The Flixster Experts Lounge (Showing 1 - 6 of 6 comments)

• Clemontine
    posted by Clemontine

How do I add a track?

There are some actors on Flixster who also sing, and I have seen some of them have a track added with a litte track bar with pause/play. How do I do that?
    posted 5 years ago
  • Gx7
    posted by Gx7

2 ways:

Add a youtube video of the song and resize the video/widget so the screen wont be visible, leaving only the trackbar and the pause and play buttons on the page (Example see Milla Jovovich's actor page)

or

add an IMeem Widget that has the tracks you want. You prolly need an IMeem account to use this and setup the songs on that 3rd party site. I think Jennifairy has one in Jim Carreys actor page :)

Hope that helped! ^_^
    posted 5 years ago
  • Clemontine
    posted by Clemontine

Ok, thanx for the tips.
    posted 5 years ago
  • sykora259517
    posted by sykora259517

what if we found one to use on youtube.. but the 'sound' doesn't start automatically? for example..I wanted thunder say for the Chris hemsworth page
    (or at least in the Thor part) of the Movies & CHaracters... but I want it to play when you open the page.
    posted 3 years ago
  • RobGordon
    posted by RobGordon

Hey Sykora,

I've been looking into this for you but have run into a speed-bump as the previous system for doing this doesn't seem to work right now (Imeem is no longer in business as they were bought by Myspace).

I think there should be a way around this, possibly with Myspace players - but - I'm not completely sure.

I will try it out and let you know what I find.

Rob
    posted 3 years ago
  • RobGordon
    posted by RobGordon

Ok I found out an answer:

FIRST STEP - UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING INFO:

How do I add music?
    Imeem has now merged with Myspace and is no longer a widget supported by the wiki's. We suggest that you use Playlist (http://www.playlist.com/)for your alternative widget for music and playlist on your wiki. Use the Other Widget option to add other types of music player widgets to your site

KEEPING THAT IN MIND FOLLOW THESE STEPS (CHANGE STEPS OR SKIP THEM BASED ON THE INFORMATION ABOVE:

How do I add music?
    You can add music to your page by embedding an Playlist Music Player on a page. After registering for a free account with Playlist.com, you will be able to place a single song or an entire playlist on the page. Follow the easy steps below to add music.
    1. Click on the "EasyEdit" button and the toolbar will appear.

2. Place your cursor where you'd like to display your music player, and click on the "Other Widget" button in the Toolbar.

The "Add Widget" window will now appear.

3. Select the Playlist Music widget. The "Add Player" dialog will appear.

4. Select your music and enter the code to "embed in your blog, website, etc" from Playlist.com into the open text field and click "Add Playlist Music."

Note: You cannot view the music player while editing a page; at that time, you will see a placeholder icon that represents the widget. Your music player will be viewable after you save the page.

Let me know if this helps
    posted 3 years ago
  • RobGordon
    posted by RobGordon

And -

if you need a guide use this: http://www.flixster.com/wiki/flixster-wiki-help-faqs

scroll down to find the section on adding audio

but

follow my steps as that FAQ hasn't been updated to reflect the changes with Imeem players.

r
    posted 3 years ago