The Flixster Experts Lounge (Showing 1 - 19 of 19 comments)

• Gryphon4200
    posted by Gryphon4200

Flixster General Help

For questions on general usage of the site issues. From how do I do this or that to, What's the best way to update this or that.
    posted 5 years ago
  • Gryphon4200
    posted by Gryphon4200

How do I delete friends? In My Friends there are alot of accounts for people who either never get on-line or are fake. I can goto their profile and block the user but I don't want to do that and I have not found anyway of deleting them from the My Friends list. I just want to delete them from my friends and if they do come back to the site and decide to add me they can. Am I missing something or is this something that can be fixed?
    posted 5 years ago
  • TheExistential

Hey Chris, There is a FRIENDS tab at the top of the page, it will drop down and you click on My Friends, it will give you an alphabetical list of your current friends list. You can then click on the remove friend tab to remove them.
    posted 5 years ago
  • alush1
    posted by alush1

I think that only removes them from your top 30-could be wrong...I think you have to go to their page and remove-which does'nt feel right but...
    posted 5 years ago
  • alush1
    posted by alush1

I really need some help alligning items on my profile page and using different fonts etc-Can anyone give me some tips?
    posted 5 years ago
  • sportfan
    posted by sportfan

No if you click on remove friend when you go into your friends list it will remove them off that list completely.
    posted 5 years ago
  • bucktoothal
    posted by bucktoothal

I was wondering if theres a way to send a message to everyone of your friends? Thanks
    posted 5 years ago
  • sportfan
    posted by sportfan

I was wondering if theres a way to send a message to everyone of your friends? Thanks

No theres not you can only send a reccomendation to all of your friends and stuff.
    They took the conversation thing away I think before you could add all of your friends to that conversation.
    posted 5 years ago
  • bloodkingitachi

so how can changes be made or requested?
    posted 4 years ago
  • Gx7
    posted by Gx7

Demand stuff here thread
    posted 4 years ago
  • sportfan
    posted by sportfan

so how can changes be made or requested?

Very few admins reads the demand stuff thread now Joe is the founder of flixster and he very rare comes on and when he comes on he just answers questions that is asked directly too him he doesn't read threads in the forums anymore because Brad took over.
    But Brad very rare reads the thread so you are better off contacting him directly he will get back to you as soon as possible then.
    posted 4 years ago
  • sitara63601
    posted by sitara63601

I can't get movies to play on flixster!! HELP!!!
    posted 4 years ago
  • DegenerateBoy
    posted by DegenerateBoy

Hi, I'm having trouble trying to delete lists that I've made on flixster every time I delete them they come back. I'd appreciate the help. Thanks
    posted 3 years ago
  • DarkSun555sChampion

Yeah you can't delete your lists.
    Or your movie ratings.
    Or your comments past page one of your profile.
    Flixster's broken like that :D

I'd just like to take this opportunity to also inform you that all of your ratings and reviews are now being hosted on RottenTomatoes.com, a website you didn't sign up to or sign up for :D

Hey. Administration. **** you.
    posted 3 years ago
  • RobGordon
    posted by RobGordon

Edited Flames message due to content. Flame - keep it up and you will receive a temp ban. There is no need to take it there.

Flixster has acquired Rotten Tomatoes recently, which is why you are seeing some Flix based content over there as it tinkers with figuring out how to make both sites even better through this acquisition.

I'm looking into why the lists are behaving oddly and will report back when I have info.
    posted 3 years ago
  • likeaparasite
    posted by likeaparasite

How do I favourite someone's list? I can't find an option for how to do that on a user's profile page or the page of their list(s).
    posted 3 years ago
  • LittleMissBloodAndGuts

DegerneateBoy says, "Pssssst! Please don't tell anybody that I'm Agent Lex!"
    posted 2 years ago
  • RobGordon
    posted by RobGordon

ORLY
    posted 2 years ago
  • fb100002200203045
    posted by fb100002200203045

I recently signed up with optomism for this service. Upon installation of the andriod app I was bombarded with bugs and errors. Perhaps the most serious fault is a message I received upon trying to watch my first flixter movie: "streaming movies is not supported on rooted devices for safety and security." Or something like that. My device is a Virgin Mobile UNROOTED (and unrootable) Keyocera Rise running Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. This phone was purchased NEW from the manufacturer. Blocking legitimate users while attempting to curve piracy is extremly taboo in the consumer software industry and an example of poor software design. Please correct this flaw or provide a bypass to begin streaming on legit devices. Until an accomidation is made, I will be sure to strongly discourage potential new users from the service.
    posted 19 months ago
  • blann1
    posted by blann1

I've bought a google tv device just to play flixster on my tv and I can't because it said that my device is rooted and it isn't?
    What is the cause of this and how can I fix this?
    Please help!!!!!!!!!!
    posted 17 months ago