close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

1. worleyjamers
  2. Jameson

All the films I have seen from 2001.

**** Memento (2002 Academy Award Nominee). ****

Page Views
Comments
  worleyjamers's Rating My Rating
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 2001,  PG-13)
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
My personal favorite of the trilogy! A true masterpiece of a film. The pacing of this film is simply unreal. It's the best 2.5 hour experience available. It is developed brilliantly as we take in the beautiful scenery, story, and meet the characters. As a huge fan of the books, the characters were spot on from the book. Peter Jackson brilliantly selected every cast member perfectly. Gandalf, Frodo, Aragorn, Sam, Gimli, Merry, Pippin...they were all just as I had imagined them. The awesome ensemble cast from the large roles to the small roles were great. Ian McKellan and Elijah Wood in particular. The strong supporting cast, a cast of relatively unknown actors at the time, also gave good performances.
This is an masterpiece. Every second is simply golden. One of my all time favorite films. Definitely worthy of every praise it recieved! Absolutely love it!
Memento 2000,  R)
Memento
Complex in its simplicity, Memento is one of the most tense, intriguing, and involving thrillers ever made. The film features an amazing screenplay bolstered by some fantastic editing choices. A masterpiece from genius Christopher Nolan. One of my all-time favorite films, and one of the best films of the 2000s.
Amélie 2001,  R)
Amélie
A great little film about life and the little things that make it special. This movie is so clever, creative, and quirky. Audrey Tautou is so perfect. A great film!
Mulholland Drive 2001,  R)
Mulholland Drive
What the heck just happened?
Spirited Away 2001,  PG)
Spirited Away
Stunning film. Magical experience captured by some beautiful animation. I really liked the film despite the main character being a bit irritating.
Moulin Rouge! 2001,  PG-13)
Moulin Rouge!
Finally got a chance to rewatch this, and I loved it even more this time. What a film! No director has a signature touch like Baz Luhrmann, and Moulin Rouge! lives up to that with it's grand scale, elaborate sets, glamorous costumes, and unique music. Kidman and McGregor both give great performances; Kidman deserved an Oscar for Best Actress but was only nominated. A truly rewarding film experience.
Black Hawk Down 2001,  R)
Black Hawk Down
Excellent, excellent, excellent!

In the same league as Saving Private Ryan, it's that good. BHD is not only one of my favorite war films, but one of my favorite films period!
Oops!

Oops

Our site ran into some problems while handling your request. We've logged it, and we'll check it out soon. Click here to the previous page to try again, or you can also contact us about the problem. Thanks.

uuid:none

Troubleshooting

Support Forums

Ask questions and share answers on the Flixster Help Discussion Forum

Contact Us

Still can't find an answer? Contact us.
  • Server: web42.flixster.com ()
  • JSP: /movie-list/2001-47
  • release: glo20140922
  • flixster-git-desc: COMMRELEASE.2014-09-22.14-17-43 5bc41b7