Anime Forum (Showing 1 - 10 of 10 comments)

• TheBlackKnight

Akira live-action movie

So, Warner Bros has purchased the rights to do an English spoken live-action version of the cult anime from 1988. It will possibly be released as two movies, the first one covering the first three volumes of the manga. Rumored cast: Shotaro Kaneda - Zac Efron
    Colonel Shikishima - Morgan Freeman
    I's supposed to be based on the manga, not the anime. I haven't read the manga however, but I can imagine the story is a bit deeper than the anime. Thoughts?
    posted 3 years ago
  • massXkiller
    posted by massXkiller

Erghhh i love the idea but i hate the actors. Anyway I'll watch it it's a AF requirement >.>
    posted 3 years ago
  • whyisitnevereasy

Since when is this an AF requirement? Live action never turns out well. I will have to say this is going to be a waste of money.
    posted 3 years ago
  • massXkiller
    posted by massXkiller

I was just saying that.
    And i thought that Hana Yori Dango was pretty good, and well the American DBZ was tolerable.
    posted 3 years ago
  • whyisitnevereasy

Meh. Live action is destined to fail in almost all cases.
    posted 3 years ago
  • massXkiller
    posted by massXkiller

That's why i have low expectations
    posted 3 years ago
  • civilzen
    posted by civilzen

Ah! they better not hold out on me like Cowboy bebop. Grave of the fireflies was great live action, better than even. Though it didn't require. much in the way of FX. Some of each of the Death Note movies were notable. Though, with Zac in it, if he turns it into a musical... I swear by all that is anime; I will hunt him down and scrape off his face with a dirty plunger!
    posted 3 years ago
  • massXkiller
    posted by massXkiller

LOL Civ ur epic

And WoW there is a Cowboy Bebop live action , i'm behind this things T_T
    posted 3 years ago
  • civilzen
    posted by civilzen

^It's Been two years in the Making already and and according to this

latest update it will be two more. But, Watanabe is still head producer so it should be worth the wait I was joking about the plunger I much rather enjoy the act by using one of those girlie luffas. The idea of sloffing skin is so, much more enjoyable don't you think?

posted 3 years ago
  • TheBlackKnight

the American DBZ was tolerable You must have really low standards. I was no DB fan to begin with but the DB movie made me cringe. :-o
    posted 3 years ago
  • AgentRfromNC
    posted by AgentRfromNC

Thought the Dragonball Z movie was ok like the Last Airbender and Blood+ movie. Hope Akira makes it to live action and director does it justice but not counting on it. I think it would be better if the producers make it for the japanese audience not the english but have voice actors doing the english version at the same time.
    posted 2 years ago