Sports (Showing 1 - 25 of 33 comments)

• bloodkingitachi

WORLD CUP 2010

as soccer fans may already know many elimination games have been taking place to select countries from around the world to participate in world cup 2010 south africa
    what team are you routing for and how are they doing in the elimination charts?
    posted 4 years ago
  • KatiBoyes
    posted by KatiBoyes

Go NewZealand!

Although they are extremely poor.
    So I also hope Portugal make it. They arn't looking good though.
    posted 4 years ago
  • bloodkingitachi

so uhmm this point system i forgot how it works...

can anyone explain it?

i had a document to read the rules but it was pdf and this pc i got has no adobe acrobat and well too lazy to dl it right now....
    posted 4 years ago
  • talk2excoba
    posted by talk2excoba

really, it is amazing that a team like Nigeria with an outstanding pe-degree in football will not be in south africa 2010.also teams like Garbon and Bukina faso can no longer maintain their form.but it is obvious that teams like Ghana and Cote-divore will make africans proud come 2010.also i'm not surprise to see Brazil already qualified for the mundial,but it is a big surprise that Argentina will not be in south africa 2010.Brazil and Ghana are teams to beat world cup 2010.thanks

http://chris-footballworld.blogspot.com/
    posted 4 years ago
  • KatiBoyes
    posted by KatiBoyes

Yes its amazing nigerias not going to be in it.

FFS Portugal might not get in or sweden.

Thats like C. Ronaldo, Simao, Nani, Nuno Gomes, Deco, Tiago, Zlatan and co might miss out....
    I think that would be 'Pedigree'.
    posted 4 years ago
  • SweetyTerrorxXx

Yeaaah, Switzerland is 1st of its qualification group of Europ.
    (As often by the way)
    9 groups of 6 teams each.
    So, we are the 1st, and then:
    Greece
    Israel
    Latvia
    Moldavia
    & Luxembourg
    Last games were last week against Greece (who were European champions in 2004 in Portugal, winning the 1st match and the final against Portugal, who was favorite by far) (2-0 for us), and this week against Latvia (2-2).
    Only 2 more matches to go. 2d games against Luxembourg in Luxembourg the 10-10-09 (where we should easily win), and againts Israel in Switzerland the 14-10-09,( where we should win too).
    Even if we have a victory and a draw, we stay 1st of the group. And even with a defeat and a winning, we could win anyways.
    We'll see...
    posted 4 years ago
  • timoteetope
    posted by timoteetope

WHY WATCH FOOTBALL MATCHES WITHOUT MAKING MONEY.i av always earn $200 per week.Its incredible guys,its not a joke,i won $50 in the match ARSENAL FC and TOTTEHAM FC played 31/10/09 on the Online betting that surely pays me for sure.others i av tried yielded me nothing.if u are interested,U can contact e-ma...il: timoteetope@yahoo.com&alfataofik20@gmail.com,its better U call me on 07065939240, 08062358880.i am also betting on ARSENAL VS AZ ALKMAAR TODAY
    posted 4 years ago
  • SweetyTerrorxXx

I'm disgusted to see France got an easy group (maybe the easiest). Even if they sucked last times, it stays an easy group for them.

Also disappointed to see which group we got, us, Swiss people.
    Hell, our 1st match will be against the favorites of the world cup (with, of course, Brazil, to change), the 2008 euro champions in Switzerland, the spanish.
    Ouch!
    The only team of the world (apart the ones we never played of course) we never beated in history.
    Our chance would be to finish 2d of the group. Which's totally possible.
    But really hard.
    Now, we are 18th team of the world, on the FIFA classification.
    But in our group, there's also:
    Chili, and they are 17th (so, the same in fact), but I think we never played them.
    And Honduras, who are the worst of the group; but still 38th. Also never played I believe.

A last thing.
    We have almost any chance to be champion of the world in 2010, but no matter, as we already are champions of the world.
    Yes, a few weeks ago, the Swiss team under 17 years old became champions of the world against Nigeria, by 1-0.
    Hip hip hip huraaaah!
    B-)
    posted 4 years ago
  • PedigreeChum
    posted by PedigreeChum

Yeah, gratz on that.

Though noone really cares about the under 17s. Its interesting, but noone cares.
    posted 4 years ago
  • SweetyTerrorxXx

I know, neither I do when my team doesn't win.
    I have no idea of who won the last world cup under 17.
    But not noone cares, I (and a lot other) do in this case. It's not only the fact to be champion of the world, but also that those guys who won will be in the main Swiss team in the next years, and can be a chance for us to make great things. After all, they will play partialy against the dudes they beated in this world cup.
    posted 4 years ago
  • a7f7
    posted by a7f7

i hope japan & korea go too far
    i hope the title goes to Italy or Spain
    posted 4 years ago
  • SweetyTerrorxXx

I agree with your 2 phrases man!
    With a preference for Italy for me.
    Although they chose Berlusconi the monster, I love Italy and italians.
    And if they win, they'll have 5 titles, like Brasil, so, they'll definitely enter the legend; if we consider they aren't already.
    I add that a new victory of Brasil would be excellent too; as well as an impossible victory for Switzerland, that nobody bet on.
    posted 4 years ago
  • PedigreeChum
    posted by PedigreeChum

Italy is way more average now. I think it will be from Brazil, Spain, England, Portugal(I dont actually think they will get this far but I like them) and Ivory coast.
    posted 4 years ago
  • SweetyTerrorxXx

Ivory Coast, lol, sure, they are favorites!
    Portugal, no way!
    Germany, England, Italy and Spain, have always been great teams, like Brasil.
    Italy has never been average, and I heard they won the last cup, as well as 3 before; so, they easily are the 2d team behind Brasil.
    posted 4 years ago
  • PedigreeChum
    posted by PedigreeChum

Not on current form they arn't.

And Portugal have the talent, just not playing very well together as of yet, same as Argentina.
    posted 4 years ago
  • SweetyTerrorxXx

Sure Portugal have some great players. They were on the semi-finales of the euro 2000, they lost the finale of the euro they organised in 2004, at the surprise of most of the people (although they already lost against Greece the very 1st match of the competition) and were 4th of the last world cup.
    But I don't see them winning this world cup in any case.

And sure, Italy has been better than today, but they weren't that much waited as winner in 2006 I think.
    And they anyways have a great place in the legend of this sport.
    posted 4 years ago
  • PedigreeChum
    posted by PedigreeChum

Meh. Italy are average. Spain yet again proved their class by beating france 2-0.
    posted 4 years ago
  • johari19
    posted by johari19

i think Spain, Germany,England and Argentina can win world cup. I'm so boring if brazil win again..
    posted 4 years ago
  • QuietCompany
    posted by QuietCompany

I don't trust the coaching of Italy and France.

And Germany is my favourite team but I know that they don't have the skill or coaching to win it. They can always put together a good string of results to get maybe to the final but not win it. Can't believe Sweden couldn't qualify.
    posted 4 years ago
  • PedigreeChum
    posted by PedigreeChum

Yeah Spain... Hmmm im thinking they're the best choice, though historically Spain dissapoint at world cups, Brazil are actually looking pretty strong as usual, but are playing in a much different style -one I do not enjoy- They are more defensively solid than they usually are and don't have that brilliant Brazilian flare that is so great to watch.

My pic, is actually, Spain but still thought id add some extra info etc :P anyhoo, Good luck Newzealand and Portugal.
    posted 3 years ago
  • 60yards
    posted by 60yards

trophy will go to either spain or most likely england. come to think of it the 3 lions have the killa squad not to mention the genius tactician manager capello. this is really going to b intriguing (like every otha world cup is!) but now with the like of ivory coast, ghana, cameroon having had a wealth of experience, the usual suspects arent really going to have a walk in the park. brasil for sure isnt! so though my bet is on europa teams, i wont rule out ivory coast nd ghana.
    posted 3 years ago
  • PedigreeChum
    posted by PedigreeChum

Depends if Drogba is fit!

Has anyone else noticed how ridiculously good he has gotten at freekicks?

And Cameroon are going to be shit, Eto'o is an arse!
    posted 3 years ago
  • Forberella
    posted by Forberella

Come on England!!
    posted 3 years ago
  • QuietCompany
    posted by QuietCompany

Aw crap, I thought that Capello sorted out their problems but they looked like an English team from 2-6 years ago. Actually they weren't that bad, the Americans were good. Only Shaun Wright-Phillips + the goalie Green can be criticized.

France on the other hand....yikes, embarrassing.
    posted 3 years ago
  • Butterlies3
    posted by Butterlies3

Best comedy moment so far was in the France v Uruguay match.Thierry calling for a handball call on Uruguay.
    England are not going to go far, if they don't get a decent goal keeper.
    posted 3 years ago
  • asolsa
    posted by asolsa

Heyy in South Africa my favaourite team is Mexico. You said why? They have some secrets like Giovanni Dos Santos, Vela and Guardado of course Marquez.. I have an analysis in my blog page: http://asolsa.blogspot.com/
    posted 3 years ago