Sci-Fi Forum (Showing 1 - 13 of 13 comments)

• TheBlackKnight

Stargate: Universe

A band of soldiers, scientists and civilians are forced through a stargate when their hidden base comes under attack. The desperate survivors emerge aboard an ancient ship, The Destiny, which is locked on an unknown course and unable to return to Earth. Faced with meeting the most basic needs of food, water and air, the group must unlock the secrets of the ship's stargate to survive. The danger, adventure and hope they find on board Destiny will reveal the heroes and villains among them. Stargate Universe will debut as a two-hour movie event on SCI FI and will be distributed by MGM Worldwide Television Distribution. Brad Wright and Robert Cooper, of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, will serve as executive producers and writers on the new series. Sounds really good to me...
    posted 5 years ago
  • Ali579
    posted by Ali579

I hadn't actually heard at all about this. It could be good
    posted 5 years ago
  • Shonuff1134
    posted by Shonuff1134

I saw the promo on the Battlestar last episode. Looks like it could hold up.
    posted 5 years ago
  • sportfan
    posted by sportfan

I haven't seen this yet but it looks pretty good.
    posted 5 years ago
  • TheBlackKnight

I haven't seen this yet but it looks pretty good. That might be because the premiere is in october.
    posted 4 years ago
  • crzynx
    posted by crzynx

stargate SG1 and atlantis rules i hope this will too
    posted 4 years ago
  • SC652690
    posted by SC652690

I'm counting down for this. I'm pumped folks. Can't be worse than Atlantis.
    posted 4 years ago
  • Ali579
    posted by Ali579

I watched the premier Friday and I have to admit it was not really what I expected. The storyline is kind of like Stargate Atlantis combined with Star Trek Voyager. It was interesting so I would watch the next episode to see if I am going to like it or not.
    posted 4 years ago
  • xrystofer
    posted by xrystofer

The first half of the series wasn't too bad. No, it's not at all like SG-1 or Atlantis, but who said it had to be. Personally, I miss the adventure that was had on the other SG shows, but this one does make the interpersonal angle work. At some point, I think we will have to see more outside forces come into play and interact with the cast (aliens, control of the ship to an extent), otherwise the personal developments of the cast may not be enough to keep people interested.
    posted 4 years ago
  • jamesteddy123
    posted by jamesteddy123

A new direction and style as fare as the spin off goes, very different to her sister concept Athlantis, it deals with the characters so much more than any other SG series. Its got all the basics plus more, bad (good) guy in the ranks, newer anti hero type, brainy guy but not as annoying as Rodney, don't get me wrong he's great but always at the heart of the story fixing everything so definitely more a Sam character, brillent but fallible. Also the ambiguous evil deed for the greater good type, 'the needs of the many out way the needs of the few' in this case earth vs the ship crew and of curse the Jack comedy is present in who i think to be the best character in SG since MacGyver 'Eli' comedy and genius built into one character and as you get to know him you love him he's sweet, kind and yet has the ability to be bad ass. His story steming from the gamer genius breaking a government code within a new game only to be 'beemed' up its brill...the first half of the first series is all about setting the stage and opening the characters for the audience. There is a relationship with earth through ancient technology so we'er not experiencing a voyager series. it shows SG 1's unknown thrill and antisipation with the atlantises pace and intrigue. A great line of charater arcs with thoughtful development to plot and story, linked with a great cast it bosts award winning style by Brad and Robert, great job lads, 10 out of 10 and looking forward to the next installment...
    posted 4 years ago
  • Baldev747
    posted by Baldev747

universe is good but i think that the story has not had the chance to really develop yet...
    posted 4 years ago
  • TheBlackKnight

http://www.scifiscoop.com/tv-shows/caprica/stargate-universe-cancelled/

Shortest SG series so far...
    posted 3 years ago
  • Collegekid
    posted by Collegekid

No it's not the shortest. The Animated one was. Lasted only a partial season.
    posted 3 years ago
  • AgentRfromNC
    posted by AgentRfromNC

i might buy this when the dvd series boxset comes out to go along with my SG-1 and SG:Atlantis boxset collection but have not seen it on tv. I really have not seen all of my other 2 boxsets completely either.
    posted 3 years ago