The Golden Era of Hollywood (Showing 1 - 12 of 12 comments)

• occamsrazor1
    posted by occamsrazor1

Welcome to The Golden Era of Hollywood Forum!

I wanted this forum for all of us who are classic movie fans.This will be a forum to talk about every thing from the grand golden days of the silver screen. Movies,Actors and Actresses,Directors,and any thing pertaining to the days long past.I hope this will help pull the what I call "Flixster Classics Community" together and share with the rest of the Flixster community. I bid you all a fond welcome! ( Let us keep it safe!) I will be helping with keeping an eye on things! Thanks! And If you would like to let every one know you like the classics feel free to post this on your profile!
    Flixster - Share Movies
    Just click on it to get the code for your page!
    posted 4 years ago
  • SnowEater12
    posted by SnowEater12

Holiday Inn. . .

. . .rocks!

Bing was such a hunk! :)

and Yay! I'm the first to post in this forum! (besides you of course)
    posted 4 years ago
  • VampiressEclipse

Gone With The Wind was a hawt movie.

And Roman Holiday.
    posted 4 years ago
  • TheExistential

Breakfast at Tiffany's takes the place for my fondest classic ^_^
    posted 4 years ago
  • sportfan
    posted by sportfan

So we have a new forum which is the classic forum.
    I know a few have been waiting for this forum for a while so I'm glad you lot have finally got it.
    posted 4 years ago
  • occamsrazor1
    posted by occamsrazor1

Thanks sportboy! And thanks to all who have posted! Yes this was a much needed forum. I pursued it and here it is :)
    There will be a lot coming very shortly to the forum..I can't wait.
    All really good responses!
    posted 4 years ago
  • LorenzoVonMatterhorn

Casablanca is the bees knees!
    posted 4 years ago
  • VampiressEclipse

I saw Sabrina yesterday!=D

The original one with Audrey Hepburm.
    loved it absolutely.=D
    posted 4 years ago
  • kimmiejuly
    posted by kimmiejuly

I watched one of my favourites again last night....The African Queen. It's such a great movie.

Captains Courageous with Spencer Tracy is another favourite of mine.
    posted 4 years ago
  • Butterlies3
    posted by Butterlies3

I love everything directed by Hitchcock. Rebecca and Suspicion are two of my all time favourites.
    posted 4 years ago
  • occamsrazor1
    posted by occamsrazor1

All sounding very good. :)
    posted 4 years ago
  • neffielee
    posted by neffielee

Oh so many! The list would go on forever.
    posted 4 years ago
  • Kikuya
    posted by Kikuya (Moderator)

One question....."Why?"

No offense like, but why have a classic forum when classic's are shared within other forum's...why a Twilight forum, hundred's of twilight threads are still circling and shared through out other forums...and fashion?! o__0"

i put across an Art Forum idea awhile back, i mean months ago...and asked for it to be taken in to account and thought about by the higher people of Flixster, three times i mentioned it. i had no response what-so-ever and yet i gave them a link to a thread that i had made in the RC that shows them how many people were genuinly interested in the idea. how much does it take to actually be thought of and, if approved, for it to happen? How much effort was needed to make the forums i listed above, honestly? what is needed to get them to look into the idea?
    posted 4 years ago