close [×]

Dear Flixster Community,

After seven fabulous years with you all, we are sorry to let you know that we're going to be retiring the Flixster Community site on September 30, 2014. Please note that you can still access your ratings, reviews, and quizzes on Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes using your same login. We have had so much fun building this community with you.

Thanks for all the memories,
Flixster

Art Forum (Showing 1 - 4 of 4 comments)

• xBlackRequiemx

Art portfolio suggestions, anyone?

I'm a senior in high school, and I'm in the process of putting together my artist's portfolio to enter a scholarship competition to my college of choice. Trouble is, I'm not really sure how to compile it or if my work is even competitive enough to earn a scholarship.... Anyone here been through the process of applying to art school or had to submit an art portfolio? I would very much appreciate some suggestions!
    posted 3 years ago
  • xBlackRequiemx

*cough*

Let's try this again....
    posted 3 years ago
  • Tidus8Cloud
    posted by Tidus8Cloud

I was going to say this in your last thread but it got deleted.

So anyway, your portfolio is competitive enough so you dont have to worry about that. Youre an amazing artist and youve been doing college level stuff since freshman year (or earlier lol). I think all you have to worry about is how to put it together, like what information for each piece and stuff, because you already know you have to have a variety of mediums and subject matters. Ill ask Hartz for you tomorrow? He just got out of art college
    posted 3 years ago
  • xBlackRequiemx

Aww! Thanks, broski! :D

So I was able to talk to Wendy today, and she gave me a few basic suggestions about organization and information to include, but it'd be nice to see what your art instructor thinks as well. He's fresh out of art school, so he'll probably have some different ideas to contribute, especially with the whole concept of digital portfolios.

It would really help if my art school were a little more cooperative, but I don't think my admissions representative understands that the informational packet she keeps sending me specifies that conditions for the scholarship competition are specific to each different campus. Asldkfjasagh. :/
    posted 3 years ago
  • scarsofhope
    posted by scarsofhope

dude I love Wendy. She made this awesome galaxy painting thing with graffiti paint today and she didnt like it so she let me have it :D I'll have to show you tomorrow its soooo freaking badass. You should make me one too!

and yeah, I think Hartz did a digital portfolio and he made a power point and burned it to a DVD
    posted 3 years ago