Scary Forum (Showing 1 - 19 of 19 comments)

• RobinBanks19
    posted by RobinBanks19

Favourite remake of a horror classic

Basically any horror movie which has been remade that you find to be good.
    posted 4 years ago
  • RobinBanks19
    posted by RobinBanks19

The Hills Have Eyes (2006) was pretty damn good in my opinion. The acting can't really be faulted and there was definitely alot of suspense.
    posted 4 years ago
  • AAflixter
    posted by AAflixter

I found the original The Hills Have Eyes genuinely shocking and disturbing -- different from frightening in my opinion. With the remake I got the extended DVD version, which went on and on and was probably a worse cut than the theatrical release which I haven't seen. I think the remake lost some of the intensity of the original -- didn't they take out the cannibalism completely, for example?
    posted 4 years ago
  • RobinBanks19
    posted by RobinBanks19

I haven't seen the extended version.

And there was a slight bit of cannibilism suggested in it, like when that big head guy says 'It's breakfast time' and the part where the long haired one that looks like a homeless person is eating the mothers innards. Ha
    posted 4 years ago
  • hopper
    posted by hopper

i'd like to see the original 'crazies' before i see the remake. i much prefer originals to remakes, although there are some remakes i like.

the wolf man remake i didn't mind. i also liked the day the earth stood still. the last man on earth remakes are ok i guess. i prefer i am legend to the omega man. night, dawn and day of the dead i like very much. the texas chain saw massacre i liked as well. oh yeah, can't forget the halloween remakes. those i love 'cause it's rob zombie and his shit is fucked. lmao!

dang, there's alot or remakes in here lol! wth man.
    posted 4 years ago
  • AAflixter
    posted by AAflixter

70s remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers was really good. 80s remake of The Thing likewise. I also really liked the 00s remake of The House on Haunted Hill, though it was more fun than horror in some ways.
    posted 4 years ago
  • hopper
    posted by hopper

good call AA i forgot those.

i'm not a fan of tom cruise, but i really did enjoy the war of the worlds remake...mostly because of young dakota fanning. lol! i was totally blowed away by her acting. i think she much better then...him.

the dracula remake was alright too, but i much prefer the bela lugosi version then the gary oldman one.
    posted 4 years ago
  • Jubei
    posted by Jubei

I am usually opposed to any remakes of an already good movie. However, I really would like to see The Crazies because the previews look pretty good and the original version is not a good movie anyway.
    posted 4 years ago
  • Blaxunshine
    posted by Blaxunshine

The Fly
    posted 4 years ago
  • ninjacobra
    posted by ninjacobra

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
    posted 4 years ago
  • MovieBuff27
    posted by MovieBuff27

Obviously The Thing and The Fly were amazing, but I also enjoyed the Hills Have Eyes remake, and even though I might be shot for typing this, I very much enjoyed The Ring, there I said it. Also the My Bloody Valentine remake was quite fun.
    posted 4 years ago
  • GhostShadowX
    posted by GhostShadowX

Friday the 13th. Though i love Betsy Palmer from the original, i don't think anyone could play a better Mrs. Voorhees. So i am glad they remade the movie and just stuck with good ol' Jason!
    posted 3 years ago
  • camzie15
    posted by camzie15

For me, it's Amityville. I wasn't able to sleep with that movie. :)

But the remake is simpler than the old film. the old film was more MORBID. :((
    posted 3 years ago
  • sportfan
    posted by sportfan

Texas chainsaw
    The ring
    The last exorcism
    The hitch hiker
    The thing

There's not many I can think of really.
    posted 3 years ago
  • TheGame90
    posted by TheGame90

Most horror remakes are bad...bacause they are more about making money than making a difference. It's easier to make money of a bad movie with a famous name than a no-name wannabe horror film. Especially Last house on the left. That made me sick how bad it was...And to anwser the question....The Thing...cause it was made when filmmakers still had som respect for the original.
    posted 3 years ago
  • yoerinr4
    posted by yoerinr4

I personally liked the remake of nightmare on elm street.
    and the remake of piranha
    posted 3 years ago
  • iluvspashley13

The only good horror movie remakes I've seen that can even be compared to the originals are:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (I actually thought this was better than the original),

Halloween, and

A Nightmare on Elm Street (I still like the original better though)
    posted 3 years ago
  • TheWizardOfGore

I whole heartedly agree about the classics but some of the lesser known b movies are cool to remake like piranha
    posted 3 years ago
  • kylef19
    posted by kylef19

The Hills Have Eyes(2006) is a great remake of the 1977 Wes Craven classic.

Not many remakes live up to the original, but this one does.
    posted 3 years ago
  • Uruk
    posted by Uruk

I grew up watching the 1990 version of "Night Of The Living Dead", and it's always been a favorite of mine. What makes it a good remake is that it stayed pretty true to the original, with the biggest difference being better production values. From black and white to color, with better effects - that was a pretty good leap.

Nowadays, horror films are being remade and gayed up for no apparent reason. "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" did not need to be remade, because in no way did they make an advancement on the original. Half the remakes today are gayed up with nu-metal soundtracks and other corny modern touches.
    posted 2 years ago