy 1991,  R)
The Prince of Tides 1991,  R)
Cape Fear 1991,  R)
My Own Private Idaho 1991,  R)
Naked Lunch 1991,  R)

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments