close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

1. worleyjamers
  2. Jameson

All the films I have seen from 1990.

Page Views
Comments
  worleyjamers's Rating My Rating
GoodFellas 1990,  R)
GoodFellas
Nominated for 6 Academy Awards, GoodFellas is one heck of a movie. I'm a huge Dances With Wolves fan, but I can't believe this film did not win Best Picture. It is wow! Brilliant performances, great action, blood, interesting story.....this film cannot be missed.

The cast is great here. Ray Liotta, Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci, Lorraine Bracco, and Paul Sorvino all give great performances. Joe Pesci is especially great. I loved the "Why am I funny" scene....hilarious. Ray Liotta also gives a very strong performance. He's extremely convincing as the main character.

Wonderful direction by Martin Scorsese. This is definitely one of his best films! Each scene is flawlessly executed....the pacing is wonderful, also!

Absolutely fantastic, brilliant film!
Dances With Wolves 1990,  PG-13)
Dances With Wolves
Many people think the 1990 Oscar for Best Picture should have gone to GoodFellas; I might have preferred that also, but don't discredit this film for that reason. This is a great film! Along with 92's Unforgiven, Dances With Wolves revamped the Western genre, making it popular again. Nominated for 12 Academy Awards and winner of 7, this classic film is a must see!
The Godfather, Part III 1990,  R)
Misery 1990,  R)
Misery
I like some other Stephen King adaptations a little more, but this is still a really good film nonetheless. Kathy Bates is brilliant and completely deserved her Oscar. James Caan is also good.
Awakenings 1990,  PG-13)
Edward Scissorhands 1990,  PG-13)
Pretty Woman 1990,  R)
Pretty Woman
This was always one of those films that I never had any intention of watching. But, boredom got the best of me and so I gave it a go. I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I was interested the whole time. Also, a great performance by Julia Roberts!
The Hunt for Red October 1990,  PG)
Total Recall 1990,  R)
Arachnophobia 1990,  PG-13)
Tremors 1990,  R)
Home Alone 1990,  PG)
Back to the Future Part III 1990,  PG)
Die Hard 2 1990,  R)
My Blue Heaven 1990,  PG-13)
My Blue Heaven
A pretty good comedy film. It drags a bit in the middle, but it's very entertaining. Steve Martin is actually good as an Italian, or at least in this film. I love Joan Cusack and Rick Moranis...not sure how I feel about them together though. Overall, a pretty good comedy movie full of genuine laughs. I recommend it!
Darkman 1990,  R)
Kindergarten Cop 1990,  PG-13)

Comments (0)

Post a comment

Recent Comments